LVL 34 Sith Maurader

mr-wolfman

I'm a lvl 34 sith maurader and im using Jaesa Wilsaam as my companion, I feel like im getting butt kicked way to often. I was using Vette till I defeated Jaesa and some things are easyier but I feel like I'm having to much diffaculty and my DPS sucks ( I was never any good when I played WOW either ) I was lvl 33 before I could beat Jaesa so I dont know what my problem is. What should my approx.armor rating be sitting at right now?

Ive done pretty well being able to deal extra damage, I usually run into problems fighting the elite droids and stuff like that, I dont usually have problems with bosses. I got stuck for a bit trying to kill the sand demon and it took me a little while to defeat Jaesa. Oh yeah I miss a subscription cause I was busy with work and the admins ganked my founder status and reset all my skill points. I didnt realize Melavi Quinn was a healer maybe I'll try that out.

Thats what I've been figuring but it doesnt seem like I'm getting very many drops and the occasional good piece of armor or weapon after a major mission and I dont get very many accomondations to buy that kinda gear either.

Having leveled a Sith Marauder with Jaesa myself i can offer some winning advice.

1) Once you have your threat dump you attack all mobs first, before that Companion

2) Ensure you pull threat off companion before they die (some dps is > no dps)

3) use Med pack early, cuz if you fight long enough you can get 2nd at times.

4) learn your rotation, 2x dps teams require alot more skill than tank + heals or dps + heals setups.

5) keep you and Jaesa in minimum green level mods in orange gear to stay decent viable.

6) BUY HILTS, for both of yous, should always have min last planets (and even current planet should you reach that point) higher blue hilt. As Marauder you'll have to buy Guardian one and forcewalker for Jaesa, yes its stat drop but its weapon dps + and ive found thats >

7) If you are Artifice blue min hilts at all time, purple is icing on cake.

Just get used to using both health bars to max, your's and companions.

don't forget that since you're a damage dealer class and you're pairing with a damage dealing companion your strategy for the fights is to kill things before they kill you.

Against multiple mobs, ideally Jaesa should go in first and aggro a the mobs, you jump in and take two or three on yourself with a smash, then focus the one that Jaesa is hitting in order to reduce their numbers as fast as you can while spreading the damage you are receiving between you and Jaesa.

Against a single strong mob, again Jaesa should go in first so she takes a few hits, then as your damage outgrows hers, you will take back the mob's aggro so she will act as a health buffer.

Against a strong plus a weak mob, send Jaesa first on the weak, so that she aggros both the strong and the weak, you both target and kill the weak quickly.

This general rule works also when you're in groups / flashpoints, as a damage dealer you should always target the weaker mobs first.

Don't forget to use your droid immobilizing move whenever possible this is really useful!

Sorry if I spelled things you already knew, as it's difficult to assess your level of knowledge of the game. Good luck!

why dont you use the second companion that you got the healer. havnt hit 30 on my juggernaught yet but i just got him i havnt died since.

Because Malavai can't keep up with the ammount of damage a marauder takes.

You should be fine using Jaesa provided you keep your gear relatively up to date along with her gear, send her to attack first & then unleash as much dps as quickly as possible.

Using Jaesa can be just as viable. Just make sure to help her out by using abilities such as predation and obfuscate. Especially on hard elites, use Obfuscate and force choke.

Force choke is a damn good ability to allow both you and your companion to take a break from damage.

Another way is, go in first, get the agro, when you are low, uses force camo so that the agro goes back to Jaesa. This should work nicely even if you don't keep Jaesa's gear very updated.

Because Malavai can't keep up with the ammount of damage a marauder takes.

Absolutely WRONG.

Keep your gear and Quinn's gear on par and you will not die unless you pull double elites 3 levels above you.

With Quinn, you should have no problem taking out Champions 2-3 levels above you.

Gear from quest rewards are perfectly fine until you get into your late 40's and 50 when you will be in fully modded Orange gear throughout.

With Quinn by ur side u can tear apart the entire galaxy, i almost never die using this amazing healer, but im always upgrading his gear, im just as focused on his gear as i am on my own.

Do u know that u can upgrade ur old orange items just by putting new mods (gems) in then ? i got the chestpiece im wearing now at lvl 35 at lvl 13 or so i kept it bcuz it looks awesome.

Get them mods !!!

Not sure what your doing wrong.

Got a 33 Marauder and been wondering since I rolled one why ppl always said lvling one was not easy before lvl 40.

I use Malavai exclusively and i pawn!, I seriously go tru packs of mobs my lvl like a cyclone, sure I loose enough hp but Quinn does enough healing to keep me up.

Also I noticed recent that Quinn's healing stance wasn't enabled for some reason and I'm sure I didnt click it.

Make sure his "Med Watch" stance is on.

Again, no problems for me with Quinn as 33, oh and I spec Carnage wich I think is super atm.

Edited by chainless