So Strength vs Power

DarthVillain

So i did some math yesterday. I was at 1460something before I dawned my Crit crafted War Hero Gear with Augment slots......... according to the math I was getting .2 Bonus Damage increase to melee per point of Strength.

After I slotted my gear with Augments and transfered my mods over from my BM gear I was sitting at 1534...... but my bonus to melee was .19........................................................................ There is apparently a DR on STR at 1500.

Importance of this is if you chose to spec heavily into STR your screwing yourself. Power augments only.

Two reasons. If your bonus melee damage is getting nerfed by str then ppl who use carnage are not benefitting. They would benefit more from Power because power increases melee bonus damage by .25 percent per point.

Str Rating / str bonus percent = increase per point str

Power rating / Power bonus percent = increase per point power

I encourage everyone to do this with their main stat and their power stat to see how much more effective stacking power is over Str. The increase is crit from STR is not significant enough and you get more than enough crit on your gear already.

Check it out

Actually going all +18 strength augments shouldn't be bad at all instead of +18 power. The formula for calculating Bonus damage for strength is "Strength*0.2" and there is no DR on bonus damage for strength.This is what i said in a previous post about this:

When I did s spreadsheet to see which is better the difference isn't that much. The gear stats I used was full war hero with no mods changed and a Matrix cube. With all +18 Strength augments and the 7 slots filled up I get an extra 26.46 Bonus Damage and 0.657 critical chance. With all +18 Power augments with 7 slots filled I get an extra 30.43 Bonus Damage.

This is all with the 4 class buffs and my +104 strength and +43 power stim. So the question is do you wan an extra 0.657 critical chance or an extra 3.97 Bonus Damage on top of what you get from the stats? For me I don't see that much of a difference between the two unless someone else has any info to add to this.

Forgot to add but I also have all the datacrons so the data might have a very small difference from others without all of the datacrons. All of the datacrons give a +40 stat bonus to Willpower, Strength, Cunning, Endurance, Presence, Aim.

These are all the buff stats I used:

Strength = 1579

Power = 234

Critical Rating = 383

Edited by IXBillyXI

How can you say that there is ko dr for strength when the math clearly states you doi did the math before i added the augments and after and there was a clear reduction in the bonus the math dont lie
Your skills with English make me question your skills with math.

I have 1803 strength fully buffed. From this I get 360.6 bonus. Thats 5 str = 1 power. not seeing any DR atm.

If I take off some of my gear I go to 1162 strength and have 232.5 bonus which is 4.997.

Unless the DR is higher then 1803 Then I dont see any problem with running str augments as it still provides crit. Something thats also needed by carnage etc. and I think with the crit it makes str outweigh power in versatility.

So please feel free to tell me what the number is where str starts dr OR explain to me why. Not some spread sheet says this. Esp when the game says different.

Edited by Carbonated

I have 1803 strength fully buffed. From this I get 360.6 bonus. Thats 5 str = 1 power. not seeing any DR atm.

If I take off some of my gear I go to 1162 strength and have 232.5 bonus which is 4.997.

Unless the DR is higher then 1803 Then I dont see any problem with running str augments as it still provides crit. Something thats also needed by carnage etc. and I think with the crit it makes str outweigh power in versatility.

So please feel free to tell me what the number is where str starts dr OR explain to me why. Not some spread sheet says this. Esp when the game says different.

The DR is on the crit chance aspect of STR. The thing is, is the people doing the math for this aren't factoring in that crit mods can be swapped out for power mods, rendering their entire theory useless.

The DR is on the crit chance aspect of STR. The thing is, is the people doing the math for this aren't factoring in that crit mods can be swapped out for power mods, rendering their entire theory useless.

well i never believed the dr was realistic anyway because most people saying it was 1650 and i been over that for so god damn long that it never sounded reasonable.

And there was changes to stat weights in 1.2 so I also thought that just maybe someone hadn't updated the mythological spreadsheet. (when i say mythological I just wanted it to sound fancy :confused:)

DR of the crit from Str and the crit from crit rating is separate. Strength is and is likely to stay our best stat even over power but by a small and nearly insignificant margin. The thing is the higher base weapon damage and power you have the more valuable the crit from strength is and as a result the crit from str can be thought to scale off of power from strength making it very unlikely that Str will fall below power in value unless you have absolutely terrible weapons and an obscene amount of strength.

TL;DR - Augment Strength.