If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

I don't care about 1.3. I just want ranked WZs and 8 man queues already which were supposed to be out in 1.2 and then before 1.3 and now...who knows? My current sub runs out at the end of June (with the free time that BW gave us for the botched 1.2 experience) and I'm still on the fence about whether or not to resub. I know GW2 isn't a factor in that decision. That game is in a worse state in beta than TOR was in its (labeled)beta.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varteras;4332974]Welcome to the TOR forums (and the internet for that matter). Everyone knows what they're talking about. They could do things a hundred or a thousand or a million times better or they know someone who can. You're always wrong. Even if you prove them wrong they're still right. They're little corner of the universe and the people in it are the only ones who count. Miniscule evidence is blown out of proportion and irrefutable evidence is disregarded as it suits someone. Opinions are facts unless it's coming from someone else. Where people will say' date=' "please don't listen to those people" followed quickly by some form of saying "listen only to me". Any attempts to even mildly defend something is grounds for being a fanboy. Constructive criticism is labeled as hatred. Correcting a false claim will get you labeled either way depending on the situation. Where cry baby threads, troll threads, and total garbage threads get far more attention than anything constructive or conducive to civil discussion. Where people will engage in the most childishly disgusting behavior patterns by claiming that they're not being heard, rejoicing when they feel they have been, then within moments forgetting what just transpired and going right back to screaming that no attention is being given to them. I wish this place had a bar.[/quote']

Welcome to the TOR forums (and the internet for that matter). Everyone knows what they're talking about. They could do things a hundred or a thousand or a million times better or they know someone who can use paragraphs. You're always wrong. Even if you prove them wrong they're still right. They're little corner of the universe and the people in it are the only ones who can use paragraphs. Miniscule evidence is blown out of proportion and irrefutable evidence is disregarded as it suits someone. Opinions are facts unless it's coming from someone elses paragraphs.Where people will say, "please don't use paragraphs" followed quickly by some form of saying "use paragraphs". Any attempts to use paragraphs is grounds for being a fanboy. Colon criticism is labeled as hatred. Correcting a paragraph will get you labeled either way depending on the situation. Where short paragraphs , long paragraphs, and total garbage paragraphs get far more attention than anything constructive or conducive to civil discussion. Where people will engage in the most childishly disgusting paragraphs by claiming that they're not being heard, rejoicing when they feel they have used the return key, then within moments forgetting what just transpired and going right back to bsckspace that no attention is being given to them. I wish this place had more paragraphs.

That won't make me unsub, but if they don't find and fix the issue causing many of us to crash to desktop after 1.2.1 soon, like in the next week then I will unsub. No need to pay for a game I can't play. I don't understand why they don't do a rollback, more than once WoW did this in it's early days when they screwed the pooch on an update that made the game unplayable for so many. :confused:

This. (See my sig)

Welcome to the TOR forums (and the internet for that matter). Everyone knows what they're talking about. They could do things a hundred or a thousand or a million times better or they know someone who can use paragraphs. You're always wrong. Even if you prove them wrong they're still right. They're little corner of the universe and the people in it are the only ones who can use paragraphs. Miniscule evidence is blown out of proportion and irrefutable evidence is disregarded as it suits someone. Opinions are facts unless it's coming from someone elses paragraphs.Where people will say, "please don't use paragraphs" followed quickly by some form of saying "use paragraphs". Any attempts to use paragraphs is grounds for being a fanboy. Colon criticism is labeled as hatred. Correcting a paragraph will get you labeled either way depending on the situation. Where short paragraphs , long paragraphs, and total garbage paragraphs get far more attention than anything constructive or conducive to civil discussion. Where people will engage in the most childishly disgusting paragraphs by claiming that they're not being heard, rejoicing when they feel they have used the return key, then within moments forgetting what just transpired and going right back to bsckspace that no attention is being given to them. I wish this place had more paragraphs.

Just like I have to deal with people like my post describes you have to deal with paragraphs. It must have been hard for you. Going to school and having to read without a break every sentence or two. You poor thing.

Just like I have to deal with people like my post describes you have to deal with paragraphs. It must have been hard for you. Going to school and having to read without a break every sentence or two. You poor thing.

Actually if I'd have had to deal with paragraphs it wouldn't have been a problem reading the bleating wall of text that had nothing to do with the thread.

Will you unsubscribe if 1.3 isn't out by the end of May ? ( FYI, I still have a subscription)

Actually if I'd have had to deal with paragraphs it wouldn't have been a problem reading the bleating wall of text that had nothing to do with the thread.

Will you unsubscribe if 1.3 isn't out by the end of May ? ( FYI, I still have a subscription)

Lol if you think that is a wall of text you haven't been around forums for very long. What I posted is only a slightly above average-length parapgraph. Get over it.

I have contributed to this thread quite a bit so I felt it was fine to take one post and just go off the subject a bit. Can you deal with that?

Edited by Varteras

I find it very funny that people believe that the next mmorpg that comes out will not have the same problems and will be something ground braking and diffrent. Here is the deal a mmorpg is a game that develops over time, new content is added, old content is fixed (like all things it brakes down, has problems). Actually swtor was ground braking on one point which is the really dedicated story lines and in general involvement with your character and companions. I hope that the other companies take notes and focus on the story more than the end game (I really do not like the whole idea that the real gaming starts at 50 or 85 or whatever is the last level). Also about the cross realm lfg tool I have my doubts, people will start crying at how this destroyed the community and how no one gives a dawn for the people he is playing with, because it is likely that he/she will never get to play with them again. Seeing this happen on wow I rather take the server merges and the server wide lfg over easy to access flash points with people who keep whining at why are you going so slow.

The biggest issue is not the absence of content, but the absence of people with whom to do it with, I believe that this will be fixed after they merge the truly insane number of servers (seriously if we had 15 instead of 30 servers there would not be so many problems). I believe that the other mmorpgs even Diablo (which does not fall under this category) will have the same problems and the same people whining and the doom and gloom threads. Truth be told do not take this game so seriously guys, have fun if you do not like it leave instead of wasting your time in stead of you know? having fun

Lol if you think that is a wall of text you haven't been around forums for very long. What I posted is only a slightly above average-length parapgraph. Get over it.

I have contributed to this thread quite a bit so I felt it was fine to take one post and just go off the subject a bit. Can you deal with that?

Guess I'll have to deal with it or I'll be lending creedence to the twelfth sentence in your slightly above average length paragraph.

Edited by Sanxxx

I'm not unsubbing since I used a GTC + 30 free days which runs out around June, but if I don't get to actually experience the features I want, I probably won't be coming back unless they give me some sort of free time to see what's new. I guess it'll all depend on how irritated I get after server populations drop some more with D3's release, and all my guildies switch to it.

New content? They have three operations, ( some with THREE difficulty tiers) a butt load of HM flashpoints, FOUR pvp maps, a **** ton of daily missions and server wide events they've been adding.

1.3 will add a FOURTH operation. How the **** can you say this game is lacking in content?

My biggest gripe was a lack of people on my server. They all quit/migrated.

I didn't want to leave my legacy behind (I'm really OCD about having all my characters in one place), but I rerolled on Fatman earlier today. Had so much fun, I'm resubbing.

I would really love to move the rest of my characters there, but Fatman does not lack for players, so I'll probably have to pay.... But I'll do it. It's worth it to me.

So... I likely will not unsub.

I've got some other issues with the game, but they're relatively minor, and I am patient.

New content? They have three operations, ( some with THREE difficulty tiers) a butt load of HM flashpoints, FOUR pvp maps, a **** ton of daily missions and server wide events they've been adding.

1.3 will add a FOURTH operation. How the **** can you say this game is lacking in content?

For a game this. 'young' I think they have sufficient content however..

1. The available content seems to be to easy to consume by many , and

2. 'difficulty tiers' and 'daillies' are, IMO, not content just a lazy copy from WOW ( and other MMOs)

1.3 will bring a new operation? Source please.

My sub runs out today and Im not renewing. Was decent experience but planets were totally barren and lack of players to group up with for world group content was the final straw.

Indeed. Almost EVERY single server is DEAD. Completely. No matter how much new "content" or irrelevant legacy fluff they have, it's clear that gamers in mass numbers (over 400,000) believe that this game isn't worth spending $15 a month on.

Indeed. Almost EVERY single server is DEAD. Completely. No matter how much new "content" or irrelevant legacy fluff they have, it's clear that gamers in mass numbers (over 400,000) believe that this game isn't worth spending $15 a month on.

This game IS NOT worth paying $15 a month to play or (not play) on a dead server. Otherwise, IMHO it is. The content is fine, I just wish I could experience it , but you can't get 4 level 50's together on my server at the same time to even do a HM FP.

I love how people automatically assume that because they feel one way, everyone else in the world feels the same way they do.

I take much exception to the person who says "anyone playing MMO's doesn't care about voice acting" maybe you don't i personally think that the voice acting adds huge amounts of atmosphere and immersion to the game. I personally would like more voice acting! I'd love it that every race had their own voice actors, not just per class. That of course would probably have added another 20gigs in sound files so i understand why they left it where it was and it's fine to me.

I also want to re-iterate what was said above, about MMO's being a work in progress, I"d like to call them Organic, they're evolving and developing as time goes on. I wonder what the complaints would be if Bioware came out and said. "This game is complete. There will be no more content added, as part of the subscription fee, we will only be fixing problems if they arise. Any future expansion's and game updates will have to be bought seperately" would people honestly prefer that?

For an MMORPG, (remember the rpg part people) it's not just about getting to the endgame, it's as much if not more about building your characters personal story and immersing yourself into the world on your way to the top. (which consequently isn't end game [yet] notice how it says "interlude"). For those of you who think or want this game to be all about the endgame this may not be the game you are looking for.

One thing I will sympathize with is the comment about crew skills. I think that they may be right and the development team may have painted themselves into a corner on that one. I've got 4 toons right now and i'm pretty much self suffecient when it comes to crafting, and almost never need to go to the gtn for items. Not unrelated to this is the fact that I'm finding it much harder to sell anything on the gtn, presumably because many other users (on my server at least [the red eclipse] )are doing much the same as me. Or are doing that within the confines of a guild.

the games not perfect it never will and realistically nothing in life is or ever will be perfect, so demanding "perfection" is unrealistic. This game i believe will oontinue to improve, and i personally will be along for the ride until the train stops.

This game IS NOT worth paying $15 a month to play or (not play) on a dead server. Otherwise, IMHO it is. The content is fine, I just wish I could experience it , but you can't get 4 level 50's together on my server at the same time to even do a HM FP.

If you're unable to get four level 50's together on any server, then things are A LOT WORSE than anyone anticipated.

I know servers are dead, but my god that is terrible.

Why do you think BW/EA gave up a free month? You and I both know the sole purpose was to pad the numbers until Q2-Q3 numbers are released.

I would bet they lost 1/2 of their subs from initial sales numbers. I think there are more servers like mine:http://www.torstatus.net/mind-trick/trends/7d#!/kinrath-spider/trends/60d

Than they care to admit.

This game has brought nothing innovative to the genre, not a damn thing.

Why do you think BW/EA gave up a free month? You and I both know the sole purpose was to pad the numbers until Q2-Q3 numbers are released.

I would bet they lost 1/2 of their subs from initial sales numbers. I think there are more servers like mine:http://www.torstatus.net/mind-trick/trends/7d#!/kinrath-spider/trends/60d

Than they care to admit.

This game has brought nothing innovative to the genre, not a damn thing.

IThey have to put on a face for their investors. This game is in a financial crisis right now, and the silence coming from the top is truly deafening.

I have yet to see a single notable developer comment on any of the serious issues facing Swtor right now. It's all generic responses to irrelevant topics discussed in the weekly Q&A's. Which to be honest, could very easily be manufactured questions to begin with.