Role of DPS Commando Once Rated WZs Go Live?

Moryu

I just can't see what our role would be in a pre-made when the rated warzones go live.

What does a dps commando/merc bring to the party that another class (of an equally geared and skilled player) can't do better?

As it stands now in post 1.2 I rarely bump into another commando that isn't a healer. Yes, we can still do alot of damage but nothing comapred to some other classes and we have no utility which other classes can not fulfill.

Don't get me wrong I love my commando and don't want a damage increase, I just want something that is unique to the commando that would make us a good choice for rated wzs.

Discuss

Sitting in the corner drinking whiskey while the PTSD of the nerf wears off, and then delving into harder stuff to keep the thrill of battle, the adrenaline rush that you felt when being a contributor to a valuable force coming. Eventually standing in the halls of Carrick station, maybe missing a limb, moving between muttering and shouting about grav round, demo round, and yelling "INCOMING CRIT SMASH!" (rather than mortar fire!) and leaping for cover.

Sitting in the corner drinking whiskey while the PTSD of the nerf wears off, and then delving into harder stuff to keep the thrill of battle, the adrenaline rush that you felt when being a contributor to a valuable force coming. Eventually standing in the halls of Carrick station, maybe missing a limb, moving between muttering and shouting about grav round, demo round, and yelling "INCOMING CRIT SMASH!" (rather than mortar fire!) and leaping for cover.

Well played sir, well played.

Danm, you PTSD is worse than mine HA

Idk about you guys, but i cant just let go of my commando. nothing's wrong with this class, something's wrong with us, why are we making a point about this? we only spent hours upon hours getting these characters to level 50, getting battlemaster gear, and becoming familiar with a certain play style. (and paying 15$ a month the whole time)

sure i'm the first name that comes across my ally's screen in pvp as "<commando player> has been defeated". and sure i can't get more than 2 hits per life (which really doesnt matter since everybody seems to have some type of absorbtion shield) and sure, we get called out because of low scores that all the sudden started happening post 1.2, but come on, WE are the crazy no talent 1 button spammers, its US not this new commando class bioware cooked up.

Commandos are a great way to finish the warzones really quick. Just not in the good way.

Sadly they are not a good source to get MVPs. Because the opponent team cant vote you.

Commandos will always be welcome in your team, by your opponents.

what are you all guys smoking? would you rather be a sniper than a commando? Everytime i see a team of troopers i see lots of heavy armors that take ages to kill. When somebody is being focused by 2 grav round spammers he is dead in a matter of mere seconds.

You have the comfort of heavy armors and TECH ATTACKS. Are you reading me? Right! Tech attacks. You ignore any sort of target defense (except for assasins force shrowd / shadow resilence tech immunity for 6s). Ppl with defense, shield, absorbtion is stacking hundreds of useless stats against you, ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Those that don't have these, are light/medium armored squishy classes.

In all honesty you deserve to have trouble with marauders as basically you having a field day with everything else. Because the WZ are literally crawling with troopers, 80% of snipers are simply forced to spec in lethality or endure the crap of having a good chunk of their damage being mitigated.

You want more utility? What utility for God's sake?? Sniper's don't even have a ranged stun. Our only advantage is that we can stay entrenched (CC immunity), and being able to survive some initial burst with our defensive skills (balistic dampeners 30% DR + shield probe).

I really don't know what do you expect from your class? Roflstomping everyone from ranged without any sort of discomfort in any match up?

what are you all guys smoking? would you rather be a sniper than a commando? Everytime i see a team of troopers i see lots of heavy armors that take ages to kill. When somebody is being focused by 2 grav round spammers he is dead in a matter of mere seconds.

Go back to your bridge.

You have the comfort of heavy armors and TECH ATTACKS. Are you reading me? Right! Tech attacks. You ignore any sort of target defense (except for assasins force shrowd / shadow resilence tech immunity for 6s). Ppl with defense, shield, absorbtion is stacking hundreds of useless stats against you, ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

Those that don't have these, are light/medium armored squishy classes.

In all honesty you deserve to have trouble with marauders as basically you having a field day with everything else. Because the WZ are literally crawling with troopers, 80% of snipers are simply forced to spec in lethality or endure the crap of having a good chunk of their damage being mitigated.

You want more utility? What utility for God's sake?? Sniper's don't even have a ranged stun. Our only advantage is that we can stay entrenched (CC immunity), and being able to survive some initial burst with our defensive skills (balistic dampeners 30% DR + shield probe).

I really don't know what do you expect from your class? Roflstomping everyone from ranged without any sort of discomfort in any match up?

If we're so overpowered compared to snipers roll a frakkin commando. I dare you.

Oh and hey guess what what type of damage is grav round, is it kinetic, energy? Holy **** thats mitigated by armor. Oh it must be elemental or internal... thats it, that gravity burst happens -inside- your body. That negates armor. No, wait, thats the debuff grav round puts on you that helps negate your armor... Here let me go over this for you sniper, wtith my rudimentary knowledge of your class and see how you feel.

Alright grav round time.,.. wait distracted... *** oh well charged bolts... he got to snipe me though.... -Now- its time for grav round holy **** he got up and lOSed, *** is that noise, oh well I'll go get him, hes back in cover, free snipe. Grav round time! Oh **** *** interrupted again... guess its time for charged bolts and a sticky, some of that got through his cover screen, thats cool, cause now its GRAV ROUND TIME! Wait, what the **** he moved again... damn him! This time, this time I'm in line of sight, there will be no escaping... *** free instant snipe, how in the hell... Whatever man time to bring the gravity vortex... *** interrupted again, oh **** its a marauder! (dead)

Or how bout this scenario.

**** yeah that marauder is 30 meters away its time for gRAV ROUND! OH **** FORCE LEAP! I better run... wait im snared how in the hell I cant move. Concussive charge! That'll knock him back... Holy **** I'm being choked! How is he faster than me! I have to kite, throw sticky, hide get a heal off, oh **** interupted! Well now its Gr- (dead)

Edited by Hudgaar