Assassin leveling?

BabaXIII

I've been doing the DPS route for my leveling, and I've encountered some problem where I die really quickly. This doesn't really bother me, but my friend as been saying that I should be leveling as a Darkness Assassin.

Is that true? Where can I change my talent tree?

I've been doing the DPS route for my leveling, and I've encountered some problem where I die really quickly. This doesn't really bother me, but my friend as been saying that I should be leveling as a Darkness Assassin.

While I don't know if Darkness is the recommended spec, I just finished leveling a Darkness Assassin myself. The survivability of the spec is awesome. Also, unlike other mmo tanks that I've played, Assassin tanks seemed to do pretty decently in the damage department.

I tried the DPS trees for a while in leveling up, but always pulled too much hate off Khem Val, so I switched to Darkness once I had a healer companion and really enjoyed the class after that (and tanking with 'sin so much more). I actually retired my Jugg tank in favor of the Assassin.

If you don't like tanking overall tho, once you hit 50 just switch back to your DPS talents and you'll do fine.

While I don't know if Darkness is the recommended spec, I just finished leveling a Darkness Assassin myself. The survivability of the spec is awesome. Also, unlike other mmo tanks that I've played, Assassin tanks seemed to do pretty decently in the damage department.

This. I was using a DPS build, but in the 30s I started having issues with survivability. I'm 42 with 31 points in darkeness, and I love it. Use a DPS companion, and you shouldn't have any issues anymore. Once I got our healer it got even better. I don't have to stop between pulls anymore to health up. I can chain pull one group after the other, and it's been a blast playing.

Remember every couple of levels to check to see if Khem learned any new abilities and to turn them on. Leveled my Sin to only a few boxes short of 50 right now as a Deception Sin.

Used Khem till I got Xalek. I've even been able to solo Heroic 2's on Hoth and Corellia so far.

I find that if you're a DPS, it's best to use a healing companion from the moment you get them onward.

Tank companions in this game are squishy as hell unless you deck them out, and don't do that great of a job keeping threat.

Edited by Faolon

No problem here levelling as Deception. But then I did all Heroics and Bonus Quests on Dromund Kaas, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine etc. which means I'm getting to most planets 2-4 levels higher than the minimum. I also don't take green quest rewards, favouring instead the Commendations which lets me get Orange Gear and Mods.

Plus I've made sure that I've kept Khem geared up, even buying some orange gear for him with my Commendations.

In addition, when taking out Mobs and Elites, keep your CC up. Its amazing how much it helps you and Khem stay alive.

If you want to change to Darkness because it suits your playestyle, fine. But don't change because someone says its the only way to play Assassin, it isn't.

Edited by Iraas
Extra info.

ive found that at lvl 32 my deception assasin is slowly getting worser (she is fully modded in lvl 31 blue+ purple mods) the fight with zash was a challange and i died once thougth that may be due to not using khem since tat so he had poor mods himself.

looking forward i dont know if i will cut it with deception as my dps characters have allways sufferd from mid chapter 2.