What metric do you use to judge yourself?

Kovaos

What metric do you use to judge yourself after a WZ? I have noticed that I don't do near as much damage as my sent or sage, but I am getting a ton of killing blows and medals.

Any of you topping dmg charts or do we generally provide a different role?

Edited by Kovaos

Depends on the warzone and the way it goes.

In Huttball, for example, I judge myself on how well I played in the game - I don't look at stats at all. Stats in huttball don't matter nearly as much, and chances are if you are actually playing the game correctly you're going to have terrible offensive stats anyways.

Novarre Coast is somewhat similar only in that it tends to result in lower stats for every player across the board than in Voidstar or Civil War. I look at DPS stats here, but don't expect as much,

Voidstar is the one where I certainly look at total damage done more than anything.

The other aspect of things is how the game goes. Because I can stealth and because I am selfless enough to do it (and unfortunately can't always trust others to do it in a pug), I often end up guarding the turret in Civil War and Novarre Coast. In this case, I can't look at damage so much because I'm spending much of the game "doing nothing." In this case, I have to judge myself on how I handled any 1 on 1s that came up in defending, or how I was able to hold of 2 or 3 person groups long enough for reinforcements (typically involving the use of CC and force cloak of course).

First thing I look at is number of medals I've gotten.

Because I can DPS and taunt, I should be near the top of the medals list each and every warzone. If I'm not, then I'm slacking in one area or another and didn't play well enough.

Second thing I look at is overall damage. Whilst I don't care what the actual number is, i do care about how I did in comparison to the rest of my team. I play inf spec, I have no AoE, which means if i get top damage/near top damage then I've done really well as many other classes can pad their damage numbers with AoE damage, whereas we can.

finally, I look at biggest hits. This is an epeen thing really, I like to get bigger crits than my guildies so we always have a competition running. Its mostly a case of who found the undergeared bloke whilst having CDs ready!

I only look at comms received now. I'm on a server where you need to play during downtime -- or be in your guild premade -- to have any chance of a win over Imp premades. This has been exacerbated 1.2, because the Imps now generally outscore Republic groups and receive more comms at a ratio of about 2 or 3 to 1. Thus, the IMPs natural lead in gear has grown even worse since 1.2 and they are widening the gear disparity every day. For example, an imp on my server can get 100-125 comms per match by reeling off a long string of perhaps 10 to 20 straight victories against undergeared and shorthanded republics. In one multi-hour evening of play, that imp has gathered about 800-1000 ranked warzone coms. During the same period, the Republic player hasn't won any matches and certainly hasn't completed the daily quest, and thus has accumulated a total of maybe 200-300 warzone coms. At the end of a week, the imp has maybe 2 new 61 war hero items. By contrast, the Republic player is still only part way to acquiring his first war hero item. After a few weeks, the Imp has a full war hero suit. The Republic guy has one or two items IF he keeps pursuing this losing proposition.

Anyway, at this point, I sometimes lead or nearly lead the damage boards on my shadow IF I have good healer support. But my ability to score well continues to be eroded by the ever increasing gear disparity.