Sentinel opening strat

bakedpotter

Alright so I hear alot of different things about the way to open on a player in pvp. I usually use force jump as my opener for most classes i fight except trooper. I do this for the extra focus that I get from the opener so that I can pull a OS, cauterize, and a MS without having to use strike in my opener. Most classes dont do a big knockback that make it worth running up to them and sniper/ Sorcs normally have a root attached to their aoe knockback making it more or less useless to save my forcejump. Troopers consitently use their big knockback so saving force jump for them makes sense.

What do you guys think about this. I am only 42 and just got MS so I havent had a lot of experimenting with this strat to see if it is best. Am I a nub for using FJ as my opener? should i always be saving it for a possible gap closer while using strike to make up for the focus i lose in the initial opener to get off my best skills? Any feedback appreciated.

Either or:

Run up, ZS,OS,strike,caut,strike, MercSlash, master strike etc.

or

Leap, OS,ZS, caut, merc slash, etc.

If you think your gonna get knocked back run up, if not leap. If you are trying to reach someone far away or on a platform, leap. Its very situational.

Either or:

Run up, ZS,OS,strike,caut,strike, MercSlash, master strike etc.

or

Leap, OS,ZS, caut, merc slash, etc.

If you think your gonna get knocked back run up, if not leap. If you are trying to reach someone far away or on a platform, leap. Its very situational.

This... If you know they have a knockback don't leap in unless you absolutely have to because they will just send you right back to where you were before.

Force Leap is a good way to close a gap but if you can run in, do it.

Force Leap has many utility... interrupts, close a gap, hurts people, escape.... So you don't want to have it on cooldown too often during a fight, you want to keep it available for a few key moments.

Doesn't mean you have to neglect it. Just think of your options... if you don't have Force Camo up and running to be used, keep force leap ready.

E.G: You Force leap and instantly get knocked back (98% of the players do that) - You force Camo and run back to his face. You'll screw a Sniper with that ;)