Explain to me why I should heal you....

Omebaway

I give my MVP vote to the person I think helped us win the most...

Examples:

-Stealther caps several points for us in Civil War/Voidstar/Coast that turns the tide of the match? Probably get my vote.

-Person who has to stand guard on a node while the others get to fight for medals on the contested ones? Probably get my vote.

-Player who repeatedly came back from spawn over and over, dying almost immediately because he was the only one available but preventing the capture/plant? Probably get my vote.

I don't look at numbers when I give out my MVP vote. I give a few seconds thought over who I think contributed the most to that match. Will it sometimes be the one who healed or did the most damage? Yes. But it's definitely who helped us try to win/actually win the most, in my opinion.

Which is the core of it. OPINION. Don't let your ego be a part of the equation. It's just an MVP vote, literally 1 extra Com and some valor scraps. It's no big deal.

I play both a DPS and a healer. Sometimes I get 4-5 votes, sometimes none. Roll with the punches.

Edited by Nyjin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Healing has been dumbed down to below tracer spam levels of faceroll in this game....You spam 2 -4 buttons whilst focussing entirely on the ops frames you don't even know where the people are that you are healing half the time since you can face the wall and still heal away. The fact that certain healers are able to put out big numbers usually just means they stood there clicking raid frames and spamming against weak opposition, it has the lowest skill cap and the total healing done number is likely to reflect which of the healing classes you play.

In games where the healer really saved the day its likely their performance wont show through in the numbers because they were under massive pressure and not able to get many heals off but were able to keep the right people alive for long enough to win the battle.

Yea because being a healer is so unique to button smashing. Ever played a dps sorc lol? A toddler could pull off that rotation.

I would know i let my nephew try

Good healers are definitely recognized. It's not uncommon for me to receive 5 or 6 mvp votes. I am still waiting for a clean sweep (7) but I keep trying. I've also gotten 0 mvp votes in a game where I topped healing, but I don't mind because that's the variance of it .. (and I know premades vote for themselves). In fact I get more mvp votes while pugging because in our premade we equally distribute the votes.

If people are not seeing how well you're doing doing ... it's probably because you're not really doing very well. Perhaps instead of whining about the mvps, be more proactive and work for it.

Edited by Orangerascal

Explain to me why I should heal you....

For the same reason tanks should keep you from dying and dps should kill ppl. If you chose to do a role in pvp, then do it and shut up, you are not special and MVP votes are not only WORTHLESS, they are also a popularity contest.

Healing has been dumbed down to below tracer spam levels of faceroll in this game....You spam 2 -4 buttons whilst focussing entirely on the ops frames you don't even know where the people are that you are healing half the time since you can face the wall and still heal away. The fact that certain healers are able to put out big numbers usually just means they stood there clicking raid frames and spamming against weak opposition, it has the lowest skill cap and the total healing done number is likely to reflect which of the healing classes you play.

In games where the healer really saved the day its likely their performance wont show through in the numbers because they were under massive pressure and not able to get many heals off but were able to keep the right people alive for long enough to win the battle.

What are you on about, healing is ridiculously difficult in this game, and much more so than dps. I've played all three archetypes in the game and healing is by far the most difficult and least rewarding.

Here are the reasons why:

1) No aoe heal spamfest like the other games. In swtor your positioning actually matters.

2) Healers are incredibly squishie. You can't outheal 1 dps on you.

3) Healing barely keeps up with the pace of a dps. My 4k heal has a 2.5sec cast time. My scoundrel, regularly opens 4k hits (with a dot)

4) You need to pay attention to 2 different screens. The raid frame and your view port.

5) You need to be able to switch from healing to dps at a moment's notice to stop caps, help your dps kill that last guy, ... etc etc..

6) You're always the focus target ... always.

If you think healing is about randomly pushing buttons ... than what can I say ... you're doing it wrongly.

Edited by Orangerascal

Why I vote the bottom of the list

1- Thanking the guy who came in late because people quit because we were losing. Long as they help make whatever is left of the wz a little fun I thank them.

2- The guy on the bottom may have been a defender and has held the node the entire time helping us win or concentrate on another node.

3- they are on the bottom of the list because they either suck or are under-geared. By voting for them maybe they will be able to earn their gear a little faster since every vote is worth 1 com now. Far as I can tell anyways. This way they may be able to hold there own the next time I play a wz with them.