Anakin not the chosen one

Darth_Omega

Of course Anakin was the Chosen one........ In George's universe. But in the the Universe that contains the EU, i believe he was not.

Anakin could not have been the Chosen one because:

1. He fell to the darkside. He was supposedly created by the force to counteract against Plaguies and Sidious, and if he was then he should have only been filled with the light side of the force.

2. He destroyed the Jedi, followers of the Lightside. Surely that would not be the will of the force.

3. He did not bring balance to the force. Sidious survived and the sith survived. The conflicts of the force continued with Sidious, and after him, the One Sith.

In the movies universe he would be as he did destroy the sith, and that is where the story was supposed to end. But the EU conflicts with this too greatly, and ultimately he could not have been since the sith lived on and he did not bring balance to the force. (Balance in the force is when only the light side exists, GL said it himself)

This is of course my opinion, and I would like to hear all your opinions on this as well! :D

Sure he was. He was created by the Force itself, to counteract what Plaguies and Sidious had done. The Force wanted to restore balance, it made him I guess, and he was meant to restore balance, since the scale was tipped in the dark side's power.

Just because he fell to the dark side doesn't mean anything. In the end, just like with Caedus, he was his original self, a Skywalker.

Really though, I'd say that Luke would be more appropriate to be the Chosen One, since he defeated numerous Sith. But then again, so did many Jedi before him. And Luke wasn't born of the Force itself, so...

But the whole point of being the chosen one was to bring balance to the force, which is just the lightside, and according to the EU sidious survived. It's very true that Luke would have been a better candidate for the Chosen one

The force is not just the lightside, Anakin DID bring the Sith back to power after millenia of Jedi peace and prosperity.

Edited by JimNoonienSoong

But the whole point of being the chosen one was to bring balance to the force, which is just the lightside, and according to the EU sidious survived. It's very true that Luke would have been a better candidate for the Chosen one

Anakin did bring balance to the force the journey of how he did it doesn't matter as long as he completed it, that was the prophecy. There was a 2nd prophecy involving Luke, which is where he is the chosen one for that 2nd prophecy.

Just the lightside?:mad: Don't forget, he was the only one to be both Jedi and Sith for equal periods of time.

I understand that, but George Lucas himself said that balance meant only the Lightside existed. And this would have been true if the EU had not revived Sidoues and the Sith :)

Anakin did bring balance to the force the journey of how he did it doesn't matter as long as he completed it, that was the prophecy. There was a 2nd prophecy involving Luke, which is where he is the chosen one for that 2nd prophecy.

There was a second prophecy? I had never heard of that. And I'm not trying to say that Anakin is absolutely not the chosen one, just saying that the EU directly conflicts with him fulfilling the prophecy :)

I understand that, but George Lucas himself said that balance meant only the Lightside existed. And this would have been true if the EU had not revived Sidoues and the Sith :)

Where did he say that?

I think a balance would be the Light side being the norm, and the dark side working in the background, orchestrating things. But neither in power, controlling or directing the fate of the galaxy.

Balance to the Force in George's universe as far as we understand is the complete eradication of evil (the Sith) from the galaxy and allowing the focus of the Dark Side (Sidious) be eradicated from controlling the galaxy in his grip.

Anakin accomplished this (with the inadvertent influence of Luke) and destroyed the greatest evil the galaxy. Theoretically, you could say he also killed Darth Vader and resurrected himself with a sacrificial act to kill the evils that controlled the galaxy at large.

While there is definitely a light and dark side, the dark side cannot be dominant (although never stated outright to need to be nonexistent) and the light must not be oppressed.

That is what Lucas says and how he envisions Star Wars and is why most stuff post-episode 6 tend to lose interest in my eyes.

There was a second prophecy? I had never heard of that. And I'm not trying to say that Anakin is absolutely not the chosen one, just saying that the EU directly conflicts with him fulfilling the prophecy :)

Ya Bodo Baas's master foretold of his confrontation with Palpatine in a prophecy which would decided the jedi order's fate.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Where did he say that?

I think a balance would be the Light side being the norm, and the dark side working in the background, orchestrating things. But neither in power, controlling or directing the fate of the galaxy.

I don't remember. Just look it up on google or on wookiepedia i remember reading it somewhere. But in the movies it definately implies this as Anakin fulfilled his prophecy by killing the emperor.

Sadly it would make sense if the force was balanced that way, but Lucas' word is law in star wars. Also the dark side is the corruption of the force, not supposed to be used that way.

Balance to the Force in George's universe as far as we understand is the complete eradication of evil (the Sith) from the galaxy and allowing the focus of the Dark Side (Sidious) be eradicated from controlling the galaxy in his grip.

Anakin accomplished this (with the inadvertent influence of Luke) and destroyed the greatest evil the galaxy. Theoretically, you could say he also killed Darth Vader and resurrected himself with a sacrificial act to kill the evils that controlled the galaxy at large.

While there is definitely a light and dark side, the dark side cannot be dominant (although never stated outright to need to be nonexistent) and the light must not be oppressed.

That is what Lucas says and how he envisions Star Wars and is why most stuff post-episode 6 tend to lose interest in my eyes.

Exactly this.

I don't remember. Just look it up on google or on wookiepedia i remember reading it somewhere. But in the movies it definately implies this as Anakin fulfilled his prophecy by killing the emperor.

Sadly it would make sense if the force was balanced that way, but Lucas' word is law in star wars. Also the dark side is the corruption of the force, not supposed to be used that way.

Well, he fulfilled the prophesy meant to end Bane's Sith order, the most powerful to exist. By killing himself and his master, that order ended and the prophesy was fulfilled, subsequent Sith wouldn't even be able to match their might.

So I guess it was restored. It wasn't meant to be a permanent solution I don't think; there will always be evil and such... I just think the prophesy referred to Bane's Order.

When he was born, the lightside was in superior number, when he turn to the darkside he brought balance to the force, but because he was the most powerfull, and the emperor give the order to kill all the jedis the scale turn in favor to the darkside.

But in the end Luke manages to bring him back to the lightside and his Anakin that finally kill the emperor(not Luke) at the end his him that restores balance and carries out the prophecy.

All the movies are about Anakin life not his son

Nope.

When he was born, the lightside was in superior number, when he turn to the darkside he brought balance to the force, but because he was the most powerfull, and the emperor give the order to kill all the jedis the scale turn in favor to the darkside.

But in the end Luke manages to bring him back to the lightside and his Anakin that finally kill the emperor(not Luke) at the end his him that restores balance and carries out the prophecy.

All the movies are about Anakin life not his son

Well I think it's important to note the dark side's involvement. I don't exactly think the light side was superior during episode 1, since due to the last few Dark Lords, the Jedi had lost their ability to use the Force properly.

And then they opened a ripple in the Force, then they tampered with the Force itself, so it struck back by producing Anakin.

Why would there be a prophecy of restoring balance to the force if they would just return again and when he died Sideous was still alive? And i never said luke was the chosen one, i said he would be a better candidate.

You can never eliminate followers of the Dark Side without eliminating all Force users, I think.. So there would always be sith. As for Sidious, meh he returned as a clone, but Anakin still killed the original one, so he fulfilled the prophecy still.

You can never eliminate followers of the Dark Side without eliminating all Force users, I think.. So there would always be sith. As for Sidious, meh he returned as a clone, but Anakin still killed the original one, so he fulfilled the prophecy still.

True, but the clone nonetheless was simply a body for Sideous' essence, so he was still Sideous.

Theres no true sith after Sidious, theres just darkside users, or false/self proclaimed sith.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I always thought that Anakin being the chosen one was a misinterpretation of the prophecy, they thought that since he was the one strongest in the force that he had to be the chosen one. But in reality it was his son who brought balance into the force. Also if you like the EU doesn't Luke's way of teaching tend to have some areas of grey? Making it more balanced than say only Jedi being alive and no Sith to be found.

Of course Anakin was the Chosen one........ In George's universe. But in the the Universe that contains the EU, i believe he was not.

Anakin could not have been the Chosen one because:

1. He fell to the darkside. He was supposedly created by the force to counteract against Plaguies and Sidious, and if he was then he should have only been filled with the light side of the force.

2. He destroyed the Jedi, followers of the Lightside. Surely that would not be the will of the force.

3. He did not bring balance to the force. Sidious survived and the sith survived. The conflicts of the force continued with Sidious, and after him, the One Sith.

In the movies universe he would be as he did destroy the sith, and that is where the story was supposed to end. But the EU conflicts with this too greatly, and ultimately he could not have been since the sith lived on and he did not bring balance to the force. (Balance in the force is when only the light side exists, GL said it himself)

This is of course my opinion, and I would like to hear all your opinions on this as well! :D

And again someone who claims something and are really clueless.

George Lucas quote: Even when Anaking became Vader he was the chosen one.Up until the point were he killed Sidious are restored balance to the force.

Also

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

I always thought of the fact that Anakin going to the darkside and causing the rise of the Empire (wiping out the Jedi in the process), and then coming back to the lightside to kill Darth Sidious - and therefore leaving Luke as the last remaining (though poorly trained) Jedi was him bringing balance to the force.

I know that there is a whole world after the movies, which I haven't experienced properly but yea - this seemed like the story to me about bringing the balance to the force. Luke, though a Jedi, was very poorly trained - someone who didn't go through the whole hardship of being a Jedi. I like to think that makes him less than a proper Jedi. Also, following the six movies (which I am using to prove that Anakin was sill the chosen one no matter which way you think about it), Anakin killing himself completed that process for the balance. At least for what we were presented - All Sith were dead, and same with the Jedi.

And again someone who claims something and are really clueless.

George Lucas quote: Even when Anaking became Vader he was the chosen one.Up until the point were he killed Sidious are restored balance to the force.

Also

Thats the problem acording to EU he didnt kill Sidious lol.

Honestly EU conflict its called crapy writing and poor storyteling, they adds things and try to wrap things the way they can, in the name of squezing the franchise. That is why there is those conflicts between the EU and the movies and its novelizations for instance. George actualy dont care much about it, if it sells its all ok. he let the fanboys writers do things like they do.

Just my opinion though. I tend to ignore that part of EU lore because its crap, and indeed conflicts with everything in the movies, and i understand that was only created to sell more of the franchise. Nothing more.

IN the way its one of the reasons i like The old republic era, because its a totaly diferent scenario and cronology, they can made up what they want.

Anakin killing himself completed that process for the balance. At least for what we were presented - All Sith were dead, and same with the Jedi.
Yes that makes sense, but bringing Sidious back for the sake of the fanboys and to squeeze the franchise, only makes me dislike Star wars. Edited by Spartanik