Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, Griefing spoils play for others.

One may ask for serum if knowledgable of the Chat system, and be sure to get vaccinated before headed to the Fleet, as Green Gooey Griefers are now witing for lowbie shuttles to land.

If you are griefed, pls Report it, or at least notify Bioware of the incident later. Prerhaps this way, it may be eliminated before the next event.

And once again you fail to demonstrate how this is griefing. How this violates any rules and is therefore worthy of reporting. But, please, don't let logic get in your way.

You absolutely can take part in it.

1. Instead of spending 2K on the vaccine, get infected. Everytime you pop from being infected, you get 5 Rakghoul DNA. On my server, this stuff is selling for 3-5K each. So instead of spending 2K to avoid it, you embrace it and make up to 25K each time you pop. And some servers are getting even more for the DNA.

2. Speed up getting the DNA. Each time you turn feverish, go jump into the deep shafts next to the GTN terminals. You die instantly, you still get the 5 DNA, and you respawn at the med droid. Go get infected again and do it over. I got 25 DNA in one hour this way. That's 125K an hour if I sell them. Way better than spending 2K on a vaccine.

3. Hitch a ride to Tat if it's possible or level up real quick to get your ship and go to tat, and then cruise over to the event vendor with your DNA samples. Buy some event merchandise.

Ah now THIS is useful. As a returning player, I had no idea what was going on with this event. Sure, I'll profit off of it if it can be done this way. It was otherwise annoying.

And once again you fail to demonstrate how this is griefing. How this violates any rules and is therefore worthy of reporting. But, please, don't let logic get in your way.

Flagging other players against their will is griefing. BW has already removed several vectors for abusing other people in this way and indicated that such activity should be reported.

It's been a few months since I was last here, so I don't have a link for you, but I'll definitely be reporting anyone who intentionally PvP flags me using this technique. I have no interest in PvP ever.

(I guess I do have a link in my sig)

Edited by VorpalK

Flagging other players against their will is griefing. BW has already removed several vectors for abusing other people in this way and indicated that such activity should be reported.

It's been a few months since I was last here, so I don't have a link for you, but I'll definitely be reporting anyone who intentionally PvP flags me using this technique. I have no interest in PvP ever.

(I guess I do have a link in my sig)

Except his complaint has not been about people abusing game mechanics to flag someone for PvP... his complaint has been that people are infecting him with the rakghoul disease without his permission... and that is what he considers griefing.

I don't think anyone can argue that intentionally flagging someone for PvP through the misuse of a game mechanic is not griefing.

Evidently the mechanics itself is meant for PvP, as it alters Flag settings. And AoE effects do count as attacks, I believe.

Griefing others should be eliminated, and banned from the game, IMO.

Edited by Elhanan

Evidently the mechanics itself is meant for PvP, as it alters Flag settings. And AoE effects do count as attacks, I believe.

Griefing others should be eliminated, and banned from the game, IMO.

I like how you change your tune. First you complained that people were infecting you in non-existent "safe" zones. Once that had proven false, you tried to claim that the infection was an attack and therefore violated non-existent PvE rules. Once that had been proven false, you now latch onto the mechanics, under certain conditions, involuntarily flagging you for PvP. That I can agree with... no one should force you to PvP. If someone does intentionally exploit the mechanics to flag you for PvP you should report it.

Edited by Dralanna

I like how you change your tune. First you complained that people were infecting you in non-existent "safe" zones. Once that had proven false, you tried to claim that the infection was an attack and therefore violated non-existent PvE rules. Once that had been proven false, you now latch onto the mechanics, under certain conditions, involuntarily flagging you for PvP. That I can agree with... no one should force you to PvP. If someone does intentionally exploit the mechanics to flag you for PvP you should report it.

I have not changed anything; was infected/ attacked in a Safe Zone x3 on a PvE server by a mechanic intended for PvP w/o permission. Simply because I now know more about the mechanics, and the ways others have been Griefed does not alter what occured to me at all.

And if it makes you feel any better, you may disagree or Ignore me anyway.

I have not changed anything; was infected/ attacked in a Safe Zone x3 on a PvE server by a mechanic intended for PvP w/o permission. Simply because I now know more about the mechanics, and the ways others have been Griefed does not alter what occured to me at all.

And if it makes you feel any better, you may disagree or Ignore me anyway.

And yet, as pointed out numerous times... there is no such thing as a safe zone... you just chose to ignore that fact.

And yet, as pointed out numerous times... it is not an attack... you just chose to ignore that fact.

Unlike you, I will not ignore anyone's points... I will, however, refute the blatantly inaccurate ones.

For me, it simply shows that some folks may not require elevators....

You DO know what happens when you get force-gripped to me on an elevator, right? ;)

You die.

Automatically.

I usually only do it to guildmates while goofing off in ops but I'll make an exception for you.

Edited by Beslley

Every time you empower the moronic griefers, you weakened your community. Unfortunately this event gives the griefers too much power. Make the Fleet a safe haven and any Cantina as well.

IDK about your server, but on SOEK I feel like we have more of a community due to the event.

We have people actually logging on in the fleet, Tatooine actually has people on it, and overall there are a lot more people available to do FPs, world bosses, etc.

I love it. It's breathed life into our largely empty server and has FOSTERED a sense of community, not weakened it.

You absolutely can take part in it.

2. Speed up getting the DNA. Each time you turn feverish, go jump into the deep shafts next to the GTN terminals. You die instantly, you still get the 5 DNA, and you respawn at the med droid. Go get infected again and do it over. I got 25 DNA in one hour this way. That's 125K an hour if I sell them. Way better than spending 2K on a vaccine.

The jumpin bit doesn't work. At least for me. I spawn at the med center with the plauge still feverish and no extra DNA samples.

The jumpin bit doesn't work. At least for me. I spawn at the med center with the plauge still feverish and no extra DNA samples.

Works for me everytime. Make sure you're actually feverish, though. If you're still just lightheaded and dizzy, even after vomiting, it won't work. Then it'll do just as you described.

IDK about your server, but on SOEK I feel like we have more of a community due to the event.

We have people actually logging on in the fleet, Tatooine actually has people on it, and overall there are a lot more people available to do FPs, world bosses, etc.

I love it. It's breathed life into our largely empty server and has FOSTERED a sense of community, not weakened it.

I didn't say to cancel the event. I like it and I also like the added buzz it create. But don't feed the monkey that will throw back his crap in your face. Giving any power to griefers will always end up pissing everyone else at their expanse. Anyone caught outside the Fleet or a Cantina is fair game, make the Fleet and Cantina safe zone. Dont feed the monkeys.

And yet, as pointed out numerous times... there is no such thing as a safe zone... you just chose to ignore that fact.

And yet, as pointed out numerous times... it is not an attack... you just chose to ignore that fact.

Unlike you, I will not ignore anyone's points... I will, however, refute the blatantly inaccurate ones.

Your choice, and those are not facts; only opinions.

Based on the RoC, an abuse of a mechanism that creates Grief for others in places of gathering, and one that is Flagged as PvP, appears to be within the In Game Harassment policy.

Your choice, and those are not facts; only opinions.

Based on the RoC, an abuse of a mechanism that creates Grief for others in places of gathering, and one that is Flagged as PvP, appears to be within the In Game Harassment policy.

Not opinions.... please show me where it says that there are areas that are safe? Please show me where there are rules that are PvE specific. Most importantly, please show me where the actions you are describing violate any of these rules?

You conveniently left out a few important parts of the harassment policy. I'll include them for you:

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Since part of the event includes a quest to infect other people, I think you'd have a hard time proving that their intent was to distress you, rather than trying to complete that quest.

Not opinions.... please show me where it says that there are areas that are safe? Please show me where there are rules that are PvE specific. Most importantly, please show me where the actions you are describing violate any of these rules?

You conveniently left out a few important parts of the harassment policy. I'll include them for you:

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Since part of the event includes a quest to infect other people, I think you'd have a hard time proving that their intent was to distress you, rather than trying to complete that quest.

So by making it a quest, Bioware is violating their own TOS and just using the players as tools to do it? Got ya.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.