Bring Back the Rakghoul DNA sample vendor

Luckeyd

I think it is cool for BW to end the Rakghoul event, but please leave the vendor in-game for an extend time to allow eveyone to get a chance to turn in their event tokens. Most other MMOs I have played will keep an event token vendor in-game for atleast a week or more to allow everyone a chance to turn in their tokens. PLEASE, PLEASE BioWare bring back the Rakghoul DNA vendor so those of us that could not make it to the vendor on the last day can alteast turn in the fruits of our labors. Edited by Luckeyd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only MMO I played that kept the vendors in after an world even ended was Aion......

Most people want the vendor back because they gambled it was going to be there after the event ended and they could charge huge amounts of credits for DNA samples...... Why else would some people be sitting on 200+ DNA samples...

The way I look at it is you gambled and lost.... Thats what happens when you become greedy...

There was a ton of notice as to when the event was ending and i'm 99.9% positive it was dev confirmed in advance the vendor was going away with last nights maintenance. I don't know if you were gambling but you missed out. If they didn't bring back vendors for those stuck with champion/centurion commendations when those vendors were removed without a good warning. they're not gonna put the DNA vendor back for you.

side note: if you were gambling you should've known to stock up on the crystals themselves then gouge people for those when the source was gone.

Not really a gamble, I was away from the game beacuse a family member got sick. I am not asking for the event to come back, just the vendor and not forever, just an extra week.

I find it funny so many people couldn't play the last few days of the event due to this or that but miraculously show up the very next morning after the event ended to complain that they didn't have enough time to spend their DNA samples....

And why do you need an extra week for the vendor to be back, wouldn't you just need it for like an hour to log in run out to Tattoine and spend your DNA samples? Why a Week?

The last 2 days I was away from the game.

to be brutally honest, Not BW's fault or problem. There was plenty of warning. BUT, they did state that the vendor may be back later. As posted in other topics, perhaps the vendor was removed so that people don't keep the plague going to create blood samples in bulk after the event ended.

Give it some time for the infected to stop spreading the disease. BW may still yet bring him back.

Edited by eatumup

There was a ton of notice as to when the event was ending and i'm 99.9% positive it was dev confirmed in advance the vendor was going away with last nights maintenance.

REALLY? Sight and example please. I found NO such information. Some people, such as myself, actually work for a living. I had to work. And, when I go to work I'm gone 24-48 hours at a time. I had no chance to get to the vendor. So YES they should bring him back.

On a side note: I purchased the box CE of this game and Payed 6 months in advance. I don't get to game on a regular basis b/c of my work schedule so I don't have a lvl 50. So what I have learned from this game. I'll never buy another CE from EA and I'll never pay 6 months in advance. I've been duped.

All that matters is power leveling to endgame content and canceling the subscription so you can get 1 month free play and other in game stuff. :mad:

REALLY? Sight and example please. I found NO such information. Some people, such as myself, actually work for a living. I had to work. And, when I go to work I'm gone 24-48 hours at a time. I had no chance to get to the vendor. So YES they should bring him back.

On a side note: I purchased the box CE of this game and Payed 6 months in advance. I don't get to game on a regular basis b/c of my work schedule so I don't have a lvl 50. So what I have learned from this game. I'll never buy another CE from EA and I'll never pay 6 months in advance. I've been duped.

All that matters is power leveling to endgame content and canceling the subscription so you can get 1 month free play and other in game stuff. :mad:

Just go back a few pages in this forum and you'll find what you are looking for.

What I don't understand is how can someone grind out the DNA samples and not go buy their stuff, soon as I had 83 DNA samples I took off to the vendor to buy my crystal, I didn't say "you now what I'm going to wait 3-4 days and then buy the crystal even tho I know this is a limited time event"

You guys want the vendor back so you can sell DNA samples at huge markups....

And im so sick of the " I have a job " excuse.... doesn't fly, you could of bought the item the second you got the last DNA sample you needed....

I've been working my butt off for the last 4 weeks, so much so that I've not been able to play very much beyond logging in and sending companions off on Crew Skill missions and last night was only able to run one character through part of the quests and only saw 10 DNA samples which are pretty much worthless.

That being said, I saw the notice that said to make sure to turn in your samples before maintenance today. It is very easy since all you have to do is click the Dev Tracker and read.

I bought the CE, I continue to sub, and I fully realize that no company can cater to me just because I am under real life constraints that not everyone has to deal with. Limited time events are just that, limited. So what if I didn't get the pets or the titles...they aren't important since they have zero net effect on my playing of the game. Sure, I missed out on some content but that happens every week I have to work 12 hour days for 7 straight days so I've gotten used to it.

Besides, as has been pointed out, the vendor may be back at a later date. I'm sure the reason for this has to do with plague farming but there could be any number of reasons. But to expect a game company to cater to you just because you have an odd work schedule is ludicrous. A bunch of us have odd work schedules, or long work hours or other constraints like parents who don't understand the importance of being l337...

The quests were SCALING to the level. I`ve seen level 30`s do them and fight lvl 30 mobs, I`ve seen level 50`s fight level 50 mobs.

So, if you would have owned a level 30, or 20, or 10... you could have ran it :)

Oopsie.. there goes your excuse...

@Grayseven - for a long time, people were selling samples for dirt cheap. You could have bought 83 of them.. just a thought... 5 minutes job + 2 minutes to vendor .. now you have to wait months ... good deal.

Edited by Styxx

Please bring this vendor back. I had to work 2 different double shifts at work this weekend and didn't have time to play at all. Never knew about the event ending since I had things to do other than browse a game forum. Do what RIFT does and put a World Event vendor in the main fleet for people with leftover currency. One of the few things they did right imo.

This one from the 17th of April also shows the announcement that the event will end the 24th as well as the fact that the vendor would disappear at maintenance.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4013846#edit4013846

Also, you could have asked on your fleet when you were farming and i guarantee someone would have been able to tell you; thus your "Im to busy to stay informed so cater to me" excuse is void. Your own ignorance and refusal to check dev tracker or stay informed is not BW's fault

[EDIT]

One other thing ill forget your immature ad hominem attack in suggesting i don't work for a living. Ive been working at least 40 hours a week since 16 and I am now taking graduate level courses at a large university. I still have time to stay informed.

Edited by Lucrothop
add information

This one from the 17th of April also shows the announcement that the event will end the 24th as well as the fact that the vendor would disappear at maintenance.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4013846#edit4013846

Also, you could have asked on your fleet when you were farming and i guarantee someone would have been able to tell you; thus your "Im to busy to stay informed so cater to me" excuse is void. Your own ignorance and refusal to check dev tracker or stay informed is not BW's fault

[EDIT]

One other thing ill forget your immature ad hominem attack in suggesting i don't work for a living. Ive been working at least 40 hours a week since 16 and I am now taking graduate level courses at a large university. I still have time to stay informed.

Did you miss the part where it said "Update 4/23"? If you look close, that's where you'll see the vendor info.

What is truly lame is that the rebels were camping the vendor and killing everyone last night and you couldnt get to the vendor if you wanted to. We tried. They should bring the vendor back because that event was not only annoying but slowed my game play down all around. It was a forced event that I didn't want to take part in and when I earned 99 dna samples from dying all over the place, I can't turn them in.

Customer service concern perhaps?

Wow!! Some people are totally clueless.

A. I guess that's me!! I don't spend time here reading/trolling the forums; bunch of whiners. So, I read the PATCH notes which stated. An end date has not yet been decided.

B. The person who has no idea that some folks work 24 hour call. The phone rings and I have to go. I can't say. Hold on while I get my stuff for this game. No, I log off where I stand and may not be back for a couple of days. And, if you have ever worked 24 hour call then you know it always happens when you have something going on.

Why did I horde my DNA samples? Because I wasn't for sure how I wanted to spread them out for may main 3 characters. I wanted to see how many I had first.

At the end of the day, your right and I'm wrong ... gheez!! We are just asking to leave the vendor around for a few more days.

Wow!! Some people are totally clueless.

A. I guess that's me!! I don't spend time here reading/trolling the forums; bunch of whiners. So, I read the PATCH notes which stated. An end date has not yet been decided.

I will give you this one. Although I (no excuse to me) didn't even realize the event was happening until a few days of it ending, knew about the end date from seeing a sticky here. As I said, Ill give you this one. Not everyone reads the forms or is on a populated enough server to hear about it from other players. The launcher graphic should show event news (starting, ending, etc)

B. The person who has no idea that some folks work 24 hour call. The phone rings and I have to go. I can't say. Hold on while I get my stuff for this game. No, I log off where I stand and may not be back for a couple of days. And, if you have ever worked 24 hour call then you know it always happens when you have something going on.

[/Quote]

Bioware, like the company you work for does not care about your personal life. Their schedule is their schedule and any statements to it otherwise are void. Simply because they don't matter. Hate to be mean but it is the truth. Every time they bring the servers down it screws my game play. Those hours are when I am able to play at all. But then again the same hard truth applies to me as well.

At the end of the day, your right and I'm wrong ... gheez!! We are just asking to leave the vendor around for a few more days.

As stated in many posts, The nature of the event would bring abuse to leave him there or anywhere immediately following. To leave him active would bread farming and then people would be complaining because they did not get to turn in their farmed after the event blood samples. It hasn't been 24 hours since it went down. Give it some time.

Edited by eatumup

I hung onto my samples because I wasn't sure what I wanted to get, and thought I had another day to obtain more and decide. I probably should have double checked the final date/time, but those people ascribing nefarious purposes to those who held onto samples are generalizing. Life happens, not all of us turned in our samples.

It would simply be nice if they brought back the vendor at some point. It's not like it would be unfair to those who already turned in their samples. Shrug.