1.3 eta?

ViciousFett

Have any devs given any status reports on 1.3? I read that they were going to roll out patches on a more regular basis after 1.2, but I don't know that means 1.3 next, or 1.2.1, 1.2.2, etc....

Really eager to get access to the other legacy perks, and ranked PVP matches!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how 1.2 just came out, you won't hear anything about 1.3 soon. The safest unoffical bet would be 1.3 will hit late June or early July. Every 2-3 months is pretty standard for content updates on MMO's.

Bioware has been repeatedly stated that delta_t(1.2, 1.3) << delta_t(1.1,1.2).

1.1 came out around January 11th or so, and 1.2 came out almost exactly 3 months later. If they're serious about that, then I would expect early to mid June.

Edited by Seront

With Diablo 3 coming out in less than a month and GW2 rumored to be out in late June they really need to have 1.3 either in may or june to fight off people leaving for those games and trust me i am sure many people will.

I highly doubt those games will hold a lot of people. Diablo 3 is not really an MMO, and is more themepark than SWTOR, with the only exception of randomly generated maps, but overall the same quests. GW2 is going to have less frequent updates, due to the fact that there is no active subscription, and less income to fund a large group of developers. They both will be flavor of the month, good for a few weeks, but then all the content available will be tackled and people will come back to the 'other game' because more people will be here, and newer content will be added here.

I highly doubt those games will hold a lot of people. Diablo 3 is not really an MMO, and is more themepark than SWTOR, with the only exception of randomly generated maps, but overall the same quests. GW2 is going to have less frequent updates, due to the fact that there is no active subscription, and less income to fund a large group of developers. They both will be flavor of the month, good for a few weeks, but then all the content available will be tackled and people will come back to the 'other game' because more people will be here, and newer content will be added here.

You do know that Diablo 2, despite being 12 years old, still has a huge amount of people playing and was still one of the top 10 selling games in 2010. While it is not a MMO, it will still break sales records because millions upon millions of people have been die hard Diablo fans for 16 years. You must be pretty new to pc gaming to call Diablo 3 'flavor of the month'...

You do know that Diablo 2, despite being 12 years old, still has a huge amount of people playing and was still one of the top 10 selling games in 2010. While it is not a MMO, it will still break sales records because millions upon millions of people have been die hard Diablo fans for 16 years. You must be pretty new to pc gaming to call Diablo 3 'flavor of the month'...

A lot of players in my guild - especially the younger ones - don't share this. I for one will take a week off and do nothing but eat pizza, not sleep enough and play D3 till I can't keep sitting up straight ... just for all the fun and memory of Diablo 2!

With Diablo 3 coming out in less than a month and GW2 rumored to be out in late June they really need to have 1.3 either in may or june to fight off people leaving for those games and trust me i am sure many people will.

Nothing BioWare does is going to keep people from going to GW2. Those people have already made up their minds. The best thing BioWare can do is continue to work on things to improve SWTOR, and not rush anything out the door just to beat a competitor to release.

That's what I figured, but I remember reading that they were planning on having more regular monthly patches. We'll see I guess.

I too thought there was some official word about more regular content updates (and once a month is what I remember too).

Anyone have a link for that?

I too thought there was some official word about more regular content updates (and once a month is what I remember too).

Once a month is too frequent. Every Quarter is much better.

Part of reason lots hated Rift. They did monthly lots could not keep up with it.

Nah... just that it's not an end all be all game. People will play Diablo 3, but they wont permanently stop whatever else they are playing.

Agree with that. Diablo 3 is a RPG so most will just play it to the end then stop. A few will do the Multiplayer option longer.

GW2 is going to have less frequent updates, due to the fact that there is no active subscription, and less income to fund a large group of developers. They both will be flavor of the month, good for a few weeks, but then all the content available will be tackled and people will come back to the 'other game' because more people will be here, and newer content will be added here.

GW2 has openpvp....bioware at the moment has zip for openpvp...with openpvp you can make you own freakin content. :) Live by the sword die by the sword. Bioware "will" feel the hurt in subs when GW2 goes live.

You are correct, I will not go through the trouble of finding a link though. Main dev said it, now that 1.2 is out smaller content patches will role out regularly and a "massive" patch like 1.2 will be further down the line.

Man you have no *********** clue what you are talking about. Do you know how many updates they did with GW1? Evidently you don't. And it was almost the same exact business model. The difference is that GW2 has an actual cash shop.

Edited by Zoggel
Filter evasion

Nothing BioWare does is going to keep people from going to GW2. Those people have already made up their minds. The best thing BioWare can do is continue to work on things to improve SWTOR, and not rush anything out the door just to beat a competitor to release.

+1 for this. I always smile and shake my head when I see people talking about GW2 like it's the coming mmorpg messiah. What they say about Diablo 3 is even funnier. It isn't even an mmo. Games like Diablo and The Elder Scrolls series are a lot of fun, but aside from being RPGs, they're a completely different type of game. People will play Diablo 3 for several days, burn through all the content and go back to playing an mmorpg. Let me add that I've been wasting time playing games for several years and I've played all the games mentioned on this thread (except for GW2. I played GW.) when they were the hottest thing.

Edited by Aeriese

The difference is that GW2 has an actual cash shop.

Oh you're right there. They are allowing people to buy in game money. I saw the model for it, and recently had it totally forgotten. I don't want to play a game that is pay to win.

I did play GW for a while, but overall I did not stop playing whatever else was on the menu. It was a nice side dish.

Edited by monkgryphon