Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The point of Inheritance/Birthright Legacy Gear?

Xrande

The idea was very good - to begin with, but it is pointless as so many other folks mentioned. Not too many people are going to roll two of the same class - the items do not scale, get stronger - are customizable. At one point in time the legacy vendor was useful for the Belt / Bracer you could get (that was cheaper then on the gtn then) to augment. And of course to transfer mods etc to another alt. Which is only the real usefulness now.

Whoever implemented that long ago, most likely is gone from BW. They seem to have 'moved on' from this idea and the legacy system as a whole.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The legacy gear is really all that is of use in particular if you have a Sorc and Sin or Sin and Shadow. Put your PvP gear in it and send it back and forth. The rest I normally have better mods at that level so it's useless.

• 3 weeks later...
If you guys want these Legacy Gear pieces to act like Heirloom pieces in WoW, don't expect them to just be given out. You all remember the amount of time it took to get each piece in WoW right? They weren't simply handed out like these are... you had to put in some decent time to grind for them.

With that said, I didn't even bother sending the item to a lower level because as already stated, what's the point? It will simply be left behind too fast to worry about.

Actually, they were quite easy to get in wow, when I played it, I raided quite a lot, I am not the type to min-max, so I concentrated on helping newbie max levels to do heroics and raids and spent the tokens gained on the heirlooms, I pretty much have all of them except for the mail intellect based gear and the leather intellect based gear.

I do agree that it shouldn't be easy, but there should be realistic ways of getting and please not via crafting, I know how greedy those sods are, all they will see is the amount of 0's they can add onto the price tag.

Anyway, I think it should be available via the legacy vendor buyable only by level 50+ characters, the gear scales from level 1, right up to level 50 and the stats on it, is equal to blue quality of its level, maybe have it cost 20 commendations per item or something along those lines.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.