character LoD to high seems to have no effect

kinGTycoon

I play a few days, then I realize that my armor has very little detail. it is like the graphic designers draw those armor while they are sleeping, after some search, i find out everyone got this problem, is it solved or we have to wait for the BW cleaning its mass?

I play a few days, then I realize that my armor has very little detail. it is like the graphic designers draw those armor while they are sleeping, after some search, i find out everyone got this problem, is it solved or we have to wait for the BW cleaning its mass?

Set "character atlas" to high

Set "character atlas" to high

does not make that much difference. I have all my settings on highest and when 1.2 became live, did not see much difference when I did the highest char textures feature setting. Maybe a little bit better when you zoom in as far as you can on your char, but overall was disappointed with this feature.

Atlasting on high makes a massive difference. Characters will have about 95% of the detail they do in cutscenes with it on high.

BUT the game will still automatically reduce the atlasing if it's struggling (e.g. lots on screen) and it doesn't have to struggle that much for it to get reduced. It will reduce the detail of other players and NPCs and then your own character. So your system specs will effect it.

Edited by NasherUK

Atlasting on high makes a massive difference. Characters will have about 95% of the detail they do in cutscenes with it on high.

BUT the game will still automatically reduce the atlasing if it's struggling (e.g. lots on screen) and it doesn't have to struggle that much for it to get reduced. It will reduce the detail of other players and NPCs and then your own character. So your system specs will effect it.

Strange becouse the tooltip says "Adjust the texture atlasing of _your_ character model"

Strange becouse the tooltip says "Adjust the texture atlasing of _your_ character model"

It's not the only tooltip which is incorrect.

It effects all character models, assuming the detail isn't being reduced to maintain consistent performance.

Edited by NasherUK

Hmm, where did you get that info?

You can clearly see it working on all characters when enabled. It will, however, only do so many models at once. Right now it's really easy to test, just go to the fleet where everyone is trying to infect each other and move around a bit and you will see some of the models pop in and out of the higher resolution textures.

As far as people not noticing the difference or saying it does very little, that's ridiculous. The difference between it being enabled and not is pretty dramatic and extremely visible.

As far as people not noticing the difference or saying it does very little, that's ridiculous. The difference between it being enabled and not is pretty dramatic and extremely visible.

Might be that on slow systems it doesn't really kick in in the first place and that's why some see little or no difference.

Edited by Lundli

does not make that much difference. I have all my settings on highest and when 1.2 became live, did not see much difference when I did the highest char textures feature setting. Maybe a little bit better when you zoom in as far as you can on your char, but overall was disappointed with this feature.

from the information above, i only agree with this reply

You can clearly see it working on all characters when enabled. It will, however, only do so many models at once. Right now it's really easy to test, just go to the fleet where everyone is trying to infect each other and move around a bit and you will see some of the models pop in and out of the higher resolution textures.

Yhm. Ill check, tahnks.

• 1 month later...
okay, for anyone who is running off one of AMD's cards, more a Radeon card, u going to want to open up AMD VISION Engine Control Center, if u dont have it just go on AMD's website ull find it on there just download it, on that u will see a list on the left, open up "Gaming" and u want to go into "3D Application Settings", in there ull find "Mipmap Detail Level" (you may have to scroll down alittle) Turn that up and ull find the textures will have increased