Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I enrolled on a server with a light load earlier this week. Played for a good two days until it became queued up beyond an hour, went ahead and started over with a new character on a new server that showed light. Had to login an hour before wanting to play tonight, thought that would be sufficient, still had to wait.

Got on for one hour before the game locked on me, and guess what? Waiting in the queue again, and now I'm back here reading about the problems others are having and finally joining in the gripe fest myself.

I'm logging off for the evening. Don't have the patience or inclination to wait tonight, and I'm so disenchanted with the whole process I may just call it a loss and move on. Sucks because I really enjoy the game, but I have limited time to play and want to make the most of it and enjoy myself.

And I'm sorry, if this is how you treat your pre-order customers, the folks that actually give a rats *** and wanted to get in because they were so excited about it, I just don't buy that it's going to improve once the rank and file start logging in on the 20th - in fact I'd say I'm expecting it to get a lot worse.

Unreal, and Insanely Disappointed. This was my first forray into a MMO and I've loved it - WHEN I'VE BEEN ABLE TO USE THE PRODUCT I BOUGHT.

The only real way for the community to address this is to warn others who have not started playing yet. While you're waiting in the server queue, use the time to go on major retailers' websites and write SWTOR reviews detailing the problems we are experiencing and Bioware's failure to adequately address them. There's really no point in letting anyone else waste sixty dollars or more on a Christmas present that can't even be used.

Absolutely! Im spreading the word every chance I can. This is ridiculous.

Class Action

Honestly, I never post, nor gripe about stuff like this. I rolled on Swiftsure when it was 'normal' load. I can even live with a 20 min queue for now, It's early access, you guys are getting your stuff together. But I took 4 days off to play, and any time anything goes wrong and I get disconnected, I have to sit in this ridiculous 2-3 hour queue. REALLY?.... REALLY?!?!?!

This is a complete and utter failure at planning, and is completely indefensible.

1. Every character has a companion.
  2. The toughest content for current level characters is 4 toons
  3. Therefore in order to enjoy a zone/flashpoint/quest you need a minimum of 2 players
  4. That means a server needs to have ~100-500 players online to have a full population

If you have a queue exceeding 800+ players, you have completely failed at planning.

By forcing my guild onto an overpopulated server that I'm unable to login to play to, you have effectively denied my ability to play. Had we been allowed to create characters on any server we wanted, and then formed a guild there, the queue problem wouldn't be so drastic.

The epicness of this planning and design failure is certain to be a model for what not to do for all future massively multiplayer games.

Something needs to be done about this and fast.

Also, BW needs to create dedicated Oceanic servers. Having them pile onto W.Coast servers is only causing problems. Not that we don't love the Aussies.

mutiple people(mostly aussie's)have been asking for this but im not sure if they will do it before the game is released in aus which who knows how long that will be:(

I am not going to read 110 pages to see if someone already posted this suggestion.

This seems like a huge design flaw. In the early betas I had the impression that the number of servers was going to be limited to the number of different play types (RP, PVE, PVP, East Coast, etc) and that load balancing would be handled through planet instancing.

It would be a lot more fun if we had the opportunity to play with ANYONE you want like Eve-Online.

The balance would shift toward having a dozen servers and 500 planet instances of Hutta instead of what we have today.

Smooth is all well and good but I do not expect to have to wait on a server that you put my guild on. I would have thought that you would not have put to many players on a server that you yourself loaded.

This is unacceptable that I have to wait 30 minutes to get on to a server with my guild when I get home late in the evening.

Again unacceptable

I'm actually gettin sick of the people who dont understand that they will be increasing the server caps in due course........................... Due course being either at, or before 20th December

Thats funny because I'm getting sick of waiting in cues while they wait to increase the server caps..............................

Something needs to be done about this and fast.

Also, BW needs to create dedicated Oceanic servers. Having them pile onto W.Coast servers is only causing problems. Not that we don't love the Aussies.

You know, I said this 2 months ago and was basically laughed off by some SWTOR fan boys.

They SHOULD have released the game in Australia.

They SHOULD have flagged 2 pvp realms and 2 pve realms as Oceanic (not located servers here - just flagged a la WoW) and I guarantee the queue times this game is experiencing would be not have been a major problem.

Don't underestimate the amount of gamers here.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth;

While I understand the theory behind limiting the servers with the intention of filling the existing ones, obviously this doesn't apply here. Most servers are filled to capacity and have a ridiculously long queue. The only way to play SWTOR now is to log on to a "normal" capacity server and make a new character. Personally, I intended to level a character or two on one server, to keep in touch with my friends.

Tonight I tried logging onto "Mind Trick", watched a movie while I moved up the queue, finally got in... only to find the heavy population was causing enough lag that I couldn't even navigate doorways.

As previously stated here: please open new servers and allow character transfers. When you are limited to playing a couple hours a night (due to working for a living and such), an hour or two of queue is far too long.

Ajunta Pall

Full

Anchorhead

Full

Begeren Colony

Very Heavy

Belgoth's Beacon

Heavy

Black Vulkars

Full

Bondar Crystal

Very Heavy

Canderous Ordo

Full

Corellian Run

Full

Daragon Trail

Full

Dark Reaper

Full

Darth Bandon

Full

Darth Sion

Heavy

Davik's Estate

Heavy

Death Wind Corridor

Full

Dreshdae Cantina

Full

Firkrann Crystal

Standard

Giradda the Hutt

Full

Grand Master Zym

Full

Hedarr Soongh

Heavy

Helm of Graush

Full

Hyperspace Cannon

Full

Infinite Empire

Heavy

Iron Citadel

Full

Jedi Covenant

Full

Jung Ma

Full

Juyo

Full

Kaas City

Full

Kaiburr Crystal

Heavy

Kathol Rift

Standard

Keller's Void

Full

Kinrath Spider

Heavy

Krath

Heavy

Krayiss Obelisk

Standard

Krayt Dragon

Full

Lord Adraas

Full

Lord Praven

Full

Mandalore the Indomitable

Full

Mask of Nihilus

Full

Master Zhar Lestin

Full

Mind Trick

Full

Nadd's Sarcophagus

Very Heavy

Naddist Rebels

Very Heavy

Port Nowhere

Full

Prophecy of the Five

Full

Rakata Mind Prison

Very Heavy

Rubat Crystal

Heavy

Saber of Exar Kun

Full

Sanctum of the Exalted

Very Heavy

Shadow Hand

Full

Shien

Heavy

Shii-Cho

Full

Sith Meditation Sphere

Full

Sith Wyrm

Full

Space Slug

Full

Sword of Ajunta Pall

Full

Tarro Blood

Full

Terentatek

Very Heavy

Thana Vesh

Standard

The Constant

Heavy

The Corsair

Heavy

The Crucible Pits

Full

The Ebon Hawk

Full

The Fatman

Full

The Harbinger

Full

The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Full

The Shadowlands

Full

The Swiftsure

Full

The Twin Spears

Full

Veela

Full

Ven Zallow

Standard

Vornskr

Full

Vrook Lamar

Very Heavy

Vulkar Highway

Full

Wall of Light

Heavy

Warriors of the Shadow

Full

Wound in the Force

Full

Zaalbar

Heavy

American Servers only.

By my count. . .

Total Standard: 5

Total Heavy: 14

Total Very Heavy: 8

Total Full: 50

Total Not Full: 27

Around 2/3's of your servers are full. Out of that remaining 1/3rd around 1/3rd is stressed.

Red = Full.

Dark Orange = Very Heavy.

Yellow = Heavy.

Lemon Chiffon = Standard.

In the time it took me to make this list at 6:15 PM PST till 6:40 PM PST I moved from queue 111 to queue 2. I started at queue over 600.