Do You want cross server LFG tool?

Msicr

my 5 cents NO ninjaz everywhere youl have inquisitors needin on durasteel curiasses and such no fickin way and they be tottally obnoxious when they do it...........not that a pleasant ninja is better but you know what i mean NO to cross server lfg. just no.

then dont use it, nothing will change for you.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^^

I play casually in both WoW and SWTOR and I'm even giving TERA a shot, as I do with pretty much every major MMO that comes out.

I've gone from a hard core raider to a much more casual MMO player now. Cross server LFR/LFG/WZ tools let me experience the game when I have time. As a more casual player one thing I don't do is schedule my life around raids any more. If there are guildies on and they want to do a FP/OP when I happen to be on that is great, but I do want to see all of the content and these tools will help.

You only need to use them if you want to, no one is making anyone use them. I'm in guilds on both my Imperial and Republic toons, of course all of my Imperial guild players have quit and moved on and of the 200 people in my Republic guild there are seldom more than 4-5 on and I'm not even on one the "low-pop" servers.

I've loved the LFR/LFG and Battlegroup BGs in WoW and still use them. BGs take an average of 1-2 minutes to pop. Raids and Dungeons a bit longer depending on the time of day. The tool has let me experience all of the new content even on my reduced play schedule.

Edited by Erasimus

Not really true. If a tool like this is put in, the vast majority start to use it, making it even more impossible to get a non-X-server group. This WILL hurt those that don't want it.

Edited by IcarusIQ

HELL. NO.

If the game were to implement cross server lfg right now, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were, for me.

I dealt with it for a while in WoW because there were enough other features to rationalize the existence of such a thing.

If Bioware does a cross server lfg tool, what little community such an instanced game has will be gone. It will be a single player game with co-op mode.

No seasoned mmorpg players would be arguing in favor of this.

The "just don't use it" argument is ****.

Speak for yourself. Long time MMO vet here, and I support a group finder.

I also used to be an advocate of server only, but have since come to the conclusion that won't be possible in this game. Population pools are too low to support a server only tool.

So, /support for a cross realm group finder. The sooner, the better.

Speak for yourself. Long time MMO vet here, and I support a group finder.

I also used to be an advocate of server only, but have since come to the conclusion that won't be possible in this game. Population pools are too low to support a server only tool.

So, /support for a cross realm group finder. The sooner, the better.

Cross server lfg is a bad fix to a population problem.

Server transfers/mergers are much more practical, and that appears to be the route bioware is going, thankfully.

I really don't think this game can survive having a cross server lfg.

Some years back we did dungeons etc without a group finder...and now folks cant do without it.

What does that say about peeps?

Somehow lazyness and impatient comes to mind..

Imo..no x-server

Some years back we did dungeons etc without a group finder...and now folks cant do without it.

Imo..no x-server

Someone who actually has the idea as i do

Even when they've done transfers and/or merges I want cross server queues for pvp,FPs and Ops so I could do whatever whenever no hassle, although the main draw for me is FPs while leveling would always be possible with cross server whereas that's not the case without it.

Also lol WoW so died from cross server, it's not changing up the difficulty in cata that lost them subs but having cross server it's so obvious lolol.

Edited by zuile

This ^^

I play casually in both WoW and SWTOR and I'm even giving TERA a shot, as I do with pretty much every major MMO that comes out.

I've gone from a hard core raider to a much more casual MMO player now. Cross server LFR/LFG/WZ tools let me experience the game when I have time. As a more casual player one thing I don't do is schedule my life around raids any more. If there are guildies on and they want to do a FP/OP when I happen to be on that is great, but I do want to see all of the content and these tools will help.

You only need to use them if you want to, no one is making anyone use them. I'm in guilds on both my Imperial and Republic toons, of course all of my Imperial guild players have quit and moved on and of the 200 people in my Republic guild there are seldom more than 4-5 on and I'm not even on one the "low-pop" servers.

I've loved the LFR/LFG and Battlegroup BGs in WoW and still use them. BGs take an average of 1-2 minutes to pop. Raids and Dungeons a bit longer depending on the time of day. The tool has let me experience all of the new content even on my reduced play schedule.

Someone that plays 3 MMO´s, is not a casual. OMG :rolleyes:

Whats next, someone claims to be a casual because he is 18 years old, or older and does need to go shopping once a week besides playing 24/7?

I am a casual, a true one - not a fake and the LFG is horrible for my kind. To get into groups with elitist people that demand 20k dps where 10 is sufficent, that demand a 350 GS where 290 is sufficent etc.

Also I stopped counting the numerous times that I got into a dungeon where the group was infront of the final boss, again no loot from the first bosses and usually those groups fail big time anyways.

A casual cant wait 30 min for a dungeon to pop, there is no time for that.

So please, stop pretending you speak for casuals - you just dont.

Casuals suffer most by these tools, no real casual would demand such a tool.

Edited by RachelAnne

Imo..no x-server

It says that I'm tired of spamming Fleet for 2 hours trying to find a tank or a healer and then giving up because there are only 15 people in Fleet and its obvious I'm not going to be able to find a group. Its not a matter of being lazy or impatient, although its cute you just insult anyone who has a different opinion than yourself. It is a matter of simple logistics, and there simply aren't enough people on most servers right now to even have a community of people to run content with. I've already canceled, but for those that are staying, cross server lfg is a MUST.

It says that I'm tired of spamming Fleet for 2 hours trying to find a tank or a healer and then giving up because there are only 15 people in Fleet and its obvious I'm not going to be able to find a group. Its not a matter of being lazy or impatient, although its cute you just insult anyone who has a different opinion than yourself. It is a matter of simple logistics, and there simply aren't enough people on most servers right now to even have a community of people to run content with. I've already canceled, but for those that are staying, cross server lfg is a MUST.

Then why are you commenting on Forums?

You should just use the LFG tool, lets face it - there is nothing of worth at the Fleet, thats why there are no players around.

My server is high - med, but you still would never find a group if you spam a fleet channel - nobody is paying attention there as its not a global channel, like the LFG and most players are at the planets.

So just use this one.

Once they implement server mergers/transfers this ceases to be an issue. If you stay on a dead server after this is addressed you have no one to blame but yourself. The idea is to consolidate the population, not keep everyone spread out and implement a cross server tool.

I fail to see how transfers and mergers make finding a group not an issue. Even before this game's population nose dived it was a royal pain in the rear to find a group. 150 people in fleet and you'd still spend an hour trying to find a group. That is unacceptable. If you don't like playing modern mmos with modern features, go back to EQ, its F2P now.

Then why are you commenting on Forums?

Because I have 40 days of play time left and I have the right to voice my opinion here during that time. I notice you didn't address my actual post though because you have no rebuttal.

Imo..no x-server

That's the point though. SWTOR players on average are far far more casual than WoW players. BW cannot afford trying to change everyone's perception about grouping and bet their whole game on it.

You should just use the LFG tool, lets face it - there is nothing of worth at the Fleet, thats why there are no players around.

My server is high - med, but you still would never find a group if you spam a fleet channel - nobody is paying attention there as its not a global channel, like the LFG and most players are at the planets.

So just use this one.

No one ever used the "LFG tool" this game launched with. Spamming Fleet is the only way to find a group if you can't find one in guild. BW has even said no one uses the LFG tool they put in the game, which is why they're making a new one. Its cute you think the current LFG tool actually works though.

No one ever used the "LFG tool" this game launched with. Spamming Fleet is the only way to find a group if you can't find one in guild. BW has even said no one uses the LFG tool they put in the game, which is why they're making a new one. Its cute you think the current LFG tool actually works though.

It does work perfectly fine on my server and many other servers.

You join the LFG channel and from then on can always see if someone does make a group. If you lvl an alt and see someone needs a hand at a 50 heroic you can easily swap over.

All this aint possible at an LFG tool that you want.

In our server wide channel people create groups for pretty much everything, nobody is on the fleet except he wants to trade.

Actually, server mergers and LFGs won't do much without the easier fix of adding more incentive for doing HM FP dailies and giving out rewards scaled to the difficulty of the FP. You can have all the people in the world on your server but they have to WANT to do the FPs. And that's NOT the case now.

The following would fix a lot and could be done by the developers in just a few days...

Up the ante for doing HM flashpoints. This would add huge incentive to do flashpoints, the HM daily reward should be scaled to the difficulty of the heroic completed, and should include Rakata and Black Hole tokens as appropriate:

The Black Talon: Keep as-is, "LFG quick daily BT HM" in General Chat makes my stomach turn

Boarding Party: Add 1 Rakata token

The Foundry, Directive 7: Add 2 Rakata token

The Battle of Ilum, The False Emperor, Kaon under Siege: Add 1 Black Hole token

Lost Island: Add 2 Black Hole token

It does work perfectly fine on my server and many other servers.

You join the LFG channel and from then on can always see if someone does make a group. If you lvl an alt and see someone needs a hand at a 50 heroic you can easily swap over.

All this aint possible at an LFG tool that you want.

In our server wide channel people create groups for pretty much everything, nobody is on the fleet except he wants to trade.

Please, give me the name of your server and these "many other servers" you allude to. People sit in Fleet on Veela Vulkhar Highway and Fatman because there really is no reason to leave unless you're doing daily quests. All the FPs and OPs are accessed from the fleet (save the two on Illum) and if you're pvping the fleet is the best place to be. Ever tried queuing for WZs while you're on Tattooine? Your queue pops and the timer runs out before the planet even finishes loading. Not to mention the GTNs are located on the fleet, so if your server is lucky enough to still have an economy then trade takes place all on the fleet. Your server must be one of the few exceptions because the current LFG tool has been pretty universally panned and declared a failure by BW themselves.

Because I have 40 days of play time left and I have the right to voice my opinion here during that time. I notice you didn't address my actual post though because you have no rebuttal.

First of all, I no longer play the game, but I do still visit the forums to a) express my extreme displeasure with how this game has been designed and handled subsequent to release, and b) hope that one day they'll post good news that might change the fortunes of this game because its a game I really want to like but simply can't with how poorly made and managed it is.

That is from another Quote on a different thread by you

SO tell me again that you still play even though you have 40 days left?

Edited by Sinaed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.