50 active auctions on AH limit are you kidding me?

Oriox

Thousands of items in the AH is typically what gold farmers are doing in WoW, or....people who are doing individual gold farming :) Even when I had a run on the bag market on my server in WoW the MOST I ever put p at once was less than 50. A friend at the time would put pu maybe 100 tops and that took him forever to do because he had to craft all the items first.

What I would personally like to see is to keep the limit at 50....sorry OP but it's just farming man, no need to be a gozillionair in every game you play man....but change the interface so that we can just do random searches. This interface reminds me too much of the one from STO and even THAT allowed you to just type something in to search by without having the required fields.

Also, it's not very intuitive when it comes to the search field...click the required things, THEN place the carrot in the search line (btw, BW....TAB IS YOUR EFFING FRIEND OK...just say'n, use tab please), and type something out....THEN hit the little "return button" NOT just hit enter.

Smooth.....gotta be smooth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you have no idea how inflation works do you? The person working on the AH is working within the supply of credits in the market, he is neither creating nor destroying them. The supply of money in the system is constantly going up regardless because of quest completion, looting, etc. It's Biowares job to make sure there is enough credit sinks to remove some of that from supply. It has nothing to do with the AH.

so my question is then where does the money go after you spent it? i sure dont have it... oooh wait it goes to another player... nice money sink.

Not true, if you have massive inflation due to someone getting mass amount of credits through manipulation, you auto raise the price of all items by a significant margin.

Where are credits generated?

From questing and crew skills.

Bioware controls how many credits are available "in the market".

They control inflation, not the player.

so my question is then where does the money go after you spent it? i sure dont have it... oooh wait it goes to another player... nice money sink.

an example of credit sinks would be mount speed training, abilities training, gear repairs, hell even fuel costs for your ships......

By implementing effective money sinks, BioWare will have much better control over the market and inflation than by limiting the ammount of auctions you can post. All they're effectively doing is shutting out the "serious" traders that will resort to selling in trade meaning your chat will be spammed a hell of a lot more than what it's going to be :)

For a game that is trying to emulate WoW, I'd say the failure is on their part. There's no reason to arbitrarily limit the players in this way.

I'd say you answered your own question many times with your OWN posts. Go back to Wow and post auctions there. I guess they haven't emulated this game to Wow to your liking.

Not true, if you have massive inflation due to someone getting mass amount of credits through manipulation, you auto raise the price of all items by a significant margin.

If they did that then the prices would skyrocket out of control man. Because there'd ALWAYS be someone who could post more items. And making the items more expensive just means the sellers raise the prices, which means >>>NOBODY CAN AFFORD TO BUY THEM<<< which, neuters the economy in general. Look at the price of gas for example, it has forced (I'm living in the States mind you), auto makers to focus on higher fuel efficiency, and for once actually thinking of making cars that run on electricity (the most amazing part of it IMO). And it's ALL because someone raises the price of the base product.....crude oil.

As far as crafting goes, that's what re-engineering is for. There's a 50 item limit, you know there's a 50 item limit, but instead of working around that limit and making the most of your materials (by re-engineering, for example), you choose to beg Bioware to increase the auction cap.

I don't know if 50 is too low or not (when I played WoW, I never posted more than 30 or so auctions at once, but I never had a problem selling almost everything I listed), but railing against Bioware for this supposed "fail design" is more than a little silly, when it's obvious that a lot of the nay-sayers haven't even bothered to try to find work-arounds for this supposed problem yet.

First, gotta say I love your terminology: "railing against Bioware". . . Glad I'm railing, even though I wasn't aware I was, since BW obviously loves rails (space combat, map design. . . ) ;)

Second, by definition, if people are finding a work around for a system, the system is fail. From the user stand point, it means the system is not meeting the needs of the user. From the developer standpoint, it means that whatever the reasoning for the system limitation, it is now moot, as the user is circumventing the limitation.

If they did that then the prices would skyrocket out of control man. Because there'd ALWAYS be someone who could post more items. And making the items more expensive just means the sellers raise the prices, which means >>>NOBODY CAN AFFORD TO BUY THEM<<< which, neuters the economy in general. Look at the price of gas for example, it has forced (I'm living in the States mind you), auto makers to focus on higher fuel efficiency, and for once actually thinking of making cars that run on electricity (the most amazing part of it IMO). And it's ALL because someone raises the price of the base product.....crude oil.

What utter dribble....

Everything you've mentioned links to supply and demand....

There is a LOW supply of easily accessible crude oil (Not going to get into a debate over it), meaning the US, EU etc have to buy per barrel off other countries...... There is a MASSIVE demand for fuel and a low supply... meaning the suppliers can make their price higher and people will still buy it... because guess what, its in high demand and without a fuel to run transport, 99% of our economy WILL collapse.

If they did that then the prices would skyrocket out of control man. Because there'd ALWAYS be someone who could post more items

Did you even read that?......

The more supply of an item there is, the less its going to cost....

ie. if you have 50 items on the GTN by 5 different sellers, you really think they're going to agree a price and stick to it? are they hell, they can and WILL undercut each other, gradually driving the price down..... unless the item is in high demand... however if it is in high demand, I doubt there would be 50 sat on the GTN...

For a game that is trying to emulate WoW, I'd say the failure is on their part. There's no reason to arbitrarily limit the players in this way.

Well they arent doing an exact copy/paste of wow now are they?

I guess they don't want to see item stacks bought, and split into 1 piece each and thrown on the AH flooding it with utter waste.

And hopefully it will/could reduce they amount of people inflating the prices.

50 is not terrible. I am thinking from the perspective of a armor crafter. If I wanted to post a few sets of armor suits up those slots will go away pretty fast (i guess 6-7 slots per suit). Maybe add some slots based on crafting level or something.

I have not checked but is it possible to sell bags with items in them or something like that?

Just a thought here, but what if they implemented a restriction on the number of individual posts of single, stackable items. That would accommodate both parties. Those who wish to legitimately craft or harvest and sell a lot on the market can do so, but those who are paranoid about others buying out stacks and split-selling them would be protected.

And hopefully it will/could reduce they amount of people inflating the prices.

Inflation of prices (in an mmo) happens for 1 of two reasons....

An ease of obtaining currency than previously (IE gold in WoW, Remember when 1k gold for the epic mount was a good 3-4 week grind? I sure as hell do).

OR

There is an increased demand for a particular item or the item is new (New gear, new and better stims start to hit the market etc etc)

The first reason, BioWare can fully control by implementing effective and mandatory credit sinks (Gear repairs is a good example)

The second reason, there is not a lot BioWare can do about this other than not releasing new content, gear and items. It's a case of supply + demand = price. There will always be people that want the latest gear/pet/material on launch day and will pay through the nose for it for bragging rights....

This implementation is a good thing, this way a single person cannot control the server ecnomy as it happens on several wow servers where a few people control one aspect of the game, like potions or enchants.

this way everyone has a fair chance of making money and not just the people who have the time to sit 12hours a day infront of the AH

What utter dribble....

Everything you've mentioned links to supply and demand....

There is a LOW supply of easily accessible crude oil (Not going to get into a debate over it), meaning the US, EU etc have to buy per barrel off other countries...... There is a MASSIVE demand for fuel and a low supply... meaning the suppliers can make their price higher and people will still buy it... because guess what, its in high demand and without a fuel to run transport, 99% of our economy WILL collapse.

Did you even read that?......

The more supply of an item there is, the less its going to cost....

ie. if you have 50 items on the GTN by 5 different sellers, you really think they're going to agree a price and stick to it? are they hell, they can and WILL undercut each other, gradually driving the price down..... unless the item is in high demand... however if it is in high demand, I doubt there would be 50 sat on the GTN...

Ok so, you're taking me out of context. I was replying to ...

I read that as this person stating that if a person is making a killing and dominating the AH market for a given item then he expects BW to raise the price of said item. Maybe I read that wrong....I won't deny it's a possibility if so, then I apologize to the guy before me.

The reference to oil was in line with this. If we go by the above theory then, the cost of the base product, crude, would go up to try and prevent the oil companies from getting it in the first place.

I KNOW, and AGREE with what you said about oil etc. So please keep things CIVIL and quit making me look like an idiot. I can manage that all by myself THANK you very much!

This implementation is a good thing, this way a single person cannot control the server ecnomy as it happens on several wow servers where a few people control one aspect of the game, like potions or enchants.

this way everyone has a fair chance of making money and not just the people who have the time to sit 12hours a day infront of the AH

Not to nit-pick, but I'll highlight your self-defeat in your post.

Everyone already has a fair chance, there is virtually zero barrier to entry in the market place. You, and others in this thread, have expressed the same sentiment over and over. The fact is that you want everyone limited because you know you can't do it. It's like saying everyone can only play 10 hours a week because only I can play 10 hours a week. That's a terrible way to run an MMO.

I'm sure Bio-ware will fix this in the future. Right now they have a database problem with the GTN and more work needs to be done with search as well.

For someone thinking about just going three mission/gathering skills this limit is very restrictive once you add in drops I or my companions can't use.

Everyone already has a fair chance, there is virtually zero barrier to entry in the market place. You, and others in this thread, have expressed the same sentiment over and over. The fact is that you want everyone limited because you know you can't do it. It's like saying everyone can only play 10 hours a week because only I can play 10 hours a week. That's a terrible way to run an MMO.

They're saying they don't want individuals to be able to control the price of items in the market by dominating said market. Be it crafting matts, crafted items, whatever...people dislike monopolies and with good reason.

But I think we're all beating a dead horse here. Monopolies are bad, the 50 limit is BW's way of trying to prevent it as I see it.

I think that allowing the players to have more freedom on the GTN would promote a healthier game economy. It would make this game even better. Allowing a few hundred(if not a few thousand) auctions would be better. I know the GTN interface has problems, that is another issue. I also realize the game is new and Bioware is having a lot of issues right now. Thank you.

So all those 24/7 traders who spend all their time undercutting other ppl, controlling big portions of market are signs of healthy economy ? I don't see it. AH should be place where ppl can SELL and buy stuff ... free AH is place for traders, not players.

They're saying they don't want individuals to be able to control the price of items in the market by dominating said market. Be it crafting matts, crafted items, whatever...people dislike monopolies and with good reason.

But I think we're all beating a dead horse here. Monopolies are bad, the 50 limit is BW's way of trying to prevent it as I see it.

Well I'm pretty sure by now the 50 limit is based on their hardware issues. You are wrong regardless, as we have already argued a few pages back it's impossible to have a monopoly in this system.

50 active auctions. LMAO ... I regularly have 500+ active auctions in WoW. Between my Glyph business, my enchants I'm selling, my mats I farm ... and the miscellaneous crap you pick up in raid ... yeah, 500 isn't even hard to hit.

And I am far far far from unique there. There's several in my guild that have more than I do at any given time between gems, jewelry, potions, etc.

Edited by Zepath