So I guess 1.2 changed World Bosses

DarthWalt

So with this rakghoal event alot more peopel then normal were hitting world bosses on tat. That being said Trap Jaw was still only a lvl 30 World boss.

However it seems they have added an AoE de buff that was not there in the past. If you are unaware of it, it basicly makes soloing any lvl World Boss as a none healer imposable because AoE De buff now puts your Compaion in a state of Fear for the entire fight making them unable to do anything and if they are ranged they will get pulling into the boss at asure the effect stays applied to the comp.

It also seems that added increased acc. to the World Bosses as well. The extream low lvls ones I would never take damage on my lvl 50s unless they enraged. Now I am getting hit more often and when I am hit it seems to scale with lvl. Like 1 hit taking 50% of my life from a mob 40 lvls below me.

I am not complaining about this. I just guess i missed the patch note that said they did this and was kinda surprised when Trap Jaw almost killed 2 lvl 50s.

The companion debuff has always been there. The only soloable world boss it really makes a difference with is the one on coruscant, which has an attack that ends up one-shotting any solo players trying to fight him. The workaround is to stand back and manually tell your companion to attack him first (control + 1) before going in. The companion still cowers in fear, but it tricks the boss into thinking there are two players present and the one-shot ability works the way it would with two players - meaning that as long as you stay far away from the companion as it rolls around on the ground, you'll be fine.

The companion debuff has always been there. The only soloable world boss it really makes a difference with is the one on coruscant, which has an attack that ends up one-shotting any solo players trying to fight him. The workaround is to stand back and manually tell your companion to attack him first (control + 1) before going in. The companion still cowers in fear, but it tricks the boss into thinking there are two players present and the one-shot ability works the way it would with two players - meaning that as long as you stay far away from the companion as it rolls around on the ground, you'll be fine.

Well don't post these things! Now they're gonna fix it. ):<

lol

you couldnt use companions against world boss's before 1.2. they always had a buff that made it so only true champions could take them on, this made companions quaked in fear if you started combat with a world boss and them out.

So with this rakghoal event alot more peopel then normal were hitting world bosses on tat. That being said Trap Jaw was still only a lvl 30 World boss.

However it seems they have added an AoE de buff that was not there in the past. If you are unaware of it, it basicly makes soloing any lvl World Boss as a none healer imposable because AoE De buff now puts your Compaion in a state of Fear for the entire fight making them unable to do anything and if they are ranged they will get pulling into the boss at asure the effect stays applied to the comp.

It also seems that added increased acc. to the World Bosses as well. The extream low lvls ones I would never take damage on my lvl 50s unless they enraged. Now I am getting hit more often and when I am hit it seems to scale with lvl. Like 1 hit taking 50% of my life from a mob 40 lvls below me.

I am not complaining about this. I just guess i missed the patch note that said they did this and was kinda surprised when Trap Jaw almost killed 2 lvl 50s.

I saw this on the Taris World Boss pre-1.2.