Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

automated defenses

Hardened

Just wondering exphryl. The energy rebounder talent seems more useful to me than automated defenses because energy shield seems a lot more useful than kolto overload and TSO. The talents also applies it effect on any dmg as opposed to just crits. I would like to hear the reasoning behind that small choice. Edited by Hardened

Simplicity defined:

Energy Rebounder - PVP Talent

Automated Defenses - PVE Talent

^

If you were referring to my Sig, apparently I am bad at making sure this forum took in my changes when I modified it last time this was pointed out >_<

Updated accordingly.

Simplicity defined:

Energy Rebounder - PVP Talent

Automated Defenses - PVE Talent

Not necessarily true. I say it is more about your gear set/talents/stats. If you are running high crit spec + crit set bonus, it makes sense to make use of Automated defenses in PvP. If you are like me, running with a Super Energy Shield set, then opt for Energy Rebounder.

Not necessarily true. I say it is more about your gear set/talents/stats. If you are running high crit spec + crit set bonus, it makes sense to make use of Automated defenses in PvP. If you are like me, running with a Super Energy Shield set, then opt for Energy Rebounder.

When it comes to Automated Defenses, I don't know where the points would come from. Clearly you need all those crit talents from tactics to make it work, but at that point you are barren. Additional Kolto Overloads don't see worth the elemental damage loss; generally that underwhelmed with the talent. The extra TSO also just doesn't do it for me over ele dmg from Shield; any heat problems that come up are bad play (at least on my part), not because of fundamental need. I run full crit build, 4/6/31 with eliminator's set.

Elemental damage is brutal and sometimes completely unresisted. And makes up so much of our damage.

Edited by ShiroRX

When it comes to Automated Defenses, I don't know where the points would come from. Clearly you need all those crit talents from tactics to make it work, but at that point you are barren. Additional Kolto Overloads don't see worth the elemental damage loss; generally that underwhelmed with the talent. The extra TSO also just doesn't do it for me over ele dmg from Shield; any heat problems that come up are bad play (at least on my part), not because of fundamental need. I run full crit build, 4/6/31 with eliminator's set.

Flemental damage is brutal and sometimes completely unresisted. And makes up so much of our damage.

I agree for the most part. That's why I opted for the Energy Rebounder Option. I went with 2pc Medic, 2pc PvE SC, and I am litterally addicted to this shield now. My issue now is not being able to keep that setup when I upgrade to WH from BM. I guess I will have to take 2pc medic and 2pc combat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.