Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Where is the Anon feature?

Viperswhip

Where is the feature to go anonymous? If I just want to log in and solo without guildies or friends or whoever else bugging me I would like to be able to.

Is there a command I a missing? In the other games I've played /anon worked and that doesn't seem to do anything in Swotor.

Thanks for the help.

perhaps this game isn't suited for you the whole Massive multiplayer part really puts a dampener on the whole single player experience. :rolleyes:

Sometimes you want to log in and not have to deal with guild drama or whatever.

I can't believe there's no /anon feature.

Its odd, little things that you don't think about that you just assume would be in... aren't.

If you are already wanting to log in anonymously because of guild drama and the per-release play has only been going a few days you may seriously want to re-evaluate your guild choice.

I honestly don't see a good reason to add this feature, its an mmo the whole point is you are playing with other people.

It's not about guild drama. I like adventuring with other people 75% of the time, but at other times I want to move at my own pace, or craft or do space combat or a bunch of other things this game has built into it without being asked to group or whatever.

I know I can turn off guild chat, I have a tab for that. It's about more than that though.

Back in Dark Age of Camelot we had an elite 8 man raiding/pvp group in a larger guild and we all often anoned so we could go do our thing without people asking to join us or whatever.

There is more than one reason why such a feature is useful and sometimes a good thing.

Edited by Viperswhip

Sometimes you want to log in and not have to deal with guild drama or whatever.

I can't believe there's no /anon feature.

Its odd, little things that you don't think about that you just assume would be in... aren't.

how does anyone have drama after 3 days of playing?

if you do I suggest you find a guild with less 15 year olds.

• 2 weeks later...
well considering all you have to do is login Imperial or republic to see if someone is online you want to kill/camp you would think anon would be a feature. I'm tried of Empire logging on repulbic toons pming me and begging me to trade flip ilum dailys im gonna start reporting everyone of them from now on.

• 1 month later...
Where is the feature to go anonymous? If I just want to log in and solo without guildies or friends or whoever else bugging me I would like to be able to.

Is there a command I a missing? In the other games I've played /anon worked and that doesn't seem to do anything in Swotor.

Thanks for the help.

Roll a character that isn't on your server. When you want to be anonymous, play that character.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.