FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

Let's see. I suppose that a lot of players subscribed for the 6 months period,

Yeah, You suppose, thats only thing you can do.But I can tell this, game cards are cheaper and more favorit for poeple.

Anyway, poeple can cancel their sub anytime they want.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never set my accounts up for recurring subscription. Just buy 60 day time cards at a time for SWTOR.

It was nice getting a free 30 days, but I only have 50 days left on my subscription. If free character transfers are in early summer, that means at least mid June before we see anything.

I am a member of Asphyxiation on Kinrath Spider. First 3 months our guild had 2 weekly running ops groups and even a 3rd rag-tag one when enough was online.

Now, our server is crickets.

Maybe about 15-90 imperial lvl 50s on everyday/night (type /who 50 to see how many active 50s there are). I don't talk about imp/pub fleet population since it has no bearing on population of the server over all...its just a place ppl sometimes park their guy.

Anyway, the only thing I really look forward to now are the two days our ONE remaining ops group continues to run for the new Denova content and thats pretty much it. It takes a fair while before solo/group pvp qs pop which is kind of sad now. Dailies grinding isn't my sort of thing either.

I could re-roll until character transfers are available, but that really just isn't fair to me or others in the same situation. I have 2 50s that I enjoy(ed) to play but have no wish to start from scratch in a new server without my guild mates either.

Come May 15, Diablo 3 is rolling out. I dunno how addictive the game will be, but I think a majority of gamers will pick it up too. I have no idea how this will bode for SWTOR and players trapped on a dead server. If transfers aren't made available ASAP, well, I feel like SWTOR will lose a large number of players due to the fact they no longer have anything fun/social to do in game on a dead server.

Yeah, You suppose, thats only thing you can do.But I can tell this, game cards are cheaper and more favorit for poeple.

Anyway, poeple can cancel their sub anytime they want.

That's interesting. I'd like more informations. How cheaper are the game cards compared to the 6 months subscription? Aslo, what's the ratio of "game card players" vs "6 months subscription players" in SWTOR? Thank you in advance!

That's interesting. I'd like more informations. How cheaper are the game cards compared to the 6 months subscription? Aslo, what's the ratio of "game card players" vs "6 months subscription players" in SWTOR? Thank you in advance!

Yeah... the 6-month is actually cheaper per month than game cards. That's why I do it, and it's recurring.

What a garbage game GW2 beta is currently under stress test OPEN beta weekand and we ALREADY have free transfers with hundreds of thousands slamming the servers LOL swtor is dead the day gw2 launches considering my fleet usually has 120-150 on at this time and has 15 currently while the other 135 wait at the gw2 login screen. Edited by swTTT

Yeah... the 6-month is actually cheaper per month than game cards. That's why I do it, and it's recurring.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Right now, I pay 12,99$ every month for SWTOR because of the 6 months subscription discount. How much does it cost exactly with the game cards?

I don't do recurring subscriptions for ANY new MMO since WoW for a simple reason: They typically haven't lasted and rarely survive the test of time.

Why buy 6 month recurring sub when the game might die out in popularity by month 4? Or what if a new game comes along and you no longer play your game but still continue to pay for those days/weeks/months you have no use for?

Also, with recurring, it is so easy to forget when ur sub is up that it charges another 6 months from you when you don't even want it.

Time cards are only $2US/per month more than 6 month subscriptions. (60 day TC = $29.99 = $14.99/month, 6 mo Sub = $77.94 = $12.99/month)

Edited by TurboTacoWP

I don't do recurring subscriptions for ANY new MMO since WoW for a simple reason: They typically haven't lasted and rarely survive the test of time.

Why buy 6 month recurring sub when the game might die out in popularity by month 4? Or what if a new game comes along and you no longer play your game but still continue to pay for those days/weeks/months you have no use for?

Also, with recurring, it is so easy to forget when ur sub is up that it charges another 6 months from you when you don't even want it.

Time cards are only $2US/per month more than 6 month subscriptions. (60 day TC = $29.99 = $14.99/month, 6 mo Sub = $77.94 = $12.99/month)

Simply put, it's because I know I and my guild will still be here in 6 months. You see, I game with a group of friends that have been together since the early days of SWG in 2004, through several MMOs including, but not limited to, SWG, EQ2, PotBS, Warhammer, Aion, RIFT, SWTOR. Every single member of my guild that started on Day One of Early Access is still here, still having a blast, still grouping, and leveling alts. Once we're done with the class stories, THEN we'll start on HMs and Ops.

So, as you can see, we still have quite a long time in this game. ;)

Simply put, it's because I know I and my guild will still be here in 6 months. You see, I game with a group of friends that have been together since the early days of SWG in 2004, through several MMOs including, but not limited to, SWG, EQ2, PotBS, Warhammer, Aion, RIFT, SWTOR. Every single member of my guild that started on Day One of Early Access is still here, still having a blast, still grouping, and leveling alts. Once we're done with the class stories, THEN we'll start on HMs and Ops.

So, as you can see, we still have quite a long time in this game. ;)

Good for you, I am glad you're a part of the 1%

Your link has to do with the Asian Pacific Transfers. And since a lot of that process is done manually it is not inductive as to how the final process will be later.

Not exact, no, but it does give you a BIG clue as to BioWare's stance on it, wouldn't you think? Why are people so afraid to extrapolate these days? To use their own powers of reason?

You have a source for that statistic?

Nope and I don't need one, I wasn't trying to be factual; just bitter and sarcastic.

To the people who have no problems with their guild/server/population, then good for you. Lurk forums later when you are done having a super-awesome-fun-time!

To the majority of people in this/these type of threads who are having problems with guilds/server/pop/xfers keep voicing your frustration to BW.

Kinrath Spider population blows, it wasn't like that always, but it is crickets now. Imbalance between Republic and Imperial is well noted, and has been mentioned on these forums and/or others many times now.

Even with the 1.2 Patch and free 30 days, our server noticed a slight increase of activity and population, but has since remained the same dull, lifeless server. Rolling new alts on republic/imp on this server isn't very fun either. A character transfer is needed, but early summer is too far off the mark. I do not believe 1.3 will be enough to make me purchase more time either. BW even has stated 1.3 will be a smaller patch than those before and upcoming.

If character xfers are made available within the 50 days of my sub, I am far more likely to remain active than I would be if it were not so.

This needs to happen now. Not in late may or June!! Now. So many servers are dead or dying already and have been.

Hurry up Bioware u r running out of time!!

They'll roll out transfers when they can. The have to expand upon the tech they put in place for the Asia-Pacific transfers in order to accommodate the load they expect in a general-use situation. They've still got plenty of time.

so bioware is actually encouraging killing off low pop servers

i dont know,in my opinion.bioware needs to hang there hat up to the mmo business and stick with single player rpgs.cuz they sure arent very good at the mmo thing

It's an accepted practice in the industry to consolidate the populations of low-activity servers in order to establish a fewer server boasting more active communities. There's nothing new or bad about it.

It's an accepted practice in the industry to consolidate the populations of low-activity servers in order to establish a fewer server boasting more active communities. There's nothing new or bad about it.

active community?

i guess,but you arent going to find many servers with an active community when free transfers roll out.maybe on like 3 servers,but who wants to play an mmo with only a couple servers worth rolling on

i know i dont

active community?

i guess,but you arent going to find many servers with an active community when free transfers roll out.maybe on like 3 servers,but who wants to play an mmo with only a couple servers worth rolling on

i know i dont

Why not? A lot games boast only a single server. Total number of servers has absolutely no impact on game play experience. Besides, there a larger population than you believe; stating there would only be 3 servers is a severe understatement. There are at least a dozen active server communities even before transfers.

i guess,but you arent going to find many servers with an active community when free transfers roll out.maybe on like 3 servers,but who wants to play an mmo with only a couple servers worth rolling

The operative word being "guess".

This is needed, but too many people are leaving, my server use to be well populated and noticed this pass week we decreased by 100 players on the fleet, we are around 80 players at the fleet now, its just not worth it maybe I'll come back to the game later but I mean.....more people more fun, less lag lots of people pvping like 100v100 is where the fun is. Once my sub is done I'm taking a break from the game. I'll just see how guild wars 2 is a little after launch, if its good and popular I'll get the standard edition for it. Edited by Jonoku

You will be paying to go to the server of your choice don't be fooled people. "Free" transfers will be limited to a list bioware will limit these transfers to. The fact that every sub isn't being offered free one time server transfer per character over xxlvl, is simply them telling me to cancel my subscription. The game is pretty damn good, dont get me wrong, but bioware must have thier head's up thier #*@, with GW2 and Diablo3 coming out it's gonna be very easy for those of us on the fence about staying and "dealing with" the server population issues to just cancel. Use your brain tho, it's called "spin" if you aren't media savy. By simply putting the word "free" out there in the article, that key word can be latched onto and argued by morons to divert the attention away from the subject matter, despite not arguing about what is actualy being given free.

"is swtor the WoW killer"....."no, swtor is the swtor killer"

Edited by sidiouswumpscut