So... is anyone else sick of hearing people asking for us to get nerfed?

AngusFTW

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its more i am sick of bad players QQing they are getting beat by better players.

I gotta say there's NO ONE currently (and I do pvp alot) who'd beat me in 1v1 after 1.2 and I'm only like half BM geared. Some juggs came close, had to actually use a pot. But I won in the end. Some very geared ops managed to make me go invi and recover, but no actual fair clear 1v1 victory over me so far.

We're not op. We're POWERFUL. That's a difference. I saw some marauders who made me facepalm, they couldn't even take 20% of my health. But I've been playing commando before and I gotta say that some classes just can't beat us. It's impossible. You. Just. Can't. That needs fixing, but not by nerfing US. By buffing them.

But come on, we all know what's going to happen! Ppl whined about troopers/mercs -- they got nerf, when they only needed a buff. Ppl whined about ops (rightfully so though) -- they got nerfed. Ppl whine about maras/sents? Guess who's gonna get a nerfbat next. I hope they'll introduce server transfer by that time though, so I could get back to my trooper....

The buff to Master Strike / Ravage needs removed, other than that some classes need to be buffed rather than Sent/Maras being nerfed. Assassin, Powertech and Snipers are just as good, the rest could do with beefing up especially the poor Scoundrel/Operatives.

You know that if Bioware give in to the whining they'll over nerf us just as they have with other classes, if people get their way all pvp will be is mediocre classes vs other mediocre ones.

Edited by Kabaal

The buff to Master Strike / Ravage needs removed, other than that some classes need to be buffed rather than Sent/Maras being nerfed. Assassin, Powertech and Snipers are just as good, the rest could do with beefing up especially the poor Scoundrel/Operatives.

You know that if Bioware give in to the whining they'll over nerf us just as they have with other classes, if people get their way all pvp will be is mediocre classes vs other mediocre ones.

I agree

Heck no that's the only thing keeping my jug alive. Maybe my sent could manage it but I'd rather not.

I gotta say there's NO ONE currently (and I do pvp alot) who'd beat me in 1v1 after 1.2 and I'm only like half BM geared. Some juggs came close, had to actually use a pot. But I won in the end. Some very geared ops managed to make me go invi and recover, but no actual fair clear 1v1 victory over me so far.

We're not op. We're POWERFUL. That's a difference. I saw some marauders who made me facepalm, they couldn't even take 20% of my health. But I've been playing commando before and I gotta say that some classes just can't beat us. It's impossible. You. Just. Can't. That needs fixing, but not by nerfing US. By buffing them.

But come on, we all know what's going to happen! Ppl whined about troopers/mercs -- they got nerf, when they only needed a buff. Ppl whined about ops (rightfully so though) -- they got nerfed. Ppl whine about maras/sents? Guess who's gonna get a nerfbat next. I hope they'll introduce server transfer by that time though, so I could get back to my trooper....

Did someone say tankassassins? Nope... I did. So a good tankassassin doesn't give you are hard time? I'm surprised you didn't mention this. Because I find a good Jugg to be less difficult than a good tankassassin.

Considering that Sentinels/Marauders on my server that I regularly 1vX with ease do fairly well against other players for how good they can actually play the class now, we need some tweaks so that bad Sents/Maras actually play bad instead of being able to face-roll other classes with ease.

I guarantee you that if they made the class harder to play, there wouldn't be anymore complaints about it because quite a lot of Sents/Maras are gonna be under-par again.1.2 essentially made the class easier to play.

Edited by Swarna

Yup I'd say remove the buff for master strike/ravage for Sent/Mara.

And buff DPS Guard/Jugg surviablity up a bit.

Those are the things that need doing within the JK/SW advanced classes to balance things out.

because i certainly am.. :(

The nerf bat is coming....and NOT before time I say. Its only fair that your class recieves the same love and attention from Bioware that most of us have already. To NOT do so would leave an already OP class way ahead in terms of longevity in a fight. Man up and await your nerf :).

P.S. And before you start screaming "Sorc User!" I do not play glow-bat wielders at all, SWG cured me of that. I play ranged classes, BH,Trooper and Operative.......ALL of which have been nerfed since launch. SO I suggest you grow a pair OR unsub like i did and await the balance that will come in time and resub like i plan to :)

Edited by Redat

Personally I have no problems with beating sents as a balance shadow or my scrapper, but do YOU guys remember when YOU were calling nerfs for sorcs? Now you know how they felt and ultimately what happened

Hybrid sorcs needed a nerf and they got it.

The nerf bat is coming....and NOT before time I say. Its only fair that your class recieves the same love and attention from Bioware that most of us have already. To NOT do so would leave an already OP class way ahead in terms of longevity in a fight. Man up and await your nerf :).

P.S. And before you start screaming "Sorc User!" I do not play glow-bat wielders at all, SWG cured me of that. I play ranged classes, BH,Trooper and Operative.......ALL of which have been nerfed since launch. SO I suggest you grow a pair OR unsub like i did and await the balance that will come in time and resub like i plan to :)

The class isn't overpowered, still goes down regularly. It's just that so many people are **** that since the class can do proper damage now, they get smashed. Since you're unsubbed, how about you leave? Since you really have nothing legitimate to offer on the subject.

I regularly 1vX people that aren't tanks, or being guarded who don't know what a stun is before and after the buffs, even when people thought sentinels were bad in pvp because being team dependent in a WZ is somehow bad. Seriously, the most notable buffs were to make focus not suck, and master strike, and master strike gets countered the same way as it did before; with CC.

Anyone complaining is getting stomped by the same class that most of the community labeled bad as for dumb reasons 4 months ago and are just bads like the guy a few posts up who unsubbed.

Edited by wtfimblue

I regularly 1vX people that aren't tanks, or being guarded who don't know what a stun is before and after the buffs, even when people thought sentinels were bad in pvp because being team dependent in a WZ is somehow bad. Seriously, the most notable buffs were to make focus not suck, and master strike, and master strike gets countered the same way as it did before; with CC.

Anyone complaining is getting stomped by the same class that most of the community labeled bad as for dumb reasons 4 months ago and are just bads like the guy a few posts up who unsubbed.

Those of us who weren't bad knew 4 months ago that sents were the game's best kept secret, way overpowered in the hands of a good player. Now after some buffs, they're overpowered even in the hands of morons.

As to the OP... No, not really.

I agree with what many have said, which is that 1.2 made Sent/Maur easier to play, which means bad players can still do well vs. a good player on another class. Good mauraders are still great, and deserve to be so.

Mauraders need a "nerf" (something that seems like a nerf but isn't really much of one) so all the bad players chase another FoTM, and leave mauraders as a very good dps, played by onlt good players. You see Q.Q'ing now because it's annoying to get jumped to by 4 mauraders. 4 vs 1, you die no matter the class, but atm it's mauraders in your face and that's going to cause crying.

Q.Q Please find a new FoTM.

they really did not get made easier... and they did not really get buffed... they simply got things fixed, the only real buff was too master strike.

The class is still OP in the hand of someone smart enough to win a battle of wits with a pet rock and 95% of the people plying sents/maras are not able to do that.

Those of us who weren't bad knew 4 months ago that sents were the game's best kept secret, way overpowered in the hands of a good player. Now after some buffs, they're overpowered even in the hands of morons.

No, not if your half decent at your class. The bads are still bad. I regularly destroy them without having to work.

What annoys me is that even though this game has a terrible PvP system, all the character balancing is based on PvP.

If you removed the strongest point of the class (longevity) like Bioware generally does in blanket nerfs without giving ANYTHING back, again, like Bioware generally does, sents will have the defenses of wet cardboard and die before being able to do damage in 1v1, AND have the same problems in PvE.

Also, you listed operative as a "ranged" class? And then you expect us to take you seriously? Well, Bioware sure is so that's fun for you.

The problem is that instead of actually doing something to rebalance classes, Bioware just looks at the number of nerf threads and then hammers that class into the ground.

Edited by Morticoccus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.