FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peak time Monday night, 25 people on the Republic Fleet. I've been in a warzone Q for the past 20 minutes. Gear progression is at a crawl. I'm outraged that I have to take another 2 months of this... all I want is to play with PEOPLE.

I made an alt on the Fatman. Rerolling is a really ugly word, I'm valor rank 96. But... 2 more months of nobody to play with and against.......

I dont get it on one hand you say there is noone to play with and yet you somehow managed to get valor rank 96? I dont understand how that would be possible with noone to play with...

Hmm they told me 6/26/2012 when I bought it.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

And who is they? A dev?, a clerk, just who told you a release date. Because I am sure it would be all over their web site if they had a release date.

From the FAQ on the GW2 site.

When is Guild Wars 2 going to be released?

We expect to ship Guild Wars 2 in 2012. The final release date will be determined by beta-testing feedback.

Edited by RickRedOne

Check out that US server list now.

41 servers are LIGHT.

Out of 123 servers. That's only 33%, and peak is just getting going. My server is STANDARD. Right now there are 125 on the Fleet. So, if you're moved for free from your LIGHT to my STANDARD, where grouping is no problem, where's the issue?

And who is they? A dev?, a clerk, just who told you a release date. Because I am sure it would be all over their web site if they had a release date.

From the FAQ on the GW2 site.

The email I got says June 26th 2012 is the tentative release date. I remember it will because its a special date for me. The day my wife and I got married.

Edited by Leggomy

I dont get it on one hand you say there is noone to play with and yet you somehow managed to get valor rank 96? I dont understand how that would be possible with noone to play with...

Use your brain. 20 people on the fleet at prime time isn't mmo numbers. Obviously, there are Qs, I just said they take a very long time. And obviously, there are less people on the fleet now then there was a few months ago.

I'm merely stating my displeasure with being on a low population server. My alt on Fatman gets insta Qs all the time, the general chat is lively, the server is alive. I pay for this game, I don't wanna wait 2 months to get our server to be like that.

Use your brain. 20 people on the fleet at prime time isn't mmo numbers. Obviously, there are Qs, I just said they take a very long time. And obviously, there are less people on the fleet now then there was a few months ago.

I'm merely stating my displeasure with being on a low population server. My alt on Fatman gets insta Qs all the time, the general chat is lively, the server is alive. I pay for this game, I don't wanna wait 2 months to get our server to be like that.

Why do you keep saying everyone is on fleet? I spend maybe 1% of my time there. Noone is forcing you to stay here. They will have transfers ready when they are ready (early summer). Maybe cancel and come back I dont know what to tell you.

Why do you keep saying everyone is on fleet? I spend maybe 1% of my time there. Noone is forcing you to stay here. They will have transfers ready when they are ready (early summer). Maybe cancel and come back I dont know what to tell you.

I don't PVE, there is no open world PVP. So yeah, I sit on the Fleet between warzones. You don't have to tell me anything, I'm just unhappy about the state of my server. If you're telling me to not be unhappy, well at least include hugs and smooches in your rant.

I don't PVE, there is no open world PVP. So yeah, I sit on the Fleet between warzones. You don't have to tell me anything, I'm just unhappy about the state of my server. If you're telling me to not be unhappy, well at least include hugs and smooches in your rant.

So you choose to ignore 90% of the game and wonder why you are unhappy? I am not telling you how to feel either. Just saying you COULD be happier if you enjoyed the whole game and not just a small part of it. Also I mean I dont know about you but I am here long term. If I was you Id just start over on the fatman. Its very very early on in the game might as well make the move now and save some money. You have a few months either way may as well make the best of it.

So you choose to ignore 90% of the game and wonder why you are unhappy? I am not telling you how to feel either. Just saying you COULD be happier if you enjoyed the whole game and not just a small part of it. Also I mean I dont know about you but I am here long term. If I was you Id just start over on the fatman. Its very very early on in the game might as well make the move now and save some money. You have a few months either way may as well make the best of it.

I only bought TOR, not because of the rich story, nor because of the SW lore and planets, I don't care about crafting or legacy, I don't care there's a star ship simulator with in game combat, I don't care my pets or titles, I bought the game so I could join a low populated server so i could sit around by my self in the fleet in piece and enjoy the terrible music they play between WZ...

pthhhh... don't you get it :rolleyes:

Edited by Ensquire

I only bought TOR, not because of the rich story, nor because of the SW lore and planets, I don't care about crafting or legacy, I don't care there's a star ship simulator with in game combat, I don't care my pets or titles, I bought the game so I could join a low populated server so i could sit around by my self in the fleet in piece and enjoy the terrible music they play between WZ...

Sheesh... don't you get it :rolleyes:

Join a guild. Reroll on a more populated server. Quit. Those are your options. I personally never sit around fleet. I am out playing the game. Again if all you do is idle in fleet then no wonder you dont like the game. A lot of people are not into warzones or pvp. I am not really all that into it. Ill do it but to me its kind of pointless but hey thats just me. I do enjoy pve and pets. I like getting datacrons and making sure I have all the titles. I like space missions and being on my ship. If you dont then you are missing out on a lot of the game.

Ya but I dont complain there is nothing to do when there is plenty I just dont want to do it. Id go find a game that has what I want.

I LOVE THE PVP. I love it. It's amazing. That's what I'm intersted in, it's what I like doing. The only negative thing I have to say about it, is I have barely anyone to do it with and against. I'm here expressing how displeased I am that I have to wait another 2 months to fix this issue. If you're happy doing your PVE and space missions and romancing your companions, that's cool. But I want to PVP.

Join a guild. Reroll on a more populated server. Quit. Those are your options. I personally never sit around fleet. I am out playing the game. Again if all you do is idle in fleet then no wonder you dont like the game. A lot of people are not into warzones or pvp. I am not really all that into it. Ill do it but to me its kind of pointless but hey thats just me. I do enjoy pve and pets. I like getting datacrons and making sure I have all the titles. I like space missions and being on my ship. If you dont then you are missing out on a lot of the game.

You don't get it... I like to sit around and listen to the terrible cantina music, and have podraces ok... really choked this game never had any pod races... And why does this game depict females like warriors? they should do what terra did and throw out all respect for that gender out the door...

And guilds? Why would i join a guild and play with other players? I didn't sign up for this game to do that OK

Just in case you didn't know (everything here as well as my previous post is heavily interwoven with major sarcasm in everything i've stated)

Edited by Ensquire

I LOVE THE PVP. I love it. It's amazing. That's what I'm intersted in, it's what I like doing. The only negative thing I have to say about it, is I have barely anyone to do it with and against. I'm here expressing how displeased I am that I have to wait another 2 months to fix this issue. If you're happy doing your PVE and space missions and romancing your companions, that's cool. But I want to PVP.

If I wanted to pvp I would roll a character on the fatman. It seems to be the de-facto official unofficial pvp server.

If I wanted to pvp I would roll a character on the fatman. It seems to be the de-facto official unofficial pvp server.

Im already releveling there, but I shouldn't have to. Losing 96 valor, legacy, credits, etc.

Im already releveling there, but I shouldn't have to. Losing 96 valor, legacy, credits, etc.

Well you could wait but thing is possibly they will only allow transfers OFF fatman because its already highly populated. In lotro for a long time you could only transfer off my server because of the load. They didnt want more people transferring there. Might be the same thing here so they can spread people out more.

EDIT: YOU complain how your in a low populated server with no one to play. However your playing in the fatman, which sometimes has server ques because its over populated. So...

I don't get it :D

Edited by Ensquire

So you complain how your in a low populated server with no one to play however your playing in the fatman which sometimes has server ques because its over populated. So... I don't get it :D

I'm sorry, your grammar is so bad that I don't understand your point?

Article - SWTOR: BioWare Reponds To Criticism, Server Merges Still Possible

'Everything on the table' as BioWare looks at ways to combat low server populations in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1324496/swtor_bioware_reponds_to_criticism_server_merges_still_possible.html

They've also commented on server transfers, which I certainly prefer - and stated that they're actively working on it.

I have a level 50 inquisitor, a 40 gunslinger, and several others abandoned on dead servers (2 people on fleet... seriously).. for the most densely populated server I could find. I never even have a queue, but I finally am able to pug groups and experience content.. I'd rather queue to play and know I'll actually see another player, rather than play alone.