The Case of the Curious Kneeling Pandemic

Tiddymun

I'll admit it... I'm a nervous wreck. My paranoia is now whipped into a frenzy. There was a day when I logged into my main and found her kneeling. I never told her to, she evidently just felt like it. I gave her a nudge and off she went, in a non-kneeling manner, to the mailbox... and I thought nothing else of it. Then another day followed... and another... and on each login, she was in a default kneeling pose. Her orokeet displayed more backbone. It was worrisome.

None of my other toons joined in so I just assumed my Sage was developing a slight tendency towards submission and endeavoured to throw her at clusters of mobs to beef up her self-image.

Unfortunately, her submissive demeanour has now spread to all of my toons. I don't remember seeing a 'Submissive' option anywhere in my Legacy window but now I have a family of wussbags.

Personally, I think this is a virus spread by pets. So I'm here to ask if anyone else has noticed, since the advent of gabillions of Taun Taun freely distributed recently, that their cherished toons have been pet-infected and adopt the kneeling posture on each login.

Because if not... I'll start to weely weely panic...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Dismissing your pet before logging off should resolve this issue for you.

Best of luck!

To be honest, I think I may just go with the flow and live an unworried life. Especially as I'm evidently not alone.

Anyone know if the Hutts have a vendor dispensing Social Gimp Outfits?

Proof positive that people will find anything to complain about. LOL

There is this thing called imagination. The inference is of one's self bracing for the transformation from one world to another as exemplified in such movies as terminator, or star trek....the latest movie when Spock knelt so as to brace himself for when he landed on an apparently unstable planet?

It is both a nice touch, and some nice fodder to keep the whiners busy formulating how this will lead to not only the end of the game, but global warming and maybe even life itself....

There is this thing called imagination. The inference is of one's self bracing for the transformation from one world to another as exemplified in such movies as terminator, or star trek....the latest movie when Spock knelt so as to brace himself for when he landed on an apparently unstable planet?

It is both a nice touch, and some nice fodder to keep the whiners busy formulating how this will lead to not only the end of the game, but global warming and maybe even life itself....

You appear to have wandered into this thread accidentally. Your crusade is thataways ===>

The main thrust (if I can use that word) of my original post was more tongue (if I can use that word) in cheek (ditto) and contained not a single complaint.

I wonder if, once the kneeling submissive thing has taken hold, I'll get a bug that lets me run around elites waving a white flag. Or perform the Moult emote. While wearing my coordinated, purple (thanks for that Sparxy!) gimp outfit, of course. Hell... I fort I woz a tuffy.

Anyhoo... it's nice to know I don't kneel alone (if I can conjure that image).

I'll admit it... I'm a nervous wreck. My paranoia is now whipped into a frenzy. There was a day when I logged into my main and found her kneeling. I never told her to, she evidently just felt like it. I gave her a nudge and off she went, in a non-kneeling manner, to the mailbox... and I thought nothing else of it. Then another day followed... and another... and on each login, she was in a default kneeling pose. Her orokeet displayed more backbone. It was worrisome.

None of my other toons joined in so I just assumed my Sage was developing a slight tendency towards submission and endeavoured to throw her at clusters of mobs to beef up her self-image.

Unfortunately, her submissive demeanour has now spread to all of my toons. I don't remember seeing a 'Submissive' option anywhere in my Legacy window but now I have a family of wussbags.

Personally, I think this is a virus spread by pets. So I'm here to ask if anyone else has noticed, since the advent of gabillions of Taun Taun freely distributed recently, that their cherished toons have been pet-infected and adopt the kneeling posture on each login.

Because if not... I'll start to weely weely panic...

Kneeling is not a display of submission unless you are actually kneeling before someone else.

If youre simply kneeling to take a rest, blend in with the surroundings, steady your weapon or take a poop, youre not actually submissive.

However, your apparant inclination to interpret it as such shows that you have a severe fear of being viewed as weak, which usually stems from a very low sense of self esteem, meaning you are in fact weak.

:D

Kneeling is not a display of submission unless you are actually kneeling before someone else.

If youre simply kneeling to take a rest, blend in with the surroundings, steady your weapon or take a poop, youre not actually submissive.

However, your apparant inclination to interpret it as such shows that you have a severe fear of being viewed as weak, which usually stems from a very low sense of self esteem, meaning you are in fact weak.

You poop kneeling?

So what you're suggesting is that I'm not kneeling to have a rest because I don't own or have no concept of how to use a mattress... nor because I am suddenly and inexplicably surrounded by 1,000 other kneeling Sages and am compelled to blend in... nor because I have a wobbly weapon in need of some knee-related steadying, and not because I'm in dire need of a rearward evacuation... but because I am, actually, deep down and subconsciously... weak.

I shall bring this up with my therapist. Thanks for that.

Meanwhile, I'll blame the orokeet.

I like mittens!