To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

Your telling others that they should know before they talk, but when you yourself talk about the TTK issue

you blame it on the lack of healers :rolleyes: The reason combat after 1.2 is a complete joke has nothing to do with

lack of healers.It has to do with expertise and developers that dont have a clue what they are doing.

And yeah UR should be removed from the AC, if anything be given to the crap tanks in this game.

Funny, seems like you have no clue.

Please. do the math and you will see that "NOW!!!!!" expertise works as intended.

If you fight a player with equal expertise:

PvP dmg boost will cancel out PvP dmg reduction.

Pre 1.2 it wasnt the case, dmg reduction was way higher than the dmg done, which shoudlnt be in the first place.

Now when you fight a equally geared player and hit him with a 2k ability you will do 2k dmg. Prepatch it would have been arround 1.95k or something.

Just do the math, before blaming anyone.

Edited by texoc

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you have a far more effective combat stealth than the stealth classes do. Forgive me if i'm wrong but doesnt yours increase your speed, reduce damage taken, shorter cooldown, and you dont get knocked out of yours when you take damage? That i'm all fine with, well not entirely but its not stupid enough to warrant a massive rant, I'm talking about Undying rage/Guarded by the force.

And it lasts 4 seconds. lol.

Funny, seems like you have no clue.

Please. do the math and you will see that "NOW!!!!!" expertise works as intended.

If you fight a player with equal expertise:

PvP dmg boost will cancel out PvP dmg reduction.

Pre 1.2 it wasnt the case, dmg reduction was way higher than the dmg done, which shoudlnt be in the first place.

Now when you fight a equally geared player and hit him with a 2k ability you will do 2k dmg. Prepatch it would have been arround 1.95k or something.

Just do the math, before blaming anyone.

My guess is there is a 1-5% of players who think expertise is working as intended.And you are in that group.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I wonder how many people QQ'ing about a five second ability that consumes 50% of my health played pallies in wow?

Since it takes 50% of my health I do not use it until I am low on health. Smart players/groups have figured this out use stuns/cc on me around 25-30% health and then burst me down before I have a chance to use it. Unlike a pally bubble I cannot use it to break CC/stuns. The whole resolve bar thing takes some getting used to.

I will take heavy armor, some taunts, a tank stance/form, and let me swap a shield generator for my offhand while in combat in trade for that ability. Can I get a grapple too while we are at it?

Edited by Butterstoo

" I can live without GBTF but what will be the excuse when good marauders/sentinels continue to dominate? "

Sure they would, as they are meant to.

"that lasts 4 seconds"

With the speed increase, how much more do you need, i didnt know any knockbacks could knock you back 2 miles.

If you get knocked off a ledge, well use your other gap closer....you know the one, the really good one that you can do with a smile on your face while you instantly jump to the target thinking about all the stealth classes that have to slog it back up on foot, wasting their combat stealth if they want to do so unmolested.

50% of your health when you have 10% is nothing. Popping ur cd at full health or just being an ***?

Its actually better we use it at low health because that means its PREDICTABLE. Hence why the good players on Belgoths Beacon stunlock me at 20% and burn me down before I ever get to use it.

" I can live without GBTF but what will be the excuse when good marauders/sentinels continue to dominate? "

"that lasts 4 seconds"

With the speed increase, how much more do you need, i didnt know any knockbacks could knock you back 2 miles.

If you get knocked off a ledge, well use your other gap closer....you know the one, the really good one that you can do with a smile on your face while you instantly jump to the target thinking about all the stealth classes that have to slog it back up on foot, wasting their combat stealth if they want to do so unmolested.

Stealth is a mechanic that can change the tide of warzones. People put way too much emphasis on abilities that only have a use in combat. You have a mechanic that lets you stealth indefinitely in the use of capping objectives, and surprise attacks. Force Leap is a great skill, but it only has one use and it has a 12s cooldown with spec.

Stealth has an amazing amount of uses, depending on the creativity of the practitioner.

And you have a far more effective combat stealth than the stealth classes do. Forgive me if i'm wrong but doesnt yours increase your speed, reduce damage taken, shorter cooldown, and you dont get knocked out of yours when you take damage? That i'm all fine with, well not entirely but its not stupid enough to warrant a massive rant, I'm talking about Undying rage/Guarded by the force.

My stealth is for 4 seconds, you can stealth and hide forever and no one on the opposite team even needs to see you the whole war zone unless you let them. Mine provides and escape where as yours can be used for massive amounts of things and self utility wise stealth is probably the best thing in any MMO, EVER.

TBH sins and ops should probably get 4 seconds of nothing be able to be pop themout of stealth when they pop their CD too because there's always that stupid travel time on attacks and it will kick you out, unless it's stealth scan of course.

Yea everyone is just gonna drop everything and focus the maura?

Unless your way out of position that will never happen. Or your healer will save u. Because apparently we decided to kill you? lol

Doesn't even make sense.......

I don't know how u guys pvp but we don't generally chase the maura around, or bother stun locking him unless again. He is way out of position.

My point was the kid is an ***. Not that you don't need a defensive cd as a melee.

"that lasts 4 seconds"

You mean the 1 gap closer we have because it's a smarter play to actually RUN at the person first and let them beat on us from ranged till we get there and then when they knock us back we leap in, yeah those two gap closers are op'ed together.

"Stealth has an amazing amount of uses, depending on the creativity of the practitioner."

Indeed it is, but they are STEALTH classes.......Maras/Sents are not.....yet they still have one chucked into their toolset

It's not true stealth. It's just a get away mechanism. Would it make you feel better if it were some kind of dimension door that allowed us to teleport?

"My stealth is for 4 seconds, you can stealth and hide forever and no one on the opposite team even needs to see you the whole war zone unless you let them"

yes i can sit in stealth the entire wz and be of how much use to anyone??

Defending a point - I can sit in stealth and watch a point, yes, but eventually im going to have to come out of stealth to defend that point arn't I? Or do you suggest the use of stealth is to stay in it out of harms way and watch as people cap points beside you?

Edited by Wekeltes

"Stealth has an amazing amount of uses, depending on the creativity of the practitioner."

Indeed it is, but they are STEALTH classes.......Maras/Sents are not.....yet they still have one chucked into their toolset

it's an aggro dump, QQ that we use it as one. It's lke Feign Death for hunters in WoW, i remember when i could pop FD in pvp and just lay there and not be targeted in pvp period for up to a minute, so just lay there and get full heals in pvp then get up and start pew pew'ing again. Would you like that?

"My stealth is for 4 seconds, you can stealth and hide forever and no one on the opposite team even needs to see you the whole war zone unless you let them"

What a pathetic argument for your cause.......yes i can sit in stealth the entire wz and be of how much use to anyone??

Defending a point - I can sit in stealth and watch a point, yes, but eventually im going to have to come out of stealth to defend that point arn't I? Or do you suggest the use of stealth is to stay in it out of harms way and watch as people cap points beside you?

No, you can just sap them and wait for reinforcements, which is why stealth is an awesome thing to have.

What a pathetic argument for your cause.......yes i can sit in stealth the entire wz and be of how much use to anyone??

I love sitting in stealth and defending a point, you know how many enemies see no one there and they're like "oh look there's no one there! lets go take it" so you stand there and watch as they run up to the cap and then you pop out and destroy them. That situation is SUCH a terrible thing.

"You mean the 1 gap closer we have because it's a smarter play to actually RUN at the person first and let them beat on us from ranged till we get there and then when they knock us back we leap in, yeah those two gap closers are op'ed together."

Ok so, you can either use your camo as your starting gap closer, then leap in once you get knocked back......or leap in and get knocked back, and use camo then......

A stealther, has a starting gap closer yes, but once they pop out and get knocked back, what then? we slog it back on foot while being beaten on, give up and seek someone else or pop an unreliable combat stealth that is on a much longer cooldown than yours.

"No, you can just sap them and wait for reinforcements, which is why stealth is an awesome thing to have."

Well you cant, the ops fills the resolve i think still? so you can sap them once then will have to break stealth, and hope they dont have cc break up....... or as a shadow, you can do it, and fill their resolve bar with 2 and make the fight that is inevitably coming that much harder as you wont be able to use your cb stuns/Kd's

"You mean the 1 gap closer we have because it's a smarter play to actually RUN at the person first and let them beat on us from ranged till we get there and then when they knock us back we leap in, yeah those two gap closers are op'ed together."

Ok so, you can either use your camo as your starting gap closer, then leap in once you get knocked back......or leap in and get knocked back, and use camo then......

A stealther, has a starting gap closer yes, but once they pop out and get knocked back, what then? we slog it back on foot while being beaten on, give up and seek someone else or pop an unreliable combat stealth that is on a much longer cooldown than yours.

Well if you are a Shadow/Sin you have force speed/snare. If you are scoundrel DPS well then, you should be asking about buffs, instead of trying to tear another class down.

1v1 you are going to have unfavorable matchups. The sooner you learn this, the better off you will be. This is not a 1v1 game. 1v1 situations like this are pointless to even discuss.

once upon a time when tanks not wearing DPS gear existed, they would tear me up, because almost all of our damage can be mitigated (Annihilation suffers less from this). Though like I said, nobody wants to play these guys, because they wanna hurr hurr do dmg all the time.

Edited by Derian

This one is aimed at all the short-sighted Marauders/Sents that are fearful of a nerf, as that would mean they'd need to re-roll again (maybe to a PT as they seem to be doing quite well)

I've always said marauder/sent damage is fine, i want no changes to that, they are meant to dish out some hurt.....

What they do need is to lose the Undying rage/Guarded by the force as it is far, far too OP.

This is where all the biased Sents/Maras seem to completely miss the point, and they may say that "oh but thats been in the game since the start"......To this i say, yes it has, and it never should have been in the first place, it has no business being on any class, let alone a DPS one, but aside from that, the recent changes to expertise drastically lowering the TTK make this ability even more out of control.

5 seconds of complete damage immunity is stupid, especially given the amount of damage being thrown out now. You say the ability hasnt been changed, and maybe it hasnt theoretically, but its effectiveness has certainly increased with recent changes.

thes what i'm saying the damn UNDYING RAGE/GUARDED BY THE FORCE IS WAY TO DAMN GOOD

I'm a Bounty hunter And i wish to god my shield ability was 50% the good i mean WE DO NEED IT BH shield ability need to be a 50% damage reduction not a 25% put yea

back on point SENT/MAR ability to take 0 damage for 5 secons or is it 10 secon is BS all it take is 5/7 SECONS for a mar/sent to take you out if he is good you are dead in 10 if you good 15 secon theres no way to win again a mar/sent right now onlest you a assa or shadow

50% of your health when you have 10% is nothing. Popping ur cd at full health or just being an ***?

Either way QFT

At 20k health 10% would be 2k so I would still do 1k of damage to myself or a mid sized hit from a healer or tank. 5 whole seconds later you can do FULL damage again. The window to use that ability is quite small is only a second or two in most cases with the damage since 1.2. At 20% I would do 2k worth of damage to myself for 5 whole seconds. I CAN STILL BE STUNNED OR CC'ED IF YOU WERE SMART AND DID NOT FILL UP MY RESOLVE BAR BEFORE HAND.

Rogues had more tools then this and a mara is a cross between that and a fury warrior. Cheat death was an automatic ability, I did not have to press anything, and it did not cost me any life. Did a pally bubble cost life? How long did that last again?

thes what i'm saying the damn UNDYING RAGE/GUARDED BY THE FORCE IS WAY TO DAMN GOOD

I'm a Bounty hunter And i wish to god my shield ability was 50% the good i mean WE DO NEED IT BH shield ability need to be a 50% damage reduction not a 25% put yea

back on point SENT/MAR ability to take 0 damage for 5 secons or is it 10 secon is BS all it take is 5/7 SECONS for a mar/sent to take you out if he is good you are dead in 10 if you good 15 secon theres no way to win again a mar/sent right now onlest you a assa or shadow

Please explain what skills a Marauder uses to kill someone in 5-7 seconds.