The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Another post about Immobilize effects.

Cryblood

Bug report what, "I stunned a guy and it didn't work", I'm sorry but that's not even remotely helpful, I can however say that there is an issue on the forums, not why that issue is there I do not know and unless payed it's not my job to figure out if it's the UI failing on occasion, an ability not working as intended, sync issues server side or just the resolve system not taking some things in to account.

If the forums are for discussing things not related to bugs or issues with the game it self then you might want to have a chat with CS that directs the player to them for that very reason.

Bad analogy is bad.

Bad analogy? YOu mean the same Forums at launch that said Marauder/Sentinel was a UP class that needed to do more damage? That vanguards were a terrible class? Etc? you mean those forums?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad analogy? YOu mean the same Forums at launch that said Marauder/Sentinel was a UP class that needed to do more damage? That vanguards were a terrible class? Etc? you mean those forums?

Seems like BW is listening to those cries though.

For all their fawning over their lauded ability to test internally and monitor in-game metrics it sure as hell feels as if 90% of what they add is nearly, if not mostly, untested forum whining.

Seems like BW is listening to those cries though.

For all their fawning over their lauded ability to test internally and monitor in-game metrics it sure as hell feels as if 90% of what they add is nearly, if not mostly, untested forum whining.

That because testing and monitoring software doesn't pay subscriptions...

I'd say 90 percent of the time when ppl claim they got stunned when the resolve bar was full, the bar was prob just almost full and they look up and see it full after they are stunned. As long as the stun gets in before the bar is full, you will remained stunned even tho the bar fills completely. I say the other 10 percent of the time its prob a result of lag, your screen shows you have a full bar before the stun comes in, but the server reads that the stun came in before your bar filled up.

Here’s the problem:

You can be Stunned with the Resolve Bar 99% full. Good Players will use this mechanic in order to time their Stuns to Maximize your immobility by 1) FIRST stunning you, but not enough not to Fill your Resolve Bar; 2) NEXT as that Stun wears off, Stun you enough to fill the Resolve Bar, but with the least amount of resolve possible, and 3) Finally Stun you again when Resolve ticks below 100%. That's before we even factor in Roots, and skilled players will root you in place long enough for your Resolve to tick below 100%, and then hit you with another Stun.

Reading this carefully, it sounds like you think you can stun someone with a white resolve bar which has just become no longer full. This is untrue. You have to wait for it to deplete completely when it's white. I see this misconception A LOT when people are discussing resolve.

Resolve has two small problems right now:

1. Lots of people made fotm Knights/Warriors who can leap at you and immobilize up to 3 seconds, which ignores resolve. Frustrating for sure, but you can still fight back, pass the ball, etc.

2. Damage is tuned a little too high right now, so you lose a lot of hp in that first stun which we were all told not to waste your cc breaker on. The counter is to stun the other guy and do the same to him.

#2 can be mitigated by tuning down damage or giving everyone a defensive CD that can be popped while stunned.

I'd say 90 percent of the time when ppl claim they got stunned when the resolve bar was full, the bar was prob just almost full and they look up and see it full after they are stunned. As long as the stun gets in before the bar is full, you will remained stunned even tho the bar fills completely. I say the other 10 percent of the time its prob a result of lag, your screen shows you have a full bar before the stun comes in, but the server reads that the stun came in before your bar filled up.

I think there should be a good 10% to 15% in there of people saying they got stunned when in reality it was a root...