Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

WH set for pyro

Ishly

As all pyro i have eliminator bm set, but wh eliminator set have bad stats - more endurance and accuracy, then combat tech.

So what more important for pvp dps - 15%rail shot crit or better power\surge\aim stats?

As all pyro i have eliminator bm set, but wh eliminator set have bad stats - more endurance and accuracy, then combat tech.

So what more important for pvp dps - 15%rail shot crit or better power\surge\aim stats?

Well you're not going to lose the 15% crit in WH. WH PvP bonus is roughly 4%. So if your mods on your BM gear outweigh that 4%? And you can always use some of PvE mods on the WH set.

lol why i need use pve mods w\o expertize?

If you are asking for advice, dont LOL at someone who is trying to help, even if you dont find their advice worthwhile.

Switching out the +25expertise mods on BM is not such a loss considering what you would gain. Changing 5 mods, you'd lose 125expertise which is negligible if you can still be around 1000expertise.

My plan is to collect a full eliminator set. Then a full combat tech. Keep the eliminator armoring for the 15% crit on Rail. Mix and match mods and enhancements from 2 sets.

I do not think I want to drop all accuracy, rail shots that miss do 0 damage.

Yes Eliminator>Combat Tech for full Pyrotech. Even with the PPA nerf you still rely on RS procs for burst. There may no longer be the lucky consecutive proc chains but almost every kill is going to have 1 or 2 RS's in there.

You simply cannot ignore RS because of its relatively low downtime & raw damage.

Yes Eliminator>Combat Tech for full Pyrotech. Even with the PPA nerf you still rely on RS procs for burst. There may no longer be the lucky consecutive proc chains but almost every kill is going to have 1 or 2 RS's in there.

You simply cannot ignore RS because of its relatively low downtime & raw damage.

^

And considering Rocket Punch doesn't hit much harder (very little for me) than the Flameburst/CGC Tick attack you should only be using it to proc Rail Shot. (or at least have a good chance). The RP crit bonus is nice for AP/Shield but for Pyro it's pretty lackluster

^

And considering Rocket Punch doesn't hit much harder (very little for me) than the Flameburst/CGC Tick attack you should only be using it to proc Rail Shot. (or at least have a good chance). The RP crit bonus is nice for AP/Shield but for Pyro it's pretty lackluster

Yes... I'm sad panda b/c before I was full pyro I was buying tech set...and continued after the switch without thinking... I want to hurl at the wasted WZ comms I have spent... I guess on the bright side I'll have extra mods to use as I buy Eliminator stuff... Which isn't an issue b/c I'm just V57 atm and by the time I can use WH Aug set I'll have all the eliminator stuff i need.

As people already said Eliminator > combat for full Pyro, but if you are like me and usually go ST (for raids/FPs) or tries out AP once in a while. Combat Tech is better, you don't lose that much, and IMO the .5 sec increase to carbonize is hugely under-rated.

While combat tech might be better for ST builds, the 0.5 sec increase to carbonize is actually rather bad. It makes your grapple + carbonize resolve cap people, whereas without the 0.5 sec increase you could grapple + carbonize + electro dart them before resolve capping. This is highly inconvenient for when you're trying to peel for caps and putting people in acid pits. The negatives of that bonus far out weigh the positives as 0.5 sec longer stun is hardly noticeable while restricting what you can pull off.

While combat tech might be better for ST builds, the 0.5 sec increase to carbonize is actually rather bad. It makes your grapple + carbonize resolve cap people, whereas without the 0.5 sec increase you could grapple + carbonize + electro dart them before resolve capping. This is highly inconvenient for when you're trying to peel for caps and putting people in acid pits. The negatives of that bonus far out weigh the positives as 0.5 sec longer stun is hardly noticeable while restricting what you can pull off.

I dont agree. The scenarios that you speak of amount to very few moments in a WZ. Most of the time you carbonize in the beginning of combat and stun towards the last 30%health. You're assuming carbonize is a 1v1 use. That extra .5sec could mean the difference between your teammate finishing planting a bomb/capping a turret OR getting interrupted from multiple foes. Also reducing the cooldown of determination is another huge bonus on teh 2pc.

Edited by Agooz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.