FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

Also guys not everyone sits in fleet and idles. A lot of us avoid fleet unless we have to go there. So saying there is only 30 people in fleet means nothing. Why would people just sit in fleet and not be playing the game?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most games don't have classes / professions that are faction locked either.
Exactly. It should be easier to balance balance a game with classes that are not fractionally restricted. Yet it has not worked for titles that utilize such a system. If it does work for them, it definitely won't work for SWTOR.

Nice to see it's happening unfortunately it may be to late for some... I've been on the deadweight since release and have watched it get worse and worse to the point where the most active players I know of aren't even on anymore.... something to look forward to I suppose but another month of this and I can't say I'll be surprised if the population on fleet during peek times is... 0

Also guys not everyone sits in fleet and idles. A lot of us avoid fleet unless we have to go there. So saying there is only 30 people in fleet means nothing. Why would people just sit in fleet and not be playing the game?

you can just as easily search 50 and see the faction population... no need to nitpick you know as well as everyone this has been an ongoing issue since about a month after release

Why do you say that? This game WAS sold as having great PvP and one of the industries best PvP teams. I think you're greatly mistaken that the game wasn't designed with PvP in mind. Hell, they even have PvP servers.

Bioware made the MISTAKE of removing Ilum incentive BEFORE they replaced it with anything. As crappy as it was, it beat what we have now...NOTHING!

The game is a PvE game with PvP features included. NOT a PvP game.

In MMOs, this makes a large difference, and frankly most avid PvPers don't stick with a PvE MMO with PvP features. They get pissed (they are a notoriously impatient and demanding segment of the comunity) and leave, because it's not actually what they want.

Edited by Andryah

Why would you not re-roll, for the sake of the guild and the community you have built? What you have done with your time in-game so far has been enjoyable, so why not start over? Nothing in these games amounts to anything when you eventually quit the game, so ignore your current gear, credits, crafting skill levels and re-roll now, before more of your guild quit.

Makes perfect sense to me. Can anyone explain why this isn't a logical solution? Gaming is fun, you'll have fun when you re-roll as you did when you started the game the first time. Just ignore the things in your bank, they are ultimately worthless anyway...

re-roll,what are you smoking? many of us have several lvl 50s on these dead servers,and your answer is to re-roll. and when free transfers come around,there is no guarantee we will be able to move our toons to the new server weve re-rolled on. re-rolling is not an option,i wish you guys would stop suggesting this!:mad: by the way,going thru the entire story again for multiple toons is not fun,it actually pretty boring.

Edited by tloops

The game is a PvE game with PvP features included. NOT a PvP game.

In MMOs, this makes a large difference, and frankly most avid PvPers don't stick with a PvE MMO with PvP features. They get pissed (they are a notoriously impatient and demanding segment of the comunity) and leave, because it's not actually what they want.

This is generally true. An argument can be made that SWTOR is actually a PvPvE game, due to its emphasis on factional conflict and story, but that type of game doesn't really appeal to the hardcore PvP element, either.

re-rolling is not an option,i wish you guys would stop suggesting this!:mad: by the way,going thru the entire story again for multiple toons is not fun,it actually pretty boring.
The fact remains that it is an option, one a large number of players in the community have made use of. You just don't care to. Edited by HeavensAgent

re-roll,what are you smoking? many of us have several lvl 50s on these dead servers,and your answer is to re-roll. and when free transfers come around,there is no guarantee we will be able to move our toons to the new server weve re-rolled on. re-rolling is not an option,i wish you guys would stop suggesting this!:mad: by the way,going thru the entire story again for multiple toons is not fun,it actually pretty boring.

So let me get this straight. You think playing the game is boring? How long could it possibly take to re-roll and get everything back? A month maybe less if you play a lot? Whats the big deal?

ok ill correct them...30 people on fleet and 3-5 people per planet...at least thats what it is on my server

The fact remains that it is an option, one a large number of players in the community have made use of. You just don't care to.

and those same people who re-rolled to a higher pop server,will be the same ones screaming that they cant move thier toons there later. i refuse to put my self in that situation,nor should i have to.

You prob play on republic side eh? You know there are also imperials on your server right?

nope ,i play imp side on talos restoration server..i also have a couple of toons on rep side,but thats even worse. dont assume i dont know my server,ive been there since launch.

and those same people who re-rolled to a higher pop server,will be the same ones screaming that they cant move thier toons there later. i refuse to put my self in that situation,nor should i have to.
Best not to use generalizations. If you're wrong, you might appear ignorant.

I'm not criticizing the fact that you don't reroll. That's your choice to make. But it is an option.

nope ,i play imp side on talos restoration server..i also have a couple of toons on rep side,but thats even worse. dont assume i dont know my server,ive been there since launch.

Then you are logging in during off peak or something. My server is always light and there are plenty of people on it. I think sometimes people exaggerate a little or login at 3am on a monday and wonder why noone is on.

Then you are logging in during off peak or something. My server is always light and there are plenty of people on it. I think sometimes people exaggerate a little or login at 3am on a monday and wonder why noone is on.
No, there are some servers that are that bad. It's not the majority, but they do exist. I rerolled from one.

So let me get this straight. You think playing the game is boring? How long could it possibly take to re-roll and get everything back? A month maybe less if you play a lot? Whats the big deal?

i think playing the same stories again is boring,yes i do.it has taken me this long to get 3 lvl 50s and several mid lvl toons,and i shouldnt have to abandon that progress because bioware was ill-prepared for this eventuallity. re-rolling is the biggest fanboi response on this thread.

Best not to use generalizations. If you're wrong, you might appear ignorant.

I'm not criticizing the fact that you don't reroll. That's your choice to make. But it is an option.

i have already seen multiple threads from people complaining about it ,and the transfers arent even here yet. it will only get worse when they are implemented.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm working here! :p

Did the server just suddenly drop off in pop? What I'm saying is, if you have multiple 50's on the same server, either you ignored the population problem as you were enjoying the story (and if so, then why moan about it now if the problem was ALWAYS there, hence re-roll would have been a valid option IMHO) or it's just died off as competing MMO's have arrived.

If it's option 1, then you can't really moan about things now when you knew the population on your chosen server was poor. If option 2, then I can see where your frustration is coming from and sympathise.

I guess I have a lot more patience than it would seem is average, as I only going annoyed after rolling a Jedi Knigth 5 times to 20, following my mates around various servers as they kept jumping gaming communities. Irritating *******es!

take 5 minutes and roll a toon on my server,i dare you..you can log in any time a day,all day long and you will never see more than 20 people on fleet,or 5 people per planet...again my server is talos restoration project.. why do you think we are all lying? what would be the point? if there was even 50 people on my fleet always,you would never hear a word from me,but that simply isnt the case. just because your on one of the few good servers dosent mean that we are all liars..go check it out..ill wait

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm working here! :p

Did the server just suddenly drop off in pop? What I'm saying is, if you have multiple 50's on the same server, either you ignored the population problem as you were enjoying the story (and if so, then why moan about it now if the problem was ALWAYS there, hence re-roll would have been a valid option IMHO) or it's just died off as competing MMO's have arrived.

If it's option 1, then you can't really moan about things now when you knew the population on your chosen server was poor. If option 2, then I can see where your frustration is coming from and sympathise.

I guess I have a lot more patience than it would seem is average, as I only going annoyed after rolling a Jedi Knigth 5 times to 20, following my mates around various servers as they kept jumping gaming communities. Irritating *******es!

to answer your question,the server had a decent pop the first 2 months then took a dramatic downslide after that,i have no explanation why,but it did.

Yeah, Bondar-Crystal was full nearly every day back in December, I always had to wait in queues to get in. Now the server is always light, and there's never more than 10-20 people in imperial fleet. There was definitely a drop-off.

This is the part that proved to be an issue. LFG wasn't an issue when it was limited to a single server. Once it was made cross-server, though, it contributed to a destabilization of the individual server communities and an economic rebalancing across the game. The latter was a real issue for servers that had boasted a server economy above the eventual mean, pulling them down to the point that players were incapable of generating the in-game funds needed to maintain basic game play (potions, equipment repairs, etc). The economy eventually self-corrected in these instance, but not before many left the game. A few of these servers were quietly merged with more populous guilds as a result.

I am in favor of a cross server lfg system, ive played mmos since eq1 and i really miss the tight server cummunities we used to have in mmos but those are gone, and the lfg tool didnt didnt kill them, the new breed of mmo gamers killed it. I believe that a modern mmo cannot survive without a cross server lfg tool but i hope swtor isnt the game that will prove me right, but it will be if they insist on holding out too long before they add one.

And second, how does a cross server lfg tool effect a servers economy?