If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

I'm not worried about 1.3 in May. I worried about even less people on my server than there already is over the next month. Granted this weekend isn't a good example of player population with a GW2 beta weekend going, but still people I know are either quitting or rerolling daily due to this and not the content being added or not.

The GW beta is basically those who have preorderd it. You can rest assured many of those will be playing it when it releases also.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. Particularly with Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Now granted - James Ohlen himself has promised there will be monthly updates:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainty not holding my breath. Swtor currently feels very dull and static. For a Raiding Guild - we collectively were not impressed by EC. Though it's a step in the right direction from the abomination that was Tier 1.

Anyone else feeling the same regarding 1.3?

may lol, it is obviously not going to be out in may, its not even on the test server.

(OP's mind set)- i know i will make a thread making a ridiculous demand that i know will never happen. and ask other to leave if my demand is not met. this will be good for a laugh.

oh yeah and D3, that is almost as laughable as your demand

Nah. They didnt tell the truth at all. The test server was a ghost town, nothing pvp wise could have been tested in the first place.

Players are part of the problem. No one logging into PTS to actually test the stuff before they launch it is hardly BioWare's fault... Especially for how many times I've seen them practically begging people to test!

Hardly saw anyone whenever I logged into it. So when they say all features are being "tested", I call BS, since there was hardly anybody to test it in the first place.

You do realize, of course, that BioWare's extensive testing program is not limited to PTS, right? Right?!

This is likely the reason why it had to be pulled, it wasnt ready because it didnt get enough testing.

Actually, it was pulled because testing (not just by PTS, of course) showed some key elements not working as intended. That was already commented on.

Maybe if BW would allow the players to make instant level 50 toons, the endgame content, including pvp, could be given sufficient testing. You'd think they would let players do that, since it's supposed to be a "test" server...

Already on it. The devs have already stated they're going to make this possible.

Lies come in all shapes and sizes, and this is just another one from BW.

No, it's not. When they say from the very beginning that inclusion of the system depends on testing results, and that the testing results may cause it to be pulled, that's called "full disclosure", bud. You cannot label any deceit into that.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Except many of those "cries" are justified. Update 1.2 gave us features such as guild banks and a modifiable UI. Those are normal features that other mmo's have included at launch. So for BW to try and feed that to us with the rest of the 1.2 poop sandwich, and call it new content, is a slap in the face and insult to our intelligence.

And lets not forget how they told us right before it went live that there would be no ranked wz's, even though ranked wz's were one of the main features that was going to be part of 1.2. Tired of BW telling us one thing, then not staying true to their word.

none of that stuff was in WoW at launch.

may lol, it is obviously not going to be out in may, its not even on the test server.

(OP's mind set)- i know i will make a thread making a ridiculous demand that i know will never happen. and ask other to leave if my demand is not met. this will be good for a laugh.

oh yeah and D3, that is almost as laughable as your demand

No matter how you feel about D3, it will sell a lot of copies. It has a huge fan base. While not a MMO as such, it is still going to be a lot of fun to play and has a lot of replay value. Plus it will be free to play.

Now, if BW didnt lie, why have I not seen them give a reason why they were not done? Not tested? They were not ready because they were not given enough testing? Can you give us a reason BW......

No? ahh I get it, if they did, it would expose a LIE...

Just because you missed it doesn't mean they didn't...

No matter how you feel about D3, it will sell a lot of copies. It has a huge fan base. While not a MMO as such, it is still going to be a lot of fun to play and has a lot of replay value. Plus it will be free to play.

D3 will have about as much impact on TOR as Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim do. That means no impact at all. Especially given that D3 is releasing with zero PvP...

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Players are part of the problem. No one logging into PTS to actually test the stuff before they launch it is hardly BioWare's fault... Especially for how many times I've seen them practically begging people to test!

You do realize, of course, that BioWare's extensive testing program is not limited to PTS, right? Right?!

Actually, it was pulled because testing (not just by PTS, of course) showed some key elements not working as intended. That was already commented on.

Already on it. The devs have already stated they're going to make this possible.

No, it's not. When they say from the very beginning that inclusion of the system depends on testing results, and that the testing results may cause it to be pulled, that's called "full disclosure", bud. You cannot label any deceit into that.

Ahh, post dissecting. The hallmark of the truly self righteous.

Played GW2 today. Its really really bad. The voice acting is horrible the graphics sub par. It looks just like WoW. Also cash shop is extensive. So ya not worried about GW2. Its a huge disappointment even to me and I had no real high expectations.

i have played gw2 also,and didnt think it was bad...voice acting dont matter to most gamers,it just fluff,and the graphics are slightly better than wow,but at least everyone will be able to play it smoothly,unlike this mess of an engine.

same can be said about tetris.

but if some1 said there guild was going to leave because tetris is bring out a new game, i would laugh, just the same as i'm laughing at some1 saying their guild is leaving to play D3.

i'm not saying D3 won't be good or that ppl won't go and play it, but i dont' think every1 will leave swtor when it comes out

same can be said about tetris.

but if some1 said there guild was going to leave because tetris is bring out a new game, i would laugh, just the same as i'm laughing at some1 saying their guild is leaving to play D3.

i'm not saying D3 won't be good or that ppl won't go and play it, but i dont' think every1 will leave swtor when it comes out

I woudl go play tetris..i love that game!

"If 1.1 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

"If 1.2 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

"If 1.3 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

If you can spot the pattern, you get a cookie.

for them threads to be made that person must still be here. so 1.1 and 1.2 must have delivered its good guess 1.3 will be the same???

(do i get a cookie)

"If 1.1 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

"If 1.2 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

"If 1.3 doesn't deliver, I'm out of here."

If you can spot the pattern, you get a cookie.

you know what is ironic about this..

If said pattern was continuing, then each update would have to NOT deliver, otherwise nobody would continue to repeat something like that..

think about it..

Na..I might threaten to quit on the forums daily though..just so i can have the satisfaction of seeing people beg me to stay....dunno yet tho..I dont know if my ego has reached that point yet...:p

Or we've already unsubbed and still enjoy watching the fanbois defend BW till the bitter end (or when my previous sub runs up) :D

Or we've already unsubbed and still enjoy watching the fanbois defend BW till the bitter end (or when my previous sub runs up) :D

That is one thing I have never really understood.. why you would want to be on the forums if you hate the game so much if not to troll... meh.. to each his own i guess

you know what is ironic about this..

If said pattern was continuing, then each update would have to NOT deliver, otherwise nobody would continue to repeat something like that..

think about it..

no that is wrong. what this says is. this person was worried just before each patch. but after the patch came out they were so happy, they stayed long enough to worry about the next patch.

some ppl just worry.

That is one thing I have never really understood.. why you would want to be on the forums if you hate the game so much if not to troll... meh.. to each his own i guess

from previous expierance.i dont really think you can post on a mmo forum if you dont have a actual sub to that game

so they can have fun thinking there cool trashing the game,but they arent really going to be doing it for very much longer.eather way,im sure when they relize that.like sw tor,hype doesnt make a good mmo(not that im saying sw tor is bad)then im sure they'll be back

eather way though,im probably going to be at least playing both and pvping in gw2.considering i find the pvp in sw tor to be a joke.but i dont really do any pve content outside of dailys so i guess thats really the only other thing to do

Edited by CrunkShizzle