If Miraluka are born without eyes

Darthcrawdaddy

Then why do they glow when infected with rakghoul plague?

...they also glow when certain abilities are active...

Just thought I'd put that out there. It's an in-game dynamic for each ability, that I guess was too hard to filter out for race=miraluka :D

Obviously, the Rakghoul plague (Rakisius Infuctus) does not cause a glowing of the eyes, per se, but rather a glowing of the eye sockets. While it is true that the people of the near-human race known by the galaxy at large as Miraluka are born without eyes inhabiting said eye sockets, and that there is a thin membrane of skin to protect their vacancies within, the sockets are, in fact, there.

The glow witness via these sockets is not dampened by the thin membrane anymore than it is through the eyes of a 'norma' near-human species. Honestly, 'norma' near-humans (and humans, for that matter) should be thankful that although the Rakghoul Plague causes eventual explosionitus and the cessation of the condition known as 'being alive', the glow produced by the being's eye sockets (have they eyes or not) does not hinder their sense of sight (in fact, the Miraluka are lucky, for if it did inhibit the ability of the ocular nerves to process light from beyond the glow of the plague, they could see anyway, thanks to their gifts in the force.)

Obviously, the Rakghoul plague (Rakisius Infuctus) does not cause a glowing of the eyes, per se, but rather a glowing of the eye sockets. While it is true that the people of the near-human race known by the galaxy at large as Miraluka are born without eyes inhabiting said eye sockets, and that there is a thin membrane of skin to protect their vacancies within, the sockets are, in fact, there.

The glow witness via these sockets is not dampened by the thin membrane anymore than it is through the eyes of a 'norma' near-human species. Honestly, 'norma' near-humans (and humans, for that matter) should be thankful that although the Rakghoul Plague causes eventual explosionitus and the cessation of the condition known as 'being alive', the glow produced by the being's eye sockets (have they eyes or not) does not hinder their sense of sight (in fact, the Miraluka are lucky, for if it did inhibit the ability of the ocular nerves to process light from beyond the glow of the plague, they could see anyway, thanks to their gifts in the force.)

Its really not necessary to try and explain it lore-wise, they just kept the same animation on everyone to save time.

Its really not necessary to try and explain it lore-wise, they just kept the same animation on everyone to save time.

Your inability to get a joke, even over the interwebs, makes me weep for the future of humanity.

Your inability to get a joke, even over the interwebs, makes me weep for the future of humanity.

Sorry, but I laugh at jokes people tell me in real life, because the point of jokes being funny is only properly conveyed in person. Text is text, there is no internet comedian award.

No, its just my German being completely rusty after not being in the country for several years.

Google translate would have at least given me umlauts instead of forcing me to do ae, as I forgot the alt code and don't have a qwertz keyboard.

Edited by Kekkles

I am an RPer. I love it when people write possible explanations such as the above :D:p;) YOU! XOXO

Haha, made me laugh. :)

+1 to you, sir!

nice try but if you were to upgrade your "Best Buy" you would be able to tell that it is in fact the eyeballs that are glowing and not the eyesockets.

Yes, however, at that stage of the infection, the individual has obviously not become a Rakghoul as of yet, for if physical manifestations of the malady (In this case, the Rakghoul Plague) were to cause new organs to grow, such as eyes, one would assume that even if a cure is administered, those effects would be permanent - not a very positive outcome of a cure.

No, I would say it is the eye sockets. It is surely the only logical answer to said question. And while, yes, many have been known to turn into Rakghouls because of this terrible plague that is assaulting the galaxy, one must wonder... Why are we different? Why are we, the heroes of this quaint little galaxy so long ago, and so far away, spared such a fate? Yes, it will make you vomit terrible glow in the dark bile, and yes, it will make you eventually explode and infect all of your friends and family, but one must ask... isn't it better to simple detonate, and paste portions of yourself on the walls of your surroundings, than to turn into a terrible Beast? I dare say the answer is yes.

Sorry, but I laugh at jokes people tell me in real life, because the point of jokes being funny is only properly conveyed in person. Text is text, there is no internet comedian award.

then there's really no point in trying to convey any type of emotion whatsoever via text, by your logic. Might as well give up typing, everyone, you won't ever get anything across to another person again.:rolleyes:

He merely attempted to come up with a logical, yet humorous explanation for the OP's question. I found it funny.

then there's really no point in trying to convey any type of emotion whatsoever via text, by your logic. Might as well give up typing, everyone, you won't ever get anything across to another person again.:rolleyes:

He merely attempted to come up with a logical, yet humorous explanation for the OP's question. I found it funny.

As did I. Some people can't take humor because the interwebs are serious business!

My guardian is a Miraluka and it was quite a shock to see the glow so strongly through her silver metal mask.

I had to rationalise it as an image of how they were seen using force vision, considering that she couldn't see visually it wasn't too hard to rationalise. That what she noticed wasn't really there at all, but just a force signature of the virus.

As for how other people saw her, luckily I was able to avoid that quandry.

I like to think they still have their eyeballs, only without pupils and the whole system of light detection. And under the vale it looks kind of like Chiss eyes, but not glowing red. It's more logical from biological point of view and aesthetic as well.

I know, I know, the lore. But it's more like a direction, right? :)

A wizard did it.....I mean a sith sorceror did it. :p

Slightly more seriously, the rakghoul plague is at least in part caused by the dark side of the force. Therefore the glowing eyes are not the physical eyes of a subject glowing but a culmination of dark side energy going to the subject's brain through the most direct route in order to alter their thinking capabilities making them more aggresive. The glowing is just a side effect.

They also get "blinded" by flash grenades, shouldn't be able to see maps, Is allowed to drive a ship, no NPC in the game comments on your character's lack of eyeballs ever. Is it really that hard to program an NPC reaction to a certain race?