im an assassin, and some how i am behind

joeshook

i am a level 38 assassin right now. i have gone through every planet that i need to and done all of the extra stuff on each planet that i saw, and did every mission i could find, besides the heroics and i still ended up being behind when i got to hoth. i started at hoth when i was a level 34. i have been able to get the class story done, but there are a few missions left by the starship graveyard that i am having a hard time with because i am supposed to be level 40 by the time i get there. also, i cant kill whats his face because i am not a high enough level. i have gone back to all of the planets now, and done as many of the heroic missions i could stand, and re traced my steps, but i am still two levels short! how did i dig myself this hole? how do i get out?

Strange. Bonus series on Balmorra takes you to 23/24 easily. Nar Shaddaa at least to 27, Tatooine to 29/30, Alderaan to 33/34, Back to Nar Shaddaa for the bonus series gives you another level or two, Taris is good for 2-4 Levels, Quesh is another 2 levels. Which drops you at around 39/42 when you start Hoth AND at lvl 40 the bonus series on Alderaan starts... I honestly can't imagine you ran out of stuff to do without missing tons of quests.

All this without doing a single H2 or H4 quest.

It is quite possible that you missed many quests due to being too low in level... retrace your steps again and visit all the speeder outposts and quest hubs on Tatooine/Alderaan/Taris and grab the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa.

Edited by Dantharghan

thats what i thought too, so i went back to each planet that i was on, and looked around for more stuff to do, and i saw nothing, being an assassin, i snuck past a lot (and i mean A LOT) of enemies. do you thing i lost that much experience by simply not fighting them? and i am going to go back again to check to see if i missed anything anywhere, just to make sure that i am not freaking out over nothing.

stealthing past mobs to get to end point of quest means u have missed a lot of bonus missions that are part of the main quest you would be on. although this would not explain the xp gap you are experiancing these bonus missions do give a lot of xp.

sometimes i felt to low lvl for a quest, eg 38 having to kill a lvl 40 elite boss. i would go pvp and do side quests. then bamn lvl 40 boss dead. pvp does give a lot of xp surprisingly and it helps if you do the daily as well.

on that note if you do try pvp for some xp try spaming the flashpoints while hanging out in the fleet.

Literally leveled in the last 4 days from 1-40 as assassin

1-16 korriban / drom kaas

16-19 balmorra (though for most part did the planet quest + class quest only)

19-25 nar shadaa, planet quest + class quest + all side quests + all heroic quests

25-30 tantooine + bonus series (all quest + heroics)

30-33 alderaan (did the planet quest + class quest only)

33-35 nar shaddaa bonus

35-38 taris + bonus series (all quest + heroics)

38-40 hoth (all quest + (not the heroics though)

and now just hit belsavis :)

Did you do the boni included in many quests (destroying or finding items, kill mobs, etc.). They give a lot of XP.

I was always ahead of the recommended level. I even started to leave quests intentionally after Alderaan as soon as I finished the Classquests on each planet (except I needed additional commendations).

thats what i thought too, so i went back to each planet that i was on, and looked around for more stuff to do, and i saw nothing, being an assassin, i snuck past a lot (and i mean A LOT) of enemies. do you thing i lost that much experience by simply not fighting them? and i am going to go back again to check to see if i missed anything anywhere, just to make sure that i am not freaking out over nothing.

YES!!

There should be a disclaimer for us stealthers because stalking past enemies obviously puts you in a disadvantage for experience. I had the same problem on Hoth, albeit not to the degree as you, but I quickly learned the stealth is meant as combat tool not a short cut through quest tool. Ultimately you only hurt yourself by avoiding combat.

Once I started to kill everything that moved, my leveling normalized even without the pvp or pve as an aid.

But it's not too late, change your attitude on quests and I think you well level fine from here on end.

Best of luck :):wea_03:

Edited by Targarion

Literally leveled in the last 4 days from 1-40 as assassin

1-16 korriban / drom kaas

16-19 balmorra (though for most part did the planet quest + class quest only)

19-25 nar shadaa, planet quest + class quest + all side quests + all heroic quests

25-30 tantooine + bonus series (all quest + heroics)

30-33 alderaan (did the planet quest + class quest only)

33-35 nar shaddaa bonus

35-38 taris + bonus series (all quest + heroics)

38-40 hoth (all quest + (not the heroics though)

and now just hit belsavis :)

That's scary dude. do you play this game like 12 hours a day?

Very strange indeed. Myself while leveling my Sorcerer (no difference in storyline or quest variation); I done all the quests on a planet (including bonus quests) before leaving, and also doing small amounts of PVP and Flashpoints here and there; and I managed to come out with Yellow Quests (on par with my level +-1), or even green quests on my new arrival to another planet.

Do you do any Flashpoints or PVP at all? That might be an issue. I think Bioware expect us to interact with players a bit more. Whether it be competitively or in a teambuilding environment.

I had this same problem on my Assassin in Nar Shaddaa. I went there ahead of the curve (level 22, rather than 20) but found very few missions on the map. I did all my class missions and the few side missions I was given, but only got a bout 1.5 levels there. Then I went to Tatoonie and was low level and getting beaten up a lot.

I went back to Nar Shaddaa and just wandered all over the sectors, looking for stuff to do. I found about another level+ worth of missions and did them. That was enough to put me back on track.

I had no problem finding plenty of missions on all the other maps so far. Nar Shaddaa, though, seemed really sparse for my Assassin. I use Stealth sparingly, too.

That is very strange. I've only just arrived on Quesh and Im level 40 now. I've done some PvP, some space missions and all quests including heroics and bonus series (apart from Alderaan as I let Elana Thul die hehe).

There must have been something you missed because I cant see the heroics axcounting for that much of a level disparity between the 2 of us.

I had the exact same problem on my operative. No problems with my sorc or warrior though.

My only theory is that all those mobs you skip by using stealth quickly add up to some serious xp. Any other class doesn't have the option to skip mobs as frequently.

I remember having a similar problem with my rogue and druid in the other game. I guess that's just how it is if you use stealth to liberally.

I actually stealth past mobs/skip lame "kill more rats" bonus missions on purpose with my Assassin, because it let's me do some PvP/flashpoints/space missions without blazing past the level range for the planets I'm on. It makes the game a bit more interesting for me than waltzing through content 5-10 levels ahead of the curve.

thank you for all of the ad vice guys, i am definitely going to do more pvp, and look back at planets to make sure i didnt miss anything, for all of my other characters, i dont think i can, nor will i skip bonus missions, or avoid mobs. i hope this all works. =]

YES!!

There should be a disclaimer for us stealthers because stalking past enemies obviously puts you in a disadvantage for experience. I had the same problem on Hoth, albeit not to the degree as you, but I quickly learned the stealth is meant as combat tool not a short cut through quest tool. Ultimately you only hurt yourself by avoiding combat.

Once I started to kill everything that moved, my leveling normalized even without the pvp or pve as an aid.

But it's not too late, change your attitude on quests and I think you well level fine from here on end.

Best of luck :):wea_03:

Why would they add a disclaimer? It's pretty obvious that if you walk past something instead of killing it, you won't get xp from it. Please try to use your brain while doing stuff during your day.

I didn't have this problem with my Assassin. While I did stealth a lot of the quests, the Assassin tank is so sturdy that I just did most of the Heroics on most planets multiple times until I had all the gear I wanted. In fact, I managed to avoid doing any quests other than the class line on Hoth, and hit 50 without finishing the Voss line or doing anything on Corellia.

Last night I finished up the main part of Tatooine on my Assassin and dinged 31 while doing it. I now have the bonus series to do, so I expect I'll be 33 before I leave the place.

As others have said: Don't stealth to avoid combat. In my experience my kill xp earned while doing the quests is at least 3x the quest reward, and the bonus quests you find from killing mobs while in the course of doing your quests is easily 50% of the final quest reward as well. Over time, this missed xp really adds up if you're just stealthing past everything and only killing the minimum necessary for the main quests.

IMHO, although you can sneak, we're not a stealth class, sneak is mostly for an opener, if you skipped a lot of trash, that's where you lose small amounts of exp over time that really adds up. Best thing to do is anytime you can kill something, just do it, atleast it won't surprise you later, and you have the tactical advantage of choosing when and how you want to fight.

i also find this to be a strange problem. i skipped a lot of content on every planet up until corellia where i did everything. before that i would leave a planet when i was 3 lvls lower than the recommended lvl of the next. any lower than that and i won't be able to get any missions, aside from the class quest, and i always had trouble hitting anything 4+ lvls higher than me because of their defense.

i did do about a dozen heroics and a few flashpoints along the way though. also i got my ship at lvl 11 with the help of guildies and started doing all the green or better space missions everyday. if you are having problems with space missions you either need a little more practice or better upgrades. cybertechs make the blue upgrades if i remember right. keep your ship stocked with the best ones for your lvl that you can afford and you shouldn't have much trouble.