The patch notes better not be..

xQuicksilverx

"corrected a meaningless issue that could have easily waited for regular weekly maintenance".

for those that aren't sure what i mean, our last 'unschedualed maintenance' was for

"General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system."

If your memory is short, the downtime for this "EMERGENCY" came friday night, and lasted all day.. eventually bioware came back and gave everyone 24 hours of gametime in compensation.

Im waiting for these patch notes to show up,.. and while there is speculation that this is ranked warzones or something else, im anticipating that the only thing we will get out of this will be something mundane that could easily have waited for the Tuesday maintenence.

I guess i can only hope to be wrong

Edited by xQuicksilverx

"corrected a meaningless issue that could have easily waited for regular weekly maintenance".

for those that aren't sure what i mean, our last 'unschedualed maintenance' was for

"General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system."

If your memory is short, the downtime for this "EMERGENCY" came friday night, and lasted all day.. eventually bioware came back and gave everyone 24 hours of gametime in compensation.

Im waiting for these patch notes to show up, but if they finally come up.. and while there is speculation that this is ranked warzones or something else, im anticipating that the only thing we will get out of this will be something mundane that could easily have waited for the Tuesday maintenence.

I guess i can only hope to be wrong

we can always hope but i bet its just them cleaning up the rest of the rakghoul plague :p

we can always hope but i bet its just them cleaning up the rest of the rakghoul plague :p

If these people REALLY think that cleaning up the rest of the plague is worth 4 hour downtime ON A FRIDAY, they got NO CLUE about what is important to players. Sure, the mandatory plague event is very, very annoying but cutting into friday-morning playtime is a guaranteed way to upset people like me.

I heard they were nerfing Merc's. Apparently they have it too easy when it comes to heat management.

The same for this. This is no reason to bring servers down for hours.

The more I see these people mess up with this game, the more I think that Lucas Arts should not have given the Star Wars MMO merchandise to a company that has zero experience with MMOs. Their complete lack of knowledge about how to treat online customers is taking it's toll, even with loooooooooong-time Star Wars fan like me.

Edited by Yogol

had 2 CTDs since release.

Sounds like the problem is with your setup.

Wrong.

A lot of customers have only seen CTD's since 1.2.

Our setup's were fine before that.

Next assumption?

Edited by Ignicity

If these people REALLY think that cleaning up the rest of the plague is worth 4 hour downtime ON A FRIDAY, they got NO CLUE about what is important to players. Sure, the mandatory plague event is very, very annoying but cutting into friday-morning playtime is a guaranteed way to upset people like me.

The more I see these people mess up with this game, the more I think that Lucas Arts should not have given the Star Wars MMO merchandise to a company that has zero experience with MMOs. Their complete lack of knowledge about how to treat online customers is taking it's toll, even with loooooooooong-time Star Wars fan like me.

Dont worry in a couple months blizz will buy swtor from EA/bioware just to run its future success in their face

The same for this. This is no reason to bring servers down for hours.

And what? Give it to Blizzard who is doing oh so well at not mangling their own product as of late? No thanks, I'd rather not have 6 point talent trees, and Pandas with light sabers. :p

Or hey they could give it off to SoE right? Oh wait SoE couldn't care less about their customers. With SoE you would be lucky to get a patch ... ever.

So please tell me what other company would you have preferred?

And what? Give it to Blizzard who is doing oh so well at not mangling their own product as of late? No thanks, I'd rather not have 6 point talent trees, and Pandas with light sabers. :p

Or hey they could give it off to SoE right? Oh wait SoE couldn't care less about their customers. With SoE you would be lucky to get a patch ... ever.

So please tell me what other company would you have preferred?

Lego?

... too soon?

Which takes 4 hours very sad i mean are they manually typing the code up on every server or something

restart a server is a complicated and potentially dangerous thing, and i know what i'm saying because i work as server engineer for a worldwide ICT company.

deploying a patch is potentially dangerous (as we have already seen) so 4 hour to don't screw all the hardware/software is worth of the "oh my god 4h unplanned downtime!" QQ

have a nice day :)

Edited by ViridisDraco
typo

According to our internal and contracted testers as well as our metrics we made the following change to rebalance Sorcerers.

Sith Inquisitors:

General:

Fixed some tooltip errors.

Sorcerer:

Dark Infusion: is now has a base 4.0 seconds activation time.

Crushing Darkness: Slightly functionality changed. Crushing Darkness no longer has a direct damage component. It will now deal its total damage over 13 seconds (can be talented to 15 seconds to match its cool down due to popular demand). Total Damage is roughly unchanged.

Death Mark: Slightly functionality change. Death Mark now only increase Affliction damage by 20%, 10 stacks.

Creeping Terror: No longer roots the victim in place. Now has 15 second cooldown, deals damage over 30 seconds. Total Damage is unchanged.

Disintegration: Now increase the critical chance of Force Lightning and Lightning Strike by 1% per point.

Calcify: Now increase damage dealt by Shock, Force Lightning and Affliction by 1% per point.

Chain Shock: When you activate Shock you have (10/20/30)% chance to activate a second Shock dealing (10/20/30)% of the normal damage.

Force Lightning: Now deals same damage over 6-second channel.