Madness PVP?

Pinkspawn

It's very viable. I've been Madness since release and I love it. Even when I had centurion gear it was easy to push 300k damage, 30+ kills and single digit deaths. With Champion and BM gear those numbers only get better. I'd say the only thing that sucks about it is that once the other team sees an assassin they for some reason tend to think you're a Darkness tankasin and focus you. Once they realize you're not Darkness but instead a squishy, well they go for you anyway lol. Kiting is your friend.

10/3/18 is my favorite spec at the moment http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMcZhZcrcRrMkrc.1

lots of dps, high crit chance %, and good survivalbility with instant cast whirlwind and low CD stuns. (30 meters is very good for melee)

I usually death field > discharge > shock > thrash for Raze proc > crushing darkness > assassinate.

and honestly, and I might get flamed for this, I don't use spike at all in this spec, the first thing I want to do at melee range is thrash

edit: and maul whenever duplicity procs, which is a lot

Edited by Kasukua

Spike is only usable in stealth anyway unless your deep Darkness, and im not sure why you left Creeping terror seen as its a DoT and madness buffs your DoT dmg, and imo worth taking if your going to spend most of your points in madness but each to their own ofc :)

All in all tho if your looking for a hybrid spec try http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McrskMskZZf0cRrM.1

i think you will find that a little better i think.

but after trying every spec, more than once its either deep Madness or deep Darkness for me. being able to survive 2-3 waves whilest your defending or whatever you doing is awesome, getting alot of haters playing Darkness atm

Spike is only usable in stealth anyway unless your deep Darkness, and im not sure why you left Creeping terror seen as its a DoT and madness buffs your DoT dmg, and imo worth taking if your going to spend most of your points in madness but each to their own ofc :)

All in all tho if your looking for a hybrid spec try http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McrskMskZZf0cRrM.1

but after trying every spec, more than once its either deep Madness or deep Darkness for me. being able to survive 2-3 waves whilest your defending or whatever you doing is awesome, getting alot of haters playing Darkness atm

So I've heard that madness is good for PVP, also heard it's better than deception.

What do you think? Any response is welcome

Hardly better, they are about the same with a small edge to madness. Its fun you can put out alot of dmg if you get support. You die fast and you're utility is about avg.

If you like the playstyle go for it.

So I've heard that madness is good for PVP, also heard it's better than deception.

What do you think? Any response is welcome

I've been using it with my 30 assassin for about a week now. Survivability is pretty decent and I'm almost always o. The top of the warzone charts (when my team has a solid lead and I do t have to worry much about objectives). It's also a pretty solid leveling spec, haven't ran into any issues yet from not having any points in Obfuscation.

yea, i understand creeping terror and all, but i felt like that was too much focus into dots when they are so vulnerable from cleanses. and I went for more dmg, less self healing, so i felt like the last 3 points were a waste to be used elsewhere

I switch between full madness and full darkness a lot just love the damage on madness and the survival of darkness. Deception I feel damn squishy and no heals whereas madness and darkness both give a bit of healing to help out in a fight. Edited by LordbishopX

Madness is the king PvP spec if you want to dps...deception is garbage.

Madness 4 life! Any idiot can play a tank spec, that crap is for keyboard turners.

Oh you're that funny guy, ye madness takes "skill" rofl.

Well I was deception at first and didn't really fit how I play....then I rolled madness and it rocks....I always get in top 3 of dmg and kills for warzones.....I think it depends on how you play, I think you should try all 3 and get a feel for them

I can honestly say I am interested in darkness tree to see how it goes, I saw a lot of ppl said it is very good, but I have no clue about that to be honest

Edited by Laxusz

I play a lot of warzones as madness during the weekdays so I don't have to do so much respeccing for operations. Burst is not as high as Deception, but sustained damage is much much higher, you have more utility, survivability (self healing) and a ranged aoe internal damage attack (very useful for interrupt cappers) and damaging heavy armor classes.

yea, i understand creeping terror and all, but i felt like that was too much focus into dots when they are so vulnerable from cleanses. and I went for more dmg, less self healing, so i felt like the last 3 points were a waste to be used elsewhere

The main benefit of Creeping Terror is the 2 second immobilize that is not affected by Resolve. With a 30 yard range on the ability, you can use it to close distance or stop players in the fire or from getting away.

The main benefit of Creeping Terror is the 2 second immobilize that is not affected by Resolve. With a 30 yard range on the ability, you can use it to close distance or stop players in the fire or from getting away.

This.

Also, don't immediately write off DOTs because of cleanse. Why?

1) Healer has to notice the DOT on themselves or a teammate in the thick of combat.

2) Healer has to remember to cleanse.

3) Healer has to deem it worthwhile to spend a GCD on cleansing one (if not multiple) targets. Not always a clear decision given the fact that Lightning DOT has no cooldown and is relatively cheap. Yes, Creeping Terror has a cooldown, but the root is almost more useful than the damage anyway.

3a) If healer does deem it worthwhile, then that's 1 or more GCD in which he's not healing someone. There's subtle utility to that. PvP is neither 2 dimensional nor black and white.

This.

1) Healer has to notice the DOT on themselves or a teammate in the thick of combat.

3) Healer has to deem it worthwhile to spend a GCD on cleansing one (if not multiple) targets. Not always a clear decision given the fact that Lightning DOT has no cooldown and is relatively cheap. Yes, Creeping Terror has a cooldown, but the root is almost more useful than the damage anyway.

3a) If healer does deem it worthwhile, then that's 1 or more GCD in which he's not healing someone. There's subtle utility to that. PvP is neither 2 dimensional nor black and white.

Pretty much right with this one. Creeping Terror is worth it. Plus more dmg i can pull out to kill someone is worth it. Ive yet to see even great healers spend that GCD to cleanse in pvp. Most rather heal through then Cleanse it.

I've only recently spec'd madness (I'm usually deception), and although I'm still learning that spec, I definately see potential. As said, deception is very bursty, but you have zero survivability. Its all about getting your a kill or two before you die. Madness is more sustained dmg, and slightly higher survivability since dot crits heal you.

This.

I agree, with the damage increases and current balance...any healer wasting energy/force/heat on cleanse along with a global cool down is a healer I don't want on my team! Esp doing that to remove a single dot...talk about useless.

Oh you're that funny guy, ye madness takes "skill" rofl.

Takes plenty more skill than being a tank...stand around casting AoE and AoE taunt for medals. Seriously, when you're not squishy it's easier to manage at a slower pace.

Madness requires thought, positioning and intelligent use of defensive cool downs if you want to actually fight instead of sit in the respawn area the entire match. Our main scoring tank in our guild is a keyboard turner/clicker if that says anything. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kurfer