Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are 5k+ smashes on 4 targets at once balanced?

Cataphractone

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5k force sweep/ smash require you to spec into Focus (or equivalent). That's really all that tree offers and they can't just spam it every 12(?) seconds. It requires a setup to achieve. I spec'd it to try it out and found it to be quite the focused starved build. Ironic huh?

All the reasons everyone said, and also the radius is really small. If you hit 4 people with it, they're doing something wrong and asking for pain in the form of Strong AOEs and AOE taunts. Spreading out is pretty important in this game.

So you are pretty much saying just about the ONE redeeming ability they have that requires a long set up, easily telegraphed needs to be nerfed?

Long set up? lol

1. Charge -> 100% crit on smash
  2. 31 point talent -> 4 stacks 40% more damage
  3. Stim, relic, adrenal -> more damage
  4. Use smash ->big crit

That is maybe 4-5 seconds, and you can do it twice with obliterate and force choke.

I have a juggernaut dude, I've used that spec. It is not a "long set up".

All the reasons everyone said, and also the radius is really small. If you hit 4 people with it, they're doing something wrong and asking for pain in the form of Strong AOEs and AOE taunts. Spreading out is pretty important in this game.

I guess defending a door in voidstar as a melee class makes me bad. Who would have thought?

Edited by Cataphractone

So you are pretty much saying just about the ONE redeeming ability they have that requires a long set up, easily telegraphed needs to be nerfed?

The 4 seconds it takes? Damage is being dealt during the 4 seconds as well.

5k force sweep/ smash require you to spec into Focus (or equivalent). That's really all that tree offers and they can't just spam it every 12(?) seconds. It requires a setup to achieve. I spec'd it to try it out and found it to be quite the focused starved build. Ironic huh?

^^ No one uses the focus tree. It's a tree designed for melee players who want to specialize in maximizing their 2-4 force powers, at the expense of their melee abilities.

Long set up? lol

4. Use smash ->big crit

That is maybe 4-5 seconds, and you can do it twice with obliterate and force choke.

I guess defending a door in voidstar as a melee class makes me bad. Who would have thought?

I can hit 8 people for 6.5k+.

I am an Operative; and the ability is called Orbital Stike.

Oh BTW it requires 6 idiots to stand there and get hit when they know it's coming.

(Do you see the underlying premise of my post?)

Oh BTW it requires 6 idiots to stand there and get hit when they know it's coming.

nope.,.,.

Long set up? lol

4. Use smash ->big crit

Leap + Force Choke for the first one.

Push to reset Leap, while airborne to the target hit Enrage(talented to give an immediate 4 stack of Shockwave) for the second one.

Force Crush + Obliterate for a third one.

Most people are familiar with the Force Choke setup and will try to counter it. The other two are not that noticeable however.

LMAO!

I am just laughing at how the Juggs/Guardians are out in full force :D:wea_03:

Honestly, all this nerfing needs to stop. People need to just reroll into said class if it is so OP. It's what I do :)

My main is already op to some people. I play a powertech.

I like your style.

Long set up? lol

4. Use smash ->big crit

Yes, in that map AOE is pretty strong. In the 3 others, however, AOE is less potent and 4 or 5 of you are eating a huge smash, or a full duration DFA then your team is doing something wrong.

Also, you're correct, it's pretty easy to set up. The set doesn't do very much damage though. I'm not trying to say the build is underpowered, but I certainly don't think it's over powered by any means. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the build because it lacks teeth. You very rarely are actually in a situation where you can hit more than 2 people with a big smash and like 80% of the time when some situation like that does come along some tard comes in and does an AOE knockback while you're in mid animation for smash :mad:

Honestly the tanking spec for Juggs has a lot more to offer, imo.

Long set up? lol

4. Use smash ->big crit

Can't do that more than once every 12 seconds. The guardian is more likely to die in those 12 seconds than kill anything. Focus tree has no surv.

And also, sweep has a short range and with a bit of lag and your target constantly moving, you'll miss those sweeps unless you're standing on top of your target.

Edited by Smashbrother

Keep in mind that you have to spend AT LEAST 20 feat points to get the auto-crit/Shockwave/Singularity enhanced Smash/Force Sweep and even then you are only able to do it off of Force Choke/Force Stasis (which have a generous cooldown) If you want to double it up with Force Crush/Force Exhaustion you've now invested 31 points and still have to wait for Smash/Force Sweep to come off of cooldown (which was recently increased) Ultimately the Shockwave-Smash/Singularity-Force Sweep Auto-crit is the bread and butter of the Rage/Focus tree. Nerf it too much and you've now rendered the entire tree relatively useless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.