The point of Inheritance/Birthright Legacy Gear?

Xrande

A possible alternative we implement something like this for example,

Say you get trooper bound chest piece, simple solution would be the capability of mailing that to your bounty hunter and exchanging it for the bounty hunter equivalent. Same with a trooper bound level 14 rifle, exchange for the bounty hunter level 14 pistol.

Yes?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time listener,first time caller,

Well,ive been spamming spacecraft missions,and buying the epic chest for 300 space commendations.From 12 hand ins,i have gotten 8 lv 50 prototype purples,and 3 birthright pieces.At 300 a piece maybe Birthright are booby prizes.Sure feels like it considering the effort.Thnx Bioware.:confused:

wierdly the lvl 14 stuff is incredibly powerful, doesnt look like it but they are, they can easily last you till lvl 30 without swapping out even when upgrades become available because the gains are so small thus allowing you to throw that gear into cash, that in turn allows you to not push your mains money into an alt as the alt can gain there own legacy perks.

wierdly the lvl 14 stuff is incredibly powerful, doesnt look like it but they are, they can easily last you till lvl 30 without swapping out even when upgrades become available because the gains are so small thus allowing you to throw that gear into cash, that in turn allows you to not push your mains money into an alt as the alt can gain there own legacy perks.

You're right but you have Comms to spend on gear. You're not forced to buy any gear while leveling.

• 8 months later...
Gear taht serves you for only five levels and costs weeks of commendation farming? No thank you! It was always suggested that it should scale with level but they don't care anymore. Legacy gear is so nasty in most cases nobody wears it. Sith warrior and Smuggler being exceptions.

Good idea, incredibly crappy implementation - they should've done it like Aion did their "Daeva" set, where you can transform each piece into a different piece of the same type by turning in the item and paying a fee.

Example:

I choose to use the basic "Inheritance Gloves Construction Kit" to pick gloves for my Trooper, a while later it gets outleveled, but I also have a level 14 Jedi Sentinel that could use gloves of that level - so my Trooper takes his gloves back to the vendor where he originally got them in exchange for the kit, and turns them in along with a small fee to remodel them into Sentinel gloves - and then mails them to the Sentinel.

It would actually put the "Inheritance" part in the item, instead of making it just another item that happens to get sent to an alt.

Not to mention it would make finding the items much more special, and maybe even convince some people that it's worth using the ridiculous amount of daily commendations to acquire one of the pieces to complete the set.

It's all pointless at this point, since Bioware isn't going to look back and change anything about these items - they'll always be the rather useless junk that they are now. A shame.

Edited by Callaron

I've levelled lots of alts and I have never once used any of the Birthright gear, it's worthless junk because you outlevel it so rapidly and can't mod it. There's much better gear to be had from other sources (particularly since it is aimed at players who are levelling alts, not at first timers).

I've bought one or two of the custom orange Legacy armour pieces where I wanted the particular appearance, but no whole sets because they are hugely overpriced. Hugely.

The whole Birthright/Legacy gear system misses the mark by such a wide margin Bioware should be embarassed they've left it in the game in this state. It needs a total rethink. The Birthright gear needs to either scale with level or be mod-able. The orange legacy shells need their prices brought into line with other adaptable legacy bound gear in the game (Gree, Section X etc)..

Edited by Cernow

I've used it on 3 different alts.

Actually I have used the SAME set on 3 different alts, different classes. The trick is, you have to go back and trade it in to the vendor before the timer runs out (2 hours) and keep doing that until you no longer need the items. A pain in the ***, but I got use out of em.

But ideally, you should be able to freely exchange them for any class, hell, make the stats "adaptive", so if I put it on a inq/cons, I get willpower. I put it on a trooper/BH, I get Aim, warrior/knight I get str, smuggler/op I get cunning.

The other stats remain the same, the only thing that changes is the primary stat. Shouldn't have been that hard to do, and makes them more useful.

Yeah, who approved this monstrosity idea to go live anyway? What a waste of time and resources!

"Oh, lets just do any idea we know the players will like. We are talented designers and developers. We KNOW shizzle akazizle!"

Pift, yeah... right...

I can't believe I just got this legacy crap two times in a row from 24 comm boxes. was the designer out of his mind? giving the player this utterly useless item for a few hours of heroics? why do they put such a nonsense in most expensive comm box? the box might just as well be empty.. would be better to just do the boring daily, at least I'd be sure to get credits and not some ill-mind creation :-/

I dont get the point .. if you play some alts, and do slicing for some time, you have a complete set for every class =)

I have just sold ~45 Items to the vendor 2 weeks ago.

For the lvl its just nice armor to use. If you dont have it just use ne random crap that drops while leveling.

There is no need in getting blue or better gear while leveling because you can rush through the levels in no time (especcially in the last 4 Weeks), and there are on the same level 3 fights in all class storys that are hard to manage (only if your heromoment isnt a bulk of 4+ skills).

Yeah, you guys don't get the point of this legacy gear at all. When leveling your character, you are given inheritance/birthright legacy gear at certain points as a little bonus for alts. You can also buy it off the daily comm vendors but that would be a waste. It also shows up as a random drop sometimes. It's good for about 5 levels or so on an alt. It's not meant to be something that you can just gear up alts and never have to replace gear for 30 or 40 levels.

Everyone wants more gear bound to legacy.....more use for legacy gear, etc.....but that would make no sense from a game standpoint. Why would they want to further destroy the market for pre-50 crafting of gear, mods, etc? Why would they want to create less of a market for the Cartel stuff? Yeah, I'm sure some people would love to be given an entire set of gear that they never have to mod or replace for 50 levels. That's not realistic. The inheritance/birthright gear is nothing but a minor bonus for your alts that you earn along the way.

When I use it, that's pretty much what I do, Jim.

Usually it's not worth the bother though, and I'll just stick with a matching moddable set - which I'll keep updated through a combination of my Cybertech alt and commendation vendors.

• 2 months later...

This may have already been said, and I may not be entirely accurate here, but this is what I know about Legacy gear...

Inheritance level 14-16 legacy gear is purchased with Inheritance item construction kits. They are equal to blue quality approximately for that level range.

Birthright level 29-33 legacy gear is purchased with Birthright item construction kits. They are also equal to about blues for that level range, and therefore are even less useful IMO.

Renowned is orange adaptable armor as far as I understand, purchased with credits but requires legacy level 10.

Exalted is also orange adaptable armor purchased with credits and requires legacy level 20

As far as I know Renowned and Exalted Legacy gear does not have a level requirement, and you can equip mods that are bound to you into this armor and mail it to alts.

This may have already been said, and I may not be entirely accurate here, but this is what I know about Legacy gear...

Inheritance level 14-16 legacy gear is purchased with Inheritance item construction kits. They are equal to blue quality approximately for that level range.

Birthright level 29-33 legacy gear is purchased with Birthright item construction kits. They are also equal to about blues for that level range, and therefore are even less useful IMO.

Renowned is orange adaptable armor as far as I understand, purchased with credits but requires legacy level 10.

Exalted is also orange adaptable armor purchased with credits and requires legacy level 20

As far as I know Renowned and Exalted Legacy gear does not have a level requirement, and you can equip mods that are bound to you into this armor and mail it to alts.

that is correct.

and the top two, as far as i can tell have a sole purpose of taking up cargo space if not deleted immediately.

at the very least, it would be nice if you could vendor them.

It's just another half-baked stupid idea.

But it drops from storage boxes like decent gear. BioWare thinks this crap has any use for players, but it doesn't. Anyways, they don't remove them from storage boxes, so we still can draw a blank by open them and get this useless gear.

:(

Edited by discbox