Why do you guys still play even though there is nothing to do?

The_Black_Baron

Please tell me why? There is nothing to gain once you have all Battlemaster and PvP is soooooooo repetitive. There is no world PvP in this game because everyone stays on the Fleet jumping around and switching between mounts. I guess you guys like giving BW $15 a month for a broken game that is going nowhere for the next couple of months.

I no longer have a sub and I do not plan on renewing until the new NGE comes out...lol. Seriously, BW needs to fix the "zones" (aka Planets) so that they are closer to the enemy. This game is going nowhere until there is better content and better look armor...this game is crap right now.

If you pvp solely to get full BM, you aren't a real pvper. The real PVP starts when everyone has full war hero and is thus on equal footing. I'm looking forward to rateds against challenging teams.

Please tell me why? There is nothing to gain once you have all Battlemaster and PvP is soooooooo repetitive. There is no world PvP in this game because everyone stays on the Fleet jumping around and switching between mounts. I guess you guys like giving BW $15 a month for a broken game that is going nowhere for the next couple of months.

I no longer have a sub and I do not plan on renewing until the new NGE comes out...lol. Seriously, BW needs to fix the "zones" (aka Planets) so that they are closer to the enemy. This game is going nowhere until there is better content and better look armor...this game is crap right now.

I'm having fun.

Still working on my first piece of War-hero so far. Haven't seen that many praises to my skill neither, so I suppose I have to improve myself further.

Haven't seen the entire PvE Content, also want to cover that out.

Got a Guild with a couple of RL friends and a nice share of friendly people that I met in this game. We do groups for PvP, Operations and end up having a laugh about them.

I'd say that the question is... Why are you still here?

(Edit: just makin' the post prettier.)

Edited by Dharkeon

You joined a game heavily based on story and raiding with pvp added in, and hate on it once you get full pvp gear because you refuse to also raid?

That's your problem, not Biowares.

Raiding....where? People raid in this game? I guess what you mean by raiding is staying on the fleet jumping around

We have a guy on my server who nobody wants to raid with because his groups are notorious for failures (he's the healer, so rather vital) and he's just an overall jerk. Now, when he isn't in WZs, all he does is jump around the fleet failing to LFG. Seems like OP is this guy. Edited by nogunsmoreglory

There are roughly 3 different beta's coming out within the next 2 weekends. You think, you have problems getting people together to either pve or pvp...what till peeps try those betas. By the end of April, Bioware is gonna say "*** happened to our subs?" :)

I doubt it...most of those people are addicted WoW addicts who will try the Beta buy the game, then complain like they do here that its not EXACTLY what they wanted. Then they'll either come back to SWTOR or go back to WoW... Edited by Valhalyn

what the OP says is pretty true. The content in the game is shallow and many aspects of this game tend to make me believe bioware pushed to get the game out to make money. I don't think they were so interested in actually making a good product. Don't get me wrong, I loved the my class quest until it got bugged in chapter 2 and never fixed. Seriously nobody can tell you guys what to do with your money but if you truly like to pay to beta test a game, be my guest. It's really sad to say a lot of this stuff for me especially because i'm one of the biggest fan boys of the star wars franchise and was aching to play this game. The honest truth though is this game is horrible. I want to resub, but bioware is gonna have to do a lot before that can happen

1. The game right now is a grind to get gear. Gear that looks like horse **** no less. Seriously why do I want WH gear that looks like I have two giant 1980's style boom boxes attached to my head?? And I used to LOL at jedi knights and how god awful their gear was..then it happened to my class -_-

2. Fix pvp it's **** TTK is all out of whack and seriously I think we can all agree that they ended buffing the most powerful class....and now heals are almost useless

3. Fix world pvp...it's not even existent at the moment due to the idiocy of whoever came up with the Ilum idea. Seriously with faction imbalance the way it is how could that cluster **** of a planet ever be enjoyable for anyone. "guys i got a great idea how about we make players ride around on their mounts looking for armaments!! This is new ground breaking world PVP!" :rolleyes:

4. Leads me to my next necessary fix which is faction imbalance

5. Start merging servers, because yeah it would probably be pretty neat for me to play an alt, but when you can't find a group anywhere and there are 3 people on your starting planet whats the use

I could go on for days the game is a fail, everyone who defends it, so be it that's your opinion....have fun playing alone....

So because YOU are no longer having fun, I shouldn't either? Ok, well, good luck with that Mr. Centeroftheuniverse.

OP reads like trollbait. But honestly there are a couple of grains of truth in there. PVP is very repetative. WIth only 4 warzones to do (and let's face it Novare Coast isn't spectacularly different from Alderaan), it's one long grind of the same areas over and over again.

Sure the grind is what MMOs are all about, but there should be something new now and then to keep interest right?

I doubt it...most of those people are addicted WoW addicts who will try the Beta buy the game, then complain like they do here that its not EXACTLY what they wanted. Then they'll either come back to SWTOR or go back to WoW...

this. the only reason eq and wow did so well was because there were no options really. now the mmo crowd just rage quits one mmo after another. hear me now believe me later

I say quit being narrow minded regarding end game raiding and pvp, and reroll an alt. Especially if you enjoy class quests. Oh btw, did you know there are 8 different class quests? Oh btw, did you know there are 8 different CLASSES?

THIS GAME IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Nitpicking sob's.

Overreact much?

You obviously are not a true PvPer. And BTW, battlemaster isnt the top tier anymore, it is war hero.

Open-world pvp is over-rated in my opinion. It is not very competitive. It is fun for a change of pace but...meh.

The game is not broken, I am having more fun now than I ever did previously in SWTOR.

Greetings,

While we do appreciate people who take the time to post feedback, we ask that the feedback be in the form of constructive suggestions or comments. Allison Berryman has an excellent post about the kind of feedback that is most useful to us for making improvements to the game.

Since there doesn't seem to be much room for constructive discussion here, we are closing this thread. Thank you!