To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

"Well if you are a Shadow/Sin you have force speed/snare. If you are scoundrel DPS well then, you should be asking about buffs, instead of trying to tear another class down.

1v1 you are going to have unfavorable matchups. The sooner you learn this, the better off you will be. This is not a 1v1 game. 1v1 situations like this are pointless to even discuss."

Ok, the shadow/sin has a snare, so does mara........and as for the other, it isnt a 3d gap closer....and as you maras/sents always love to point out, your leap is on a massive 15 sec, 12 if specced cooldown.......guess what, the force speed is on a 30 sec, 20 if specced cooldown.

And 1v1 is important, if you can rip a class a new one in 1v1, you're putting more pressure on their group if you attack him than he is putting on your group if you meet in a fight.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You mean the 1 gap closer we have because it's a smarter play to actually RUN at the person first and let them beat on us from ranged till we get there and then when they knock us back we leap in, yeah those two gap closers are op'ed together."

Ok so, you can either use your camo as your starting gap closer, then leap in once you get knocked back......or leap in and get knocked back, and use camo then......

A stealther, has a starting gap closer yes, but once they pop out and get knocked back, what then? we slog it back on foot while being beaten on, give up and seek someone else or pop an unreliable combat stealth that is on a much longer cooldown than yours.

Lol yeah if you're a bad marauder. Use camo to get out of bad situations like to stop being focus fired. which happens quite often because i'm usually sitting on the teams healer beating on them.

You know you playing an op you shouldn't be calling for a nerf to someone because they have something and you don't, you should probably be asking for a sprint ability so when you do get knocked back at least you can sprint at someone.

"Well if you are a Shadow/Sin you have force speed/snare. If you are scoundrel DPS well then, you should be asking about buffs, instead of trying to tear another class down.

1v1 you are going to have unfavorable matchups. The sooner you learn this, the better off you will be. This is not a 1v1 game. 1v1 situations like this are pointless to even discuss."

Ok, the shadow/sin has a snare, so does mara........and as for the other, it isnt a 3d gap closer....and as you maras/sents always love to point out, your leap is on a massive 15 sec, 12 if specced cooldown.......guess what, the force speed is on a 30 sec, 20 if specced cooldown.

And 1v1 is important, if you can rip a class a new one in 1v1, you're putting more pressure on their group if you attack him than he is putting on your group if you meet in a fight.

The Shadow/Sin snare also can be used at 10 meters, ours is melee range. I'm sorry Shadow/Sins don't have a 3d gap closer. They have 45% armor mitigation, shield generators, high defense chance and a great self heal. They can also stealth, and have more 10 meter abilities. Do you want them to have a shotgun too? (They can also spec to force pull).

1v1 is not important. The only viable way to take out someone 1v1 fast enough to cap, is to use CC, which nobody ever wants to use, unless it's to kill someone.

You don't sound too great yourself, if you get knocked back and don't use camo to get back in range and avoid a beating because you save it for when you might get focused, I'd love to fight you on a ranged class tbh lol.

When you get focus fired, even if your camo is on cd, you still have more tools than most to survive. And most of yours are on shorter cd's than others anyway.

it's an aggro dump, QQ that we use it as one. It's lke Feign Death for hunters in WoW, i remember when i could pop FD in pvp and just lay there and not be targeted in pvp period for up to a minute, so just lay there and get full heals in pvp then get up and start pew pew'ing again. Would you like that?

This guy can be found posting nonsense on every single Marauder post. It's really kind of funny that h'es so scared of an equal playing field.

*IF* Hunters could do that, it was fixed.

GBTF should reduce outgoing damage by 99% as well and then it would be fine.

But hey, I'm sure you'll have some weird illogical straw man argument for that as well.

Edited by crrypto

You don't sound too great yourself, if you get knocked back and don't use camo to get back in range and avoid a beating because you save it for when you might get focused, I'd love to fight you on a ranged class tbh lol.

When you get focus fired, even if your camo is on cd, you still have more tools than most to survive. And most of yours are on shorter cd's than others anyway.

well you see you run up to the ranged and they knock you back right away, then you proceed to leap to them thus closing the gap again. How it always happens.

I'll wreck you face.

If the range is snared, it'd be a waste of force camo. Marauder isn't this facewalk you make it out to be, you can't just blow skills randomly on one person. Every situation is different.

At 20k health 10% would be 2k so I would still do 1k of damage to myself or a mid sized hit from a healer or tank. 5 whole seconds later you can do FULL damage again. The window to use that ability is quite small is only a second or two in most cases with the damage since 1.2. At 20% I would do 2k worth of damage to myself for 5 whole seconds. I CAN STILL BE STUNNED OR CC'ED IF YOU WERE SMART AND DID NOT FILL UP MY RESOLVE BAR BEFORE HAND.

Rogues had more tools then this and a mara is a cross between that and a fury warrior. Cheat death was an automatic ability, I did not have to press anything, and it did not cost me any life. Did a pally bubble cost life? How long did that last again?

For one, no one cares about some other game you have played. There is no *********** paladin or rogue.

We have a resolve bar in this game. Nuf said

Two I already posted my response to this stupidity. Again I'm not all that upset with their defensive cooldown. That kid is just an ***. I'll repost just for continuity.

Yea everyone is just gonna drop everything and focus the maura?

Unless your way out of position that will never happen. Or your healer will save u. Because apparently we decided to kill you? lol

Doesn't even make sense.......

I don't know how u guys pvp but we don't generally chase the maura around, or bother stun locking him unless again. He is way out of position.

My point was the kid is an ***. Not that you don't need a defensive cd as a melee.

This guy can be found posting nonsense on every single Marauder post. It's really kind of funny that h'es so scared of an equal playing field.

But hey, I'm sure you'll have some weird illogical straw man argument for that as well.

According to your logic, any ability that gives you damage reduction, should give the user an equal amount of damage output reduction, correct?

"The Shadow/Sin snare also can be used at 10 meters, ours is melee range. I'm sorry Shadow/Sins don't have a 3d gap closer. They have 45% armor mitigation, shield generators, high defense chance and a great self heal. They can also stealth, and have more 10 meter abilities. Do you want them to have a shotgun too? (They can also spec to force pull). "

yer because most Maras/Sents are lacking the great self heal right? /sarcasm off

Shield generators/Defence are ok, but not as useful as they should be, unless you're talking about 1v1's against certain classes but i thought this wasnt at all about 1v1's according to you.

Marauders can get to higher armor mitigation AND Internal/Elemental resistance than Shadow tanks can for 30 secs of every minute aswell.

We've already covered stealth, you have a version of that too.

I'll grant you we have the force pull.

Nonsense? No i just spew facts and logic about a class I actually play and you don't. I've seen so much false information from people on the forums about marauders and i'm the one spewing nonsense.

What point would GBTF give if it reduced all outgoing damage by 99% as well? Don't we already have a cool down that does that same thing so it'd be a little redundant?? (force camo BTW)

According to your logic, any ability that gives you damage reduction, should give the user an equal amount of damage output reduction, correct?

Negatory good buddy, just OP ones that practically give damage immunity. I know you guys like to claim that it's not immunity, and you are correct, however you clearly failed out of math class if you can't see that it's practically the same thing.

"well you see you run up to the ranged and they knock you back right away, then you proceed to leap to them thus closing the gap again. How it always happens.

I'll wreck you face."

Well you wouldn't, because i'm not a spastic that would just let you run up to me in the first place, you must have just been facing some really bad range players if you can just walk up to them at the start. They deserve to be killed, doesnt make you good when you do it.

Nonsense? No i just spew facts and logic about a class I actually play and you don't. I've seen so much false information from people on the forums about marauders and i'm the one spewing nonsense.

What point would GBTF give if it reduced all outgoing damage by 99% as well? Don't we already have a cool down that does that same thing so it'd be a little redundant?? (force camo BTW)

mmhmmm keep on telling yourself that. There's a reason that the vast majority of players on these boards are in agreement about this matter, however, you and a few others seem to cling on to nonsense and use straw men and red herrings (see post above where guy tries to bait me in to a trap). The fact of the matter is that 5 seconds of damage immunity with the level of burst that marauders have is too much. Sorry, but you're are in the minority if you feel otherwise and it *will* be changed. You can quote me on that. it might take a while to patch it, but they will.

"The Shadow/Sin snare also can be used at 10 meters, ours is melee range. I'm sorry Shadow/Sins don't have a 3d gap closer. They have 45% armor mitigation, shield generators, high defense chance and a great self heal. They can also stealth, and have more 10 meter abilities. Do you want them to have a shotgun too? (They can also spec to force pull). "

yer because most Maras/Sents are lacking the great self heal right? /sarcasm off

Shield generators/Defence are ok, but not as useful as they should be, unless you're talking about 1v1's against certain classes but i thought this wasnt at all about 1v1's according to you.

Marauders can get to higher armor mitigation AND Internal/Elemental resistance than Shadow tanks can for 30 secs of every minute aswell.

They are extremely useful because as a Sentinel most of my damage is white damage. If I was combat/focus then the vast majority of it can be mitigated. So yes, if Sentinels are so terrifying you should agree that something that shields against their damage would be useful.

No, we can get it for a maximum of 30 seconds. Minimum it's six seconds. If you just want to throw things out there, that I logically counter, and then move onto the next one then that's fine, however it is ridiculous. We don't get higher armor mitigation.

"Marauders can get to higher armor mitigation AND Internal/Elemental resistance than Shadow tanks can for 30 secs of every minute aswell."

No we can't, because Shadows can become immune to any force/tech attack for some amount of time. All internal/elemental damage is force/tech based. Which reminds me, Force Shroud. I don't think any DPS AC should get such an ability.

Would you give up Force Shroud, if we gave up Undying Rage?

Please learn to use the quote button.

in full bm gear i have 24% damage reduction. we're going to go armor > cloak of pain > total damage

1000 - 24% = 760 - 20% = 608 damage. So that is 39.2% damage mitigation for UP TO and I REPEAT UP TO 30 seconds.

My BM geared assassin is sitting at 41% damage mitigation from armor all the time. 100% of the time, always.

mara stealth is in no way as useful as assassin stealth.

Negatory good buddy, just OP ones that practically give damage immunity. I know you guys like to claim that it's not immunity, and you are correct, however you clearly failed out of math class if you can't see that it's practically the same thing.

Math doesn't deal in practicality. Math deals in absolute, and math says they aren't the same thing.

It's near damage immunity, that is predictable in it's use, and has an obvious hard counter. Im sorry if you have to adapt to a Sentinel thats killing you, I have to do the same against other ACs as well except I didn't whine about it.

Edited by Derian

"well you see you run up to the ranged and they knock you back right away, then you proceed to leap to them thus closing the gap again. How it always happens.

I'll wreck you face."

Well you wouldn't, because i'm not a spastic that would just let you run up to me in the first place, you must have just been facing some really bad range players if you can just walk up to them at the start. They deserve to be killed, doesnt make you good when you do it.

Bring it yo.

I'll wreck you face."

Or maybe, just maybe, you don't know how to play a Sentinel.

mmhmmm keep on telling yourself that. There's a reason that the vast majority of players on these boards are in agreement about this matter, however, you and a few others seem to cling on to nonsense and use straw men and red herrings (see post above where guy tries to bait me in to a trap). The fact of the matter is that 5 seconds of damage immunity with the level of burst that marauders have is too much. Sorry, but you're are in the minority if you feel otherwise and it *will* be changed. You can quote me on that. it might take a while to patch it, but they will.

The vast majority of players thought Vanguards and Sentinels were underpowered at one time. I guess they were right, huh? LOL.

Ranged was overpowered huh? That's what the boards said. They also said Sorcs were OP.

Sentinels like Xerain and I were actually trying to tell people melee DPS wasn't underpowered, but the "majority" of the forum would just dump on us like we were insane. FUnny how these things work out.

Edited by Derian

There's more fuss being made about Mara/Sents then there was about Sorc/Sages. And as a result of the QQ bridage, we got boned - the difference being I'll admit Sorc/Sage did need some tweaking.

For you to fail to recognise that your current state is a little r*tarded is beyond me...

You must remember the vast majority of players don't use the forums. So that argument is quite invalid.

What insane levels of burst are marauders putting out?

You must remember the vast majority of players don't use the forums. So that argument is quite invalid.

What insane levels of burst are marauders putting out?

You need to work on your reading comprehension:

#original quote

"...vast majority of players on these boards..."

Apparently you failed out of more than math class. Your reading comprehension skills are also lacking.

They are extremely useful because as a Sentinel most of my damage is white damage. If I was combat/focus then the vast majority of it can be mitigated. So yes, if Sentinels are so terrifying you should agree that something that shields against their damage would be useful.

No, we can get it for a maximum of 30 seconds. Minimum it's six seconds. If you just want to throw things out there, that I logically counter, and then move onto the next one then that's fine, however it is ridiculous. We don't get higher armor mitigation.

"Marauders can get to higher armor mitigation AND Internal/Elemental resistance than Shadow tanks can for 30 secs of every minute aswell."

No we can't, because Shadows can become immune to any force/tech attack for some amount of time. All internal/elemental damage is force/tech based. Which reminds me, Force Shroud. I don't think any DPS AC should get such an ability.

Would you give up Force Shroud, if we gave up Undying Rage?

OK then, you say shadows can become immune to force/tech for 5 seconds, so can you, UNDYING RAGE.

Does the flat damage reduction of "cloak of pain" not just add to your kinetic/energy resistance to make your 24% +20% =44% damage reduction on kinetic/energy? Higher than any shadow/*** outside of maybe pve gear......if it doesnt and it works as the other fella said and works out to get about 39%......oh my god, plucking straws again, you have 2% less armour mitigation than a TANKING class for whenever you get focused/dotted up, whilst having higher base internal/elemental resistance.

And whilst we're chucking around comparisons, even your sabre ward is better, as it gives you the same 50% parry chance as the shadow/sin but yours comes with a 25% damage reduction on tech/force attacks which shadows do not get........

Rationalise it however you want, its clear fact that mara cooldowns are far superior to other classes.......Not even going into buffs/debuffs you can put on people.