So will you be toning down melee?

Srooc

They all seem to have sOOOOO many gap closers and they hit like trucks. As a BH merc pyro spec I can jet boost, then they close the gap. I then hit them with elecro dart and they trinket out. Concussion missle takes about 2 hours to cast, so they just interupt. Then I'm at the med center running back to an objective - rinse and repeat.

Don't get me wrong, I can do decent damage with my spec and gear, but melee seem to have every counter to what I throw at them - don't forget they have more burst too.

I would love to see something to help keep the gap (distance) from them bigger. A disengage would be very nice.

There just doesn't seem to be a nice balance between melee and ranged right now. The pendulum seems to be in favor of melee.

This is really what took the fun out of the game for me. 1.2 badly screwed up melee/ranged class balance.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really what took the fun out of the game for me. 1.2 badly screwed up melee/ranged class balance.

Yeah there is no real reason to pvp currently if you are ranged anything....unless you enjoy being destroyed in two hits by every melee character in the game.

Yeah there is no real reason to pvp currently if you are ranged anything....unless you enjoy being destroyed in two hits by every melee character in the game.

Yup. Luckily most aren't that good but when I go up against a good marauder/sent there is literally no answer. I'm dead and he doesn't have half his health gone. 2v1? He can combat stealth and then heal. Its ridiculous. I can't believe this stuff ever was put in the game the way it is. Does bioware even have anyone that pvps on their pvp team?

I am just absolutely baffled that Jet Boost has a longer CD than Force Charge, it puts their resolve bar over 50%, and it can't be used on someone with White resolve. But Force charge does not generate resolve AND can be used on people with full resolve.

Just baffled.

I think us ranged players just need to find a new game. Think about it, they will NEVER give a Bounty Hunter the edge over a friggin' Jedi. How many Star Wars fans are running the numbers at Bioware? I guarantee they will NEVER let us be quite on par with their beloved glowbat swingers.

Edited by SerAlexStark

Yup. Luckily most aren't that good but when I go up against a good marauder/sent there is literally no answer. I'm dead and he doesn't have half his health gone. 2v1? He can combat stealth and then heal. Its ridiculous. I can't believe this stuff ever was put in the game the way it is. Does bioware even have anyone that pvps on their pvp team?

Of course they do! They all play marauders =p

Yup. Killing healers is priority 1. It always is and always should be for all pvp'ers. healers > squishies > heavies. How it goes.

I'm starting to doubt this because if you can coordinate AE stun and Pyro every map has places people clump up. AE heals are very shaky as counter as well.

It's a shame, too. I really liked this game. It felt unfinished when it came out, but it had potential.