The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

I'm not saying there is, I'm saying it's amazing how many posters here actively don't want people to come back. :eek:

Nor want changes to the game to encourage that.

Quite clearly the Bioware devs and EA accounts WILL want people to come back and will do what they can (and are - look at 30 days free).

Again you are taking people words and twisting them. Yes we would want people to come back. No they aren't going to spend millions to do it. Maybe the game just isnt for everyone?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying there is, I'm saying it's amazing how many posters here actively don't want people to come back. :eek:

It's amazing to me, too. "There's not enough players on my server, so I'm going to quit and get others to quit, too!" Umm... talk about being part of the problem...

The game currently has about 1.7 million subscribers and growing everyday. Not only have they expanded into APAC but also into the middle east and numerous other countries. We will find out more in May but I would guess the population has grown to over 2 million by now.

I would think so, too. Look up "churn". BioWare has lost subs, but gained more. That's "churn".

I advise you again, to re-read my posts.

I have several times on this topic stated that I enjoy playing the game.

But I do not want to SUPPORT the company behind it with my money. Right now, they gave me free access for their game in 30 days. I'm using it well since I like the game. But once the 30 days are over, I won't give them one more penny.

I'm eating the food because it's free and delicious, but I'm not paying for it therefore not supporting the company behind it.

That's the point, do you understand it now?

And addressing people with "dear" is nothing but common courtesy in my country and culture, it's not disrespectful.

Therefore, dear Taoretas I advise you to understand what I write and stop asking looped-questions when I've already answered them.

Thank you.

Depends on where you live right? Everyone lives in your country and shares your culture, right : )

I don't think you know how basic economy works if you think that using thier "free" game time does Not support the company, thats actually hilarious.

No you haven't stated that you enjoy the game, not the slightest; you do now so I guess since the first post on this topic you've change of hearts? That's swell.

You should maybe rethink what the frase "Enjoy" means.

Ask Bioware. You are mistaken tho it does say recurring on my account and I use gametime cards to pay.

I just looked at mine it says "recurring" too, even though it's "cancelled" (it's not actually cancelled, of course, I just do what many MMORPG vets do and cancel between billing cycles to avoid issues where MMO companies can bill your card in error).

I imagine it says recurring on everyones so long as there is gametime left.

So I stand by what I said before. :)

I just looked at mine it says "recurring" too, even though it's "cancelled" (it's not actually cancelled, of course, I just do what many MMORPG vets do and cancel between billing cycles to avoid issues where MMO companies can bill your card in error).

I imagine it says recurring on everyones so long as there is gametime left.

So I stand by what I said before. :)

The point was there should be a flag when you hit the cancel button that disables the forum access only not access to the entire game. You said that was impossible with gametime cards. I say there is no reason it shouldnt be possible because the game knows when you hit the cancel button. So I dont get why you stand by what you said before. It was not correct.

"Recurring", in this instance, is a declaration of intent from the subscriber. Game card numbers have to be entered manually every month, or for as often as the game card is purchased for.

Also, if it's a 3-month game card, it's technically "recurring", as it's a monthly stipulation.

Yeah I just looked at mine.

Basically if they did what was said, no game card customers would ever have access to the forums, like I said orginally.

The point was there should be a flag when you hit the cancel button that disables the forum access only not access to the entire game. You said that was impossible with gametime cards. I say there is no reason it shouldnt be possible because the game knows when you hit the cancel button. So I dont get why you stand by what you said before. It was not correct.

You don't cancel with a gamecard it just runs out (it says recurring for everybody with game time), which means gamecard players would never have any forum access under his system (which is what I said in the first place and you said wasn't true :rolleyes:)

Look you were wrong, just deal with it. :)

Edited by Goretzu

It's amazing to me, too. "There's not enough players on my server, so I'm going to quit and get others to quit, too!" Umm... talk about being part of the problem...

That's people quitting and being bitter.

I'm talking about people "saying" they love the game but wanting anyone that doesn't to quit (and never come back) - which is strange because if they do "love" the game you should want it to have as many people playing it as possible for the best experience.

Again you are taking people words and twisting them. Yes we would want people to come back. No they aren't going to spend millions to do it. Maybe the game just isnt for everyone?

Everything costs money, do you think bug fixing is "free"?

You either want them to try and get people back or you don't, which is it?

Personally I think they should be doing everything in their power to encourage people that have quit to come back (and more importantly stay when they do).

You don't cancel with a gamecard it just runs out (it says recurring for everybody with game time), which means gamecard players would never have any forum access under his system (which is what I said in the first place and you said wasn't true :rolleyes:)

Look you were wrong, just deal with it. :)

Haha I was wrong huh? You said gametime cards are not recurring you were proven wrong and now you wont admit it? Wow man come on. We have already proven you were 100% wrong with your assumption gametime cards are not considered recurring. You can cancel your membership even if you have a gametime card attached.

Haha I was wrong huh? You said gametime cards are not recurring you were proven wrong and now you wont admit it? Wow man come on. We have already proven you were 100% wrong with your assumption gametime cards are not considered recurring. You can cancel your membership even if you have a gametime card attached.

No I said:

Two major problems with that (ignoring that I'm not sure they can cut you off from support for game time you've paid for):

1. Game card customers would never have any access to the forums.

2. Bioware need to understand what will make people stay (or not leave), a lot of the reasons are the same again and again and are fixable.

You said they were recurring and therefore gamecard customers would have access.

When I've checked it seems that everyone is "recurring" while they have game time left (even with "cancelled" accounts), so again gamecard customers would never have any forum access under his system (as I said).

You can't be much more wrong, I'd give up now. :p

Edited by Goretzu

No I said:

You said they were recurring and therefore gamecard customers would have access.

When I've checked it seems that everyone is "recurring" while they have game time left (even with "cancelled" accounts), so again gamecard customers would never have any forum access under his system (as I said).

You can't be much more wrong, I'd give up now. :p

You are 100% wrong tho. They absolutely would up until the card ran out unless they clicked cancel beforehand. You keep saying the sky is orange I say its blue and you say I dont care I say its orange and therefore it is orange.

That's people quitting and being bitter.

I'm talking about people "saying" they love the game but wanting anyone that doesn't to quit (and never come back) - which is strange because if they do "love" the game you should want it to have as many people playing it as possible for the best experience.

Well...true, to an extent. I have a 10-year-old son. And let me tell ya, when he goes on a whining spree, he gets sent to his room until he can better communicate what his issue is, without the whining.

The last thing I want is to try to enjoy myself in a game and hear more whining.

You are 100% wrong tho. They absolutely would up until the card ran out unless they clicked cancel beforehand. You keep saying the sky is orange I say its blue and you say I dont care I say its orange and therefore it is orange.

You're never not "cancelled" on a gamecard. It's basically the same as buying X months of gametime on a card and then cancelling it (which wouldn't have any forum access under his system either).

You don't understand this? :eek:

Or to put it in a way you might understand, the only people that would have forum access under his system would be those paying by debit/credit card set to automatically resub. :csw_yoda:

Edited by Goretzu

So to clarify debate on a couple of issues , active subscribers,

....... the industry standard for active subscribers. It's anyone paying a subscription or playing on an active prepaid timecard and those who have registered to play and are still in their trial subscription period.

and ongoing subs needed to make a noticeable profit ,

1 million subs would be meaningfully profitable, but nothing to write home about

For some, it's anger fueled by petulance. I swear, I've rarely seen such virtual-foot-stomping. I've been pretty torqued about a couple gaming purchases over the years myself but I would be embarrassed to behave as some of the folks around here have. Guess that's why 'Net anonymity is so tempting but doesn't work for me, I still have to look in the mirror. :)

Well as I said a great deal of it is motivated by EA hate, and I understand what we are seeing here is not reality; very few actual players post here, if they have free time they are playing not posting . I post while waiting for something to render or a database to become ready. Most of the hate machine post twelve to sixteen hours a day which is both sad and pathetic .

It's like my good friend who manages our local Gamestop said;

" I stopped considering official forums valid when the first person walked up to my counter with six boxes of EQ2, I asked him if he was a multi boxer and he said no he just hated SOE and liked to Troll forums."

The good news is developers know this too, and that's why they take these forums with a huge grain of salt.

It's anger driving them and rightfully so

No

I have been angry at an MMO I have paid for, I canceled my subscription and went on to other things.

I didn’t announce to the world that I am quitting ( I am not delusional to think that others give 2 cents what I do )

I certainly didn’t post on their boards trying to entice others or even advise others to quit, ( what in the world would be my personal incentive to do that, it is insane )

And I didn’t waste a moment of my time posting on the boards of a game I was not currently playing

Oh no... there are other factors involved here

They either have an interest in trying to get others to quit

Or they have a psychological complex thinking they can bend others, either players or a software company to their will.

I personally could care less about the opinions of either of those categories.

You're never not "cancelled" on a gamecard. It's basically the same as buying X months of gametime on a card and then cancelling it (which wouldn't have any forum access under his system either).

You don't understand this? :eek:

Or to put it in a way you might understand, the only people that would have forum access under his system would be those paying by debit/credit card set to automatically resub. :csw_yoda:

Again you are wrong lol. They would unless they hit cancel subscription. Which the CAN do with a gametime card lol.

No

I have been angry at an MMO I have paid for, I canceled my subscription and went on to other things.

I didn’t announce to the world that I am quitting ( I am not delusional to think that others give 2 cents what I do )

I certainly didn’t post on their boards trying to entice others or even advise others to quit, ( what in the world would be my personal incentive to do that, it is insane )

And I didn’t waste a moment of my time posting on the boards of a game I was not currently playing

Oh no... there are other factors involved here

They either have an interest in trying to get others to quit

Or they have a psychological complex thinking they can bend others, either players or a software company to their will.

I personally could care less about the opinions of either of those categories.

It is ego. They think they are important. It happens in all official forums. A developer here even stated it not too long ago. Everyone on the forums thinks everyone is like them because...well... they are. Forums are filled with people who are normally not on their first mmo and they think they are more important than someone who this is their first MMO. The forums represent a small demographic in the larger game. I know people who use the forums for their own personal sounding board dont want to hear this but its fact.

Again you are wrong lol. They would unless they hit cancel subscription. Which the CAN do with a gametime card lol.

Yes you can click on the cancel button all you want, so can I with an already "cancelled" account, but that doesn't matter because all you are doing is clicking a web page button. :D

Because there's no difference from Biowares end between a cancelled credit/debit card account and a gamecard account - under his system.

I really cannot explain it in more simple terms, I'm sorry but you're just plain incorrect.

Edited by Goretzu

Well as I said a great deal of it is motivated by EA hate, and I understand what we are seeing here is not reality; very few actual players post here, if they have free time they are playing not posting . I post while waiting for something to render or a database to become ready. Most of the hate machine post twelve to sixteen hours a day which is both sad and pathetic .

It is quite a different perspective than mine. If I dislike something, last thing I want to do is, well, wallow in it. The desire to hang around, post bitterly and assert that "by gawd, I paid for this time so I am going to YELL 'til my time is up" is most bemusing to me. And over a GAME. I don't even want to know how they might carry on over something, y'know, important.

It's like my good friend who manages our local Gamestop said;

" I stopped considering official forums valid when the first person walked up to my counter with six boxes of EQ2, I asked him if he was a multi boxer and he said no he just hated SOE and liked to Troll forums."

The good news is developers know this too, and that's why they take these forums with a huge grain of salt.

That is, well, pathological. Or, they're bein' paid. Well, I guess it shouldn't surprise me, gaming is big business and that never is without some scruffy behaviour.

Yes you can click on the cancel button all you want, so can I with an already "cancelled" account, but that doesn't matter because all you are doing is clicking a web page button. :D

Because there's no difference from Biowares end between a cancelled credit/debit card account and a gamecard account - under his system.

I really cannot explain it in more simple terms, I'm sorry but you're just plain incorrect.

I can you don't know what your talking about so you keep talking in circles. He said to simply add a thing that when you click cancel it removes your forum access regardless of whether you have time left or not. The game doesnt care how you pay.

So lets hear it, what would it take (for those that aren't sure or maybe have already cancelled) to bring you back?

For me, they would need to make the worlds feel more accessible. I got tired of hitting exhaustion areas, invisible walls, red barriers, caves meant for another class etc. Almost all the buildings you see have no access. Seeing npcs sit in chairs, play games, lean against poles etc just made my character feel like a tourist and not an actual part of the game world. Wish my character could do those things. Also, the worlds never change time of day and the creatures barely move. There aren't very many little things like critters, bugs, leaves falling, stuff moving around. It sort of feels like the game is on pause as I move through it.