Why do fresh 50's have the same gear as me

schippo

I freaking hate this gear system.

People hit 50 and 3 days later have full battlemaster. What's the sense in being equal to a fresh 50 when I've busted my *** getting valor lvl 75?

I'd love to see 60 valor required for BM and 70 for war hero gear, seems fair to me.

edit: just thought i'd put my thoughts out there, kthx.

Edited by Ellvaan
Circumventing the Filter

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People hit 50 and 3 days later have full battlemaster. What's the sense in being equal to a fresh 50 when I've busted my *** getting valor lvl 75?

I'd love to see 60 valor required for BM and 70 for war hero gear, seems fair to me.

You should be able to defeat a fresh 50 because of your experience and skill, not because of some gear advantage. This is PvP, not PvE. Ideally, all would have the same gear, allowing for fair matches.

Edited by Ellvaan
Quoted removed content

You should be able to defeat a fresh 50 because of your experience and skill, not because of some gear advantage. This is PvP, not PvE. Ideally, all would have the same gear, allowing for fair matches.

Oh, this again, the 'fair fight' quote. They should have to work for their gear, if you want that sort of game go play GW2.

I would like to see all gear removed frm PVP. Everyone spawn in balanced equivalent gear. Voila, skill game! you can have some nice cosmetics for Valor 75, enjoy.

Edited by Ellvaan
Quoted removed content

Can't you beat people of equal gear level ? Why should fresh 50s lose to others not because of their skill but because of time invested ? Ideally, time invested should only give cosmetic rewards. Therefore, if a fresh 50 is better than you, he'll blow you up.

Edited by Ellvaan
Quoted removed content

Oh, this again, the 'fair fight' quote. They should have to work for their gear, if you want that sort of game go play GW2.

Oh, the "work for" "argument" again. Hello - games are not supposed to be work, but fun.

PvE'rs who suck at PvP coming in telling true PvP'ers how our aspect of the game should be ran. Go back to PvE'ing. You dont see us suggesting that you should have no gear progression or content to work towards. You earn what you get. If you cant earn the proper gear, then youre either A) not good enough and would lose even in your "fair fight" dream world or B) dont play enough and SHOULDNT have the same gear as someone who plays 10x more than you.

-fuzz

The system is better than it was before, but still not what it should be.

They would better completely change the system and give EVERYONE THE SAME GEAR in warzones. Worldpvp doesn't matter, it's dead. PvP should be all about skill and not about "outgearing the war".

Compare the PvP to sports.

If you win a football match, does your team get any improvements besides maybe a little bit of motivation? No. It's all about skill and teamwork, and it will always be about this.

I'm sick of getting f*ed by people who have 0 skill but BiS-gear just because they play more than I do. This isn't PvP, this is MygearvsYourgear.

Look what GuildWars2 is planning to do gearwise, this is the way to go.

Edited by iphobia

Your not fooling me you just want easy kills. Edited by Ellvaan
Quoted removed content

Time invested should provide rewards. PVE provides a tier system for time spent. Why doesnt pvp ? OP is right.

I enjoy pvp and i want to be rewarded for it. I should have an advantage in pvp as you should in pve.

Time invested should provide rewards. PVE provides a tier system for time spent. Why doesnt pvp ? OP is right.

I enjoy pvp and i want to be rewarded for it. I should have an advantage in pvp as you should in pve.

So you win a warzone and you're locked out til next week, right? Ohwait, you're making an invalid comparison. Nm.

Right, the main aspect of the game for me is PVP, and I concur with the notion that you should win on skill, not on your gear:

If you have no life and can spend days on end getting the good gear, it doesn't mean you are a better player, just that you think you are.

I personally condone the changes, and YES I was in full BM before 1.2, however it is just no fun steamrolling fresh 50s because they are under geared, face rolling them while equally geared, now that's the fun part.

If you like to "work" for your gear there is a game aspect called pve, and I would suggest you check it out, then you can gloat about how cool you are with your fancy gear, and how everyone else sucks because they might have a life.

Edited by Jeskelech

I understand your need to feel progression, but for pvp progression should be about Player Skill and Teamwork not about who has the best gear...

Otherwise what happens in 1 year and most pvp'er in tier 10 pvp gear and new players in recruit gear being one shot killed.

Awarding better and better gear in PVP, for what is basically time played will eventually reach a critical mass where entering PVPas a new players will be a VERY demoralizing experience. Thus leading to a slippery slope of declining PvP Populations!!!!!

Edited by Ellvaan
Quoted removed content

Wrong. Tons of gamers play for competition. Just because you want to be casual doesnt mean we should have to lower our standards to fit your needs

-fuzz

Players that are interested in competition would favor an even playing field.

Awarding better and better gear in PVP, for what is basically time played will eventually reach a critical mass where entering PVPas a new players will be a VERY demoralizing experience. Thus leading to a slippery slope of declining PvP Populations!!!!!

As a very occasional PvPer, this argument makes sense to me. People say that it only takes a couple of days to get the full gear. Fine, for now. But what about, as my quoted guy says, in a years time? You have all the longer term players running around in their brand new, top notch gear coming along and one-shotting a newly levelled 50 who doesn't have any PvP gear.

If the new person to lvl 50 PvP cannot get any kills, or whatever they keep track of in warzones, what motivation do they have to continue PvP'ing? Simple answer is none. No matter how you look at it. The competitive people will take one look and realise there is no way in hell they can catch up to the people in the top ranked gear because they simply cannot get going long enough to get some decent points to get the gear to even things out. The casual people will go in for a warzone for a bit of fun, and come out thinking they had wasted their time since all they did was respawn, die, respawn, die, and so on.

Wrong. Tons of gamers play for competition. Just because you want to be casual doesnt mean we should have to lower our standards to fit your needs

-fuzz

People play for competition because they find it fun. Stop taking things out of context. He was referring to the OPs need to roll fresh 50s with gear imbalance over skill. If you think that reflects competitive gameplay then you're evidently not one of those who enjoy competition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.