The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I love my Shadow

KryptonCypher

I've kind of found it to be the most unique class in the game. I think BioWare did a fairly good job with the overall idea/direction of the class, I just wish we had a little more survivability (such as maybe letting us use Medium Armor)

I'm just absolutely in love with Stealth. It's gonna be so hard to play another class without Stealth from now on. I just love ninja'ing Objectives

I just wish we had a little more survivability (such as maybe letting us use Medium Armor)

no need really, with combat technique and skill tree bonuses out atmout tatin is almost the same as guardians.My guilds guardian tank who has more or less the same gear with me has 47% armour reduction while i have 42% , and he weras heavy armour. But i have better secondary stats like defense, shielding, much better resistances and self heal ofcourse. Don't forget that shadows gear has much more endurance. In full rakata set with rakata stim and trooper's buff you can have 25.5-26k hp (in pve gear). So we are real tanks i 'd say.

Been a ton of fun to level so far! Leveling my Sentinel was such a chore until I got Doc. Leveling a Sage was so easy I was laughing at times. Shadow on the other hand seems to be right in the middle. I feel more involved and stealthing past mobs I don't need is just great.

WZs have been a much different feel for me. I changed my play style to harass people. I find the people targeting someone else or low on health and just burst them down before they realize it and stealth right after. My killing blows are just ridiculous right now.

Coming from a Juggernaut, my shadow still fits my tanking mindset (kinetic tree) but feels like I'm able to dish out more damage and have more fun ... ninja-ing voidstar doors (2x so far) is just funny as I cant believe anyone would completely leave a door unguarded. My only regret is that fraps was not running at that time!

• 2 weeks later...
I've played a Guardian tank and a Gunslinger.

Recently, I rolled a Shadow tank.

I'm in love.

<3

I know how you feel, i recently rerolled from a dying server and left and 50 sage and 50 powertech behind. i have always been an altoholic, but not anymore, shadow is the first class that i dont feel like playing an alt with.

I know how you feel, i recently rerolled from a dying server and left and 50 sage and 50 powertech behind. i have always been an altoholic, but not anymore, shadow is the first class that i dont feel like playing an alt with.

In the same boat here. I just rerolled to the busiest EU PvP server with a mate (both as shadows) as the US server we were on is dead and the rest of the yanks in our guild that we rolled there for in the first place are gone. We're just in the 40's on them just now but i'm already finding it more fun than my other toons, it doesn't dish out nearly as much damage as my sent but i still enjoy playing it more for some reason.

I love my shadow so much I live in constant terror of what I feel is the inevitable nerf. Currently running Inf spec and amazed that as a mediocre and inexperienced level 2x player I can happily guard a node/turret and see 2 imps running towards me yet be confident in killing them both and keeping the objective regardless of their level. PvE is quite balanced though leaning towards the easier side now that I've got Theran but PvP seems a bit TOO fun to be fair to the people I'm stomping.

I love my shadow so much I live in constant terror of what I feel is the inevitable nerf.

I agree with this :( I'm always on top on almost every PvP with heaps of medals.. I'm really really scared....

Enjoy it while it lasts lol

I love my shadow. I rolled a sage first and got him to 33 during the headstart then decided to try a shadow. Since then I had issues rolling alts because I loved my shadow so much. It's the most fun class I've ever played in an MMo. I really enjoyed it in pvp but have had to take a break from the shadow recently. I started a scoundrel, a sentinel, and a vanguard. Reason? I want those class buffs for my shadow. :) sent finished chap 2 at 38, scoundrel I'm gonna try to finish at 36, currently 31. Vanguard is next.

A shadows reason to roll alts? Class buffs baby.

I just started on my WH gear on my shadow and i use to play as a tank but i have switched trees... i never thought i would coz i enjoyed the survivability is what a tank should be..

I really wanted to see what the damage was like and i have fallen in love with it... i group with a sentinal and guardian and another shadow we destroy everything in minimal time, its really fun.. the only think i dont like about it is that i cant kill some targets that have all their cds.