FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

So I should remake my characters somewhere else? No *********** way? My server's population was fine until around 1.1.4 and now it's a wasteland, unfortunately I won't be rolling new characters and throwing 30+ legacy levels away, no thank you I'd rather go play something else entirely instead of replaying dozens of hours of content just to get pvp queues and people to group in pve.

Then quit I guess. Bye.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware has been giving away free 30 day subs.

You kinda need to know what your talking about before being quick to troll. ;)

So they came to your house put a gun to your head and told you to post here? Dont like the game then fine leave noone cares. You are one person out of millions.

Offering free transfers is stupid.

BW should actively merge servers to balance the factions. IE, merge a high pop repub with a high pop empire.

Otherwise they are likely to solve nothing.

IMHO.

Concur. I'm not likely to move from my mostly-dead server until forced, and I sure as heck won't pay to move.

Join a guild. I dont get why you guys are having such a hard time. You like PVP roll on one of the high pop pvp servers. You will get warzones np. Also noone is punishing you lol. You made a choice on a server didnt work out. So you can pay to move or re-roll. What is the problem?

Maybe you could pay for him? And me? And the 1,000s of others? Didn't think so... ahh well. :(

Join a guild. I dont get why you guys are having such a hard time. You like PVP roll on one of the high pop pvp servers. You will get warzones np. Also noone is punishing you lol. You made a choice on a server didnt work out. So you can pay to move or re-roll. What is the problem?

Your mentality is the problem.

I'm in a small family guild, but even a large guild would not solve the Que time problem. Look, I’ve played a lot of MMOs and I miss the people, the chance encounters with people I don't know, even the annoying social rejects that MMOs seem to draw like bears to honey. There’s something enjoyable about a virtual world stuffed with people, toons running by you willy nilly doing things and on the way to doing things. I can fondly remember zones in EQ and even WoW just chock full of people talking and doing stuff. The people are missing from TOR, end the problem is exacerbated by the sheer size of TOR’s zones and this emptiness is a problem in a Massively MULTIPLAYER RPG.

The servers are dead, and this is a MAJOR problem for those of us who like TOR and want to keep playing.

Edited by Torcer

Your mentality is the problem.

So you guys think you should just sit alone with no guild and hope to run HMs in pick up groups? No wonder you are not having any fun. Trust me join a guild you will have a LOT more fun. If you are in a dead guild quit and find an active one. Im on a light server that usually never sees standard except weekends (I like it this way). My guild has always at least 20 people on weekends 100s of people on.

I'm in a small family guild, but even a large guild would not solve the Que time problem. Look, I’ve played a lot of MMOs and I miss the people, the chance encounters with people I don't know, even the annoying social rejects that MMOs seem to draw like bears to honey. There’s something enjoyable about a virtual world stuffed with people, toons running by you willy nilly doing things and on the way to doing things. I can fondly remember zones in EQ and even WoW just chock full of people talking and doing stuff. The people are missing from TOR, end the problem is exacerbated by the sheer size of TOR’s zones and this emptiness is a problem in a Massively MULTIPLAYER RPG.

Reroll on a more populated server or pay to move to one. Not all of us want 1000s of people ninja'n everything. Some of us prefer a lightly populated server. There are plenty of standard to heavy ones just pick one and join a guild there. You expect them to totally re-write the game for you and change all the zones etc? I mean come on. Also if you came here expecting WoW no wonder you are disappointed.

Why not Merge Low Pop Servers NOW? Transfers are not enough, BW simply needs to merge servers, summer may be too late, the low pop is killing the game for the loyal players who like the game, but can’t get a MMO experience with it.
Because the technology to do so does not yet exist. They're not postponing tansfers. It simply cannot be done at the moment.

So you guys think you should just sit alone with no guild and hope to run HMs in pick up groups? No wonder you are not having any fun. Trust me join a guild you will have a LOT more fun. If you are in a dead guild quit and find an active one. Im on a light server that usually never sees standard except weekends (I like it this way). My guild has always at least 20 people on weekends 100s of people on.

The problem is there are so few people actively playing, that I've already been in 3 seperate guilds.

First one merged with the second one. Those both died due to inactivity of 180 members! After the death of the merged guild, we took the active leftovers (about 15-20) and merged with yet ANOTHER guild.

Now there are only about 8-12 active members in the now 3rd guild.

Not sure if there's any less/more because I'm unsubbed and have no desire to log back in.

The problem is there are so few people actively playing, that I've already been in 3 seperate guilds.

First one merged with the second one. Those both died due to inactivity of 180 members! After the death of the merged guild, we took the active leftovers (about 15-20) and merged with yet ANOTHER guild.

Now there are only about 8-12 active members in the now 3rd guild.

Not sure if there's any less/more because I'm unsubbed and have no desire to log back in.

You need to pick better guilds my friend. My guild has over 600 members and my server (darth bandon sp?) is always light except the occasional standard on the weekends. Join a guild based around something besides pvp.

Offering free transfers is stupid.

BW should actively merge servers to balance the factions. IE, merge a high pop repub with a high pop empire.

Otherwise they are likely to solve nothing.

IMHO.

Of course, doing what you recommend never solves faction imbalance, either.

Who says it will cost money to move to servers like the fatman etc? Noone has said that yet. Why not wait to freak out until its confirmed.

So... you said "Pay to move" then said "Noone has said that yet" (as per above). So the question of WHO said it is easy... IT WAS YOU!!! *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *Somewhere a lightbulb has came on!* ;)

So... you said "Pay to move" then said "Noone has said that yet" (as per above). So the question of WHO said it is easy... IT WAS YOU!!! *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *Somewhere a lightbulb has came on!* ;)

Hello genius I dont make those decisions lol.

So I should remake my characters somewhere else? No *********** way? My server's population was fine until around 1.1.4 and now it's a wasteland, unfortunately I won't be rolling new characters and throwing 30+ legacy levels away ...
Well, by cancelling you throw away 30+ legacy levels as well.

Of course, doing what you recommend never solves faction imbalance, either.

Server imbalance will always be there. People like playing the dark side. You dont get to play the bad guy in a lot of games. Its nice and refreshing. Games like LOTRO for example you can only play the bag guys (creeps) in the deserted pvp zone. This game you can play it everywhere.

will the transfers transfer all your characters? legacy and all? im think of rolling a new character and try to get it 50 before transfers.. let me know please :)
It's possible. It was done with the Asia-Pacific transfers. No one knows for sure, though. At the moment that probably includes Bioware.