Your technology needs help... lots of help... lots and LOTS of help. :(

GlowstickSwinger

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem is that this their first MMO.

They even mentioned they were not planning for large groups for pvp, and illum was a late addition.

Other games do indeed seem to handle load better, and seem to cause less stress on the system. However, I believe its mostly due to the specific engines that are better, and getting proper support from the driver manufacturer.

I have not seen Nvidia make any mention of swtor and how it improves performance. That is strange since this is a large game and they seem to not want to be associated with it.

Thing is I would bet somewhere inside BW they already know all about this. It is a matter of $$ and reputation that they do not acknowledge the problem.

And it goes to show how stupid we all are, or maybe just how desperate and helpless we are.

We see the problem, and we dont need them to admit it. However, them admitting it would mean they have to make it a top priority and be held against that.

So it seems they dont have any confidence that they can fix it in any specific time frame, and thus dont mention it.

And to compare to other MMOs such as GW2, it seems to perform well... and has chat bubbles.

Edited by VegaPhone

lol, my mate and I went out and spent $2k on a good computer that runs this game! the loading screen still takes a while by going planet to planet but i feel sorry to all the people out there that can't throw money around for a gaming computer.

u guys need to fix this bioware so more ppl can play this game without **** FPS cause my old computer was a good gaming computer but still if i didn't have the money i would have stop playing SWTOR.

i'm guessing most teenagers play this where parent's buy **** computers and they won't be able to run this game very well!

• 1 month later...

Have you noticed if you are running fullscreen (non-windowed) the graphic re-initialization time is not as quick as other games? You have to wait a few moments for the game to display the world, almost as if it has to reload everything.

I've noticed in other games (and recent and non-recent mmos) the re initialization time is much quicker.

I am curious why this is the case with SWTOR.

I found this extremy funny. I have played WOW. It sucked horribly, it is buggy and has many glitches yet people on here keep going on about it. WOW started with all the same problems as this game, this game is new give it time. Also i have a cheap ACER computer, and it never takes me a minute to load any planet,only 4gb DDR3 memory also, If this peice of crap can load this game fine, then any of your computers should be able to. If not try cleaning them or deleteing and uninstalling any other programs you dont use. As for the graphics, i saw someone praising WOWs. THEY LOOK LIKE PS1 GRAPHICS! This games low settings are way above their low setting, and does not push my computer at all, not sure why it would others.

I don't know what everything means, but yeah this game lags like crazy at times. The entire raid is experiencing the lag at the same time. CS tells me it's me and to check all kinds of crap. I've tried turning down so many settings and still no dice. I have no problem with other online pc games. It would be nice to not have a wipe caused by a lag spike.