I'm not gonna finish my containment officer suit, am i?

Yettofall

Unfortunately, you won't be able to finish your suit. Even if you had an extra day, the next daily reward is chest or belt if I recall correctly...so you'd need 2 days just for that.

sniff... i could live w/o the helmet and/or belt, but really wanted the chest :(

sniff... i could live w/o the helmet and/or belt, but really wanted the chest :(

Don't cry.. I can't stand it when Jawas excrete salt-water through their tear ducts. :(

Edited by Freyar

Requiring 6 days on a 1 week event is pretty poor design in my opinion. It caters those who had the time every day, but isn't long enough to give the more casual folks a chance to realize the mechanic and work on it.

I played for 30+ hours this weekend, but no amount of effort on my own the way this was implemented could let me get the suit finished.

I really hope they take that into consideration and extend the event. By the time most folks realized the mechanic, it was too late to finish it.

Requiring 6 days on a 1 week event is pretty poor design in my opinion.

Where are you getting this 1 week nonsense? When this event ends it will have been going on for at least 2 weeks. I didn't start doing the quests till about 2-3 days into the event and i finished collecting all 6 pieces of the Containment Set several days ago.

The fact of the matter is that this was a limited time event and as such not everyone is supposed to be able to get everything available. At some point in the future there will be another similar event and maybe you will get everything and i will miss out on something, that's the way games work.

I do think they should put a blurb in the launcher on that front "Hit me!" page when you first pull the game up for these. That being said, if they do that and people still don't check the event out until the end, that isn't really BioWare's fault. They wanted it to be a short-time thing because there are already people complaining about the infection on the fleet and other planets.

To let it go out two full weeks might be a little overkill for a good portion of the player base.

I do think they should put a blurb in the launcher on that front "Hit me!" page when you first pull the game up for these. That being said, if they do that and people still don't check the event out until the end, that isn't really BioWare's fault. They wanted it to be a short-time thing because there are already people complaining about the infection on the fleet and other planets.

To let it go out two full weeks might be a little overkill for a good portion of the player base.

First of all, I have the full suit, so I'm not complaining about the time allowed for the event, however the event and plague is avoidable easily if you actually make an effort to do so. That being the case, they could very well have allowed this to last a full two weeks to give people a better shot at completing the set of armor and/or the title etc.

Requiring 6 days on a 1 week event is pretty poor design in my opinion. It caters those who had the time every day, but isn't long enough to give the more casual folks a chance to realize the mechanic and work on it.

You and I seem to have different definitions of "requiring". The gear is a nice bonus, you don't need any of it.

You and I seem to have different definitions of "requiring". The gear is a nice bonus, you don't need any of it.

You're arguing over semantics. The act of collecting the full suit does indeed 'require' the player to adhere to the mechanics of the event. He never claimed acquiring the suit was a necessity.

Now you're just being difficult. The word "required" was likely picked because doing the dailies for six continuous days was, in fact, required if you wanted a complete set of containment officer gear. We all realize the gear is not "necessary" to have, but it would be super nice to have a full set of kit instead of just most of it. Especially given the opportunity to get the pieces will likely never be in game ever again.

Even putting the gear up on the vendor for like, 50 to 100 samples for several days after the event has ended would be a wonderful compromise.