Trading in General Chat

fushnchips

So what percentage of reportable chat / posts should you actually report?

Just 50% of the gold sellers?

Just 25% of the racist comments?

If you think it's breaking the rules then clearly there's nothing wrong with reporting it.

I've put forth no argument for or against reporting, I have no idea where you're pulling this from.

I've put forth no argument for or against reporting, I have no idea where you're pulling this from.

And I never actually said that you did, I asked your opinion on whether all breaches of chat rules should be reported or just some.

Edited by Jestunhi

And I never actually said that you did, I asked your opinion on whether all breaches of chat rules should be reported or just some.

Like most things of the nature I'd take it on a case-by-case basis. Someone occasionally listing an item or two I would not report. On the other hand I would likely report Killowatt if he was doing what he mentioned.

Like most things of the nature I'd take it on a case-by-case basis. Someone occasionally listing an item or two I would not report. On the other hand I would likely report Killowatt if he was doing what he mentioned.

That's fine then. If you are using frequency as (one of) your criteria then you are talking about reporting for spamming, not for trading on general.

Personally when I do it there is never more than one of my messages on the screen at any one time.

Not i, every game has this. In fact I don't think a trade channel is necessarily as too many people leave the channel thereby making it obsolete. This means that most will place their ads in general chat.

If you don't like it turn general off or ignore the post when it states "WTS or WTB".

I find this very useful to find things, and it's how I've made money and trades and other deals!

Get over yourself.

What? People leave trade chat because it's obnoxious and full of the same people spamming the same messages repeatedly. We don't want to be smothered by your attempts to make income off of your trade skills.

So when we leave you to do your own thing, and decide it's better we just remove ourself from that environment, you decide that you're now justified in taking your wares to other channels? Do you really think that if you start spamming the same obnoxious nonsense in general, people won't leave that too?

Trade chat is for trading. Use it, use the GTN, use the forums. The channels are broken up into different categories so that they may be used for different purposes. Trading in chat is too spam intensive for the general channel. Once we've got trading, group requests, guild advertisements, random chatter about stupid anime characters, people asking questions about the game, people asking for help with quests, people discussing the story, etc, all in the general channel, everyone is just going to turn it off.

I have to admit I dislike people spamming trade chat into General when there IS a proper channel for this sort of messages. I am not too fussed about it, though. I just put everyone on ignore who does that more than once (accidents happen after all). I have to say being trigger happy with ignore will clean up your chat in no time - as usual it's only a relative minority who doesn't have any manners. /ignore must be the most underrated tool in any MMO.

Are you effing serious... report for selling in /1... Wow.

In general I love it that it pisses a few people off to not sell in general... you know the ones that tell you not to do it... so i start advertising harder.. and more items...like everything in my bank and on the GTN. Plus I send them personal tells of my wares.

Then you would be reported for harassment. Be a gent and list your toon names and what server you are on so we can ignore you now.

At least you know this is a good game, if this is all people have to complain about. I am in the who cares section. Why don't you whisper people who you try to have a convo with and all move to trade chat. If you spent less time on here complaining, and less time ignoring or reporting people, you would have had more time to come up with a solution, rather then getting yourselves upset over something so minor. I still blame WotLK for these kind of MMO players, made everything too cooshy.

I personally loathe that General is the default place chat goes. It's stupid. It should be "Say".

I personally loathe all you inconsiderate people who use General for your trading too. That's why there is a specific trade channel.

I may in fact start reporting you for spam... surely in-game spam qualifies as just as annoying as "go to this web address and buy stuff you don't need?" :p

good you do that hopefully BW bans you for attempted griefing :p