Matrix cube vs battlemaster relic

Paultor

Well considering all Matrix Cubes give you +50 or +58 base stat according to your class, I'd say it's pretty valuable for both PvE and PvP.

I keep mine on all the time and have another relic to go with it, usually a BM or Rakata relic depending on the situation.

I don't use the battlemaster relics, really they are quite lacklustre compared to some other trinkets. I use matrix cube and Gravity Wave Device ( Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 214 additional kinetic damage to the target.) If you've you have battlemaster/war hero gear you can easily drop 1-2 slots and use whatever you like. You'll still be over 1000 in expertise. For example I've got full battlemaster + 2 pieces of war hero, I don't use any PvP relics and still have 1100 expertise.

I don't use the battlemaster relics, really they are quite lacklustre compared to some other trinkets. I use matrix cube and Gravity Wave Device ( Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 214 additional kinetic damage to the target.) If you've you have battlemaster/war hero gear you can easily drop 1-2 slots and use whatever you like. You'll still be over 1000 in expertise. For example I've got full battlemaster + 2 pieces of war hero, I don't use any PvP relics and still have 1100 expertise.

On a 20 second cooldown, isnt it? Compared to 380 power? HAHAHA. Go back to BM relic my friend!

Edited by AdamLKvist

On a 20 second cooldown, isnt it? Compared to 380 power? HAHAHA. Go back to BM relic my friend!

What cooldown? It can deal damage every 4.5 secs. For power I use adrenal + ability. I know how to play thanks.

"Damaging attacks have a 30% chance to deal 214 additional kinetic damage to the target. This effect can only occur every 4.5 seconds, and shares this limit with similar damage-dealing effects".

Considering the lead combat designer stated that in PVP expertise was the most important stat by a large margin I'd go with the BM relics.

Surely it still has a diminishing return? I imagine a full battlemaster could get away with sacrificing 50 or so expertise (assuming that it is indeed needed in the 1000~ range), and you an always make up for the expertise loss by sticking an expertise crystal in your saber.

Why'd you do that when you can get the samish relic dealing INTERNAL damage which isn't mitigated by anything?