The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.2.0c - increased rewards for lost warzones

oldshatterhand

Cant have bad players get less rewards, that would be an outrage!:rolleyes:

And they are bad players because they what:

- Got beat in a match with 8v6?

- Entered a loosing match, and decided to stay and play because they are not quitters.?

- Pugged a grp with bad team composition?

- Had a game with an AFK player therefore playing at a 1 person disadvantage?

......etc and the list goes on....

Most people who whinge about the rewards dont want to have equal PvP, they want to have advantages over other players to have easy wins and fell good about themselves.

True PvP is about SKILL and PRACTICE, not about I'm wearing War Hero gear your in Recruit Gear I SMASH YOU! Cos I is better!!!!!

True PvP is Gear balanced, class balanced and based on player skill and team work!!!!

BTW, I'm full BM Geared, Valour 70+, and will be happier the more people who get the higher gear...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a start but just scratches the surface. TTK is still stupidly low, the gear gap is still huge, wz's still start stupidly lopsided and dont end like they should, you still get backfilled into hopeless games, and most importantly in the long run - the overpopulated winning faction will continue to gear up faster than the losing faction, at an ever increasing rate, because rewarding better performance with gear that gives better performance is moronic. Comms rewards should be basically equal based on time invested/played, with the winners getting more xp/valour/credits. Edited by Polebreaker

Great so we are back to carrying the farmers.

Last few days i have had the best pvp matches because people played to win (will be hard to believe for some i guess), yeah the rewrdas may of been very small for the loser but the gameplay was so much better even for a loss.

Yes i had games where people left in the first few mins or got put into a game in the last few mins.

I want fair PVP but in my honest opinion this is not going be fair to the players that play to win

I have not played yet, judging by the rewards posts, i feel it will be back to the " i don't care if we win, i still get comms gameplay"

Its a start but just scratches the surface. TTK is still stupidly low, the gear gap is still huge, wz's still start stupidly lopsided and dont end like they should, you still get backfilled into hopeless games, and most importantly in the long run - the overpopulated winning faction will continue to gear up faster than the losing faction, at an ever increasing rate, because rewarding better performance with gear that gives better performance is moronic. Comms rewards should be basically equal based on time invested/played, with the winners getting more xp/valour/credits.

the here is what they bio-ware don't know how to do you DON'T TAKE AWAY YOU ADD THEY WENT AND NERF HOW MUCH COMS AND CREDS YOU GET OVER ADDING MORE REWARDS FOR WINNING SOMETHING LIKE MORE VALOR IF YOU WIN OVER SOME ONE WHO LOSE IF THEY LOSE THEY GET LEST VALOR put hes xp and credist wont be toch so they can still level up and earn some good $ and get to gear up on bm the is they my not touch WH for some time cuz if they keep losing they will get lest valor wish mean longer to rank up put at same time they will only be 1 gear under wish it wont be as bad as it is right now all the NOlifes running around whit War-hero destroying

HURRAY Winning doesn't matter anymore!

Thank you BW for rewarding terrible players!

It rewards participation in addition to increasing the rewards for winning. Considering how many thousands of commendations every pvp player eventually needs, this is a good thing for everyone involved.

you have nolife if you think peoplo need to be punished on a video GAME go outside and take a bath Cuz this is a video game there dont have to be punishments for losing .

losing it self is a punishment you dont need nothing extra yo make ppl like you whit no life feal special

^^^^^^

An English major, I see

Let's be honest here,

The only reason why some people are not satisfied with this patch is because they wanna baptize newcomers.

Which is fairly sad and tells you a lot about modern gamers these days.

Seriously we asked for a fix, they gave us a fix, what more do you want?

HURRAY Winning doesn't matter anymore!

Thank you BW for rewarding terrible players!

It's not rewarding bad players. Hell, bad players still get carried now. The increased rewards for the losing side will help to prevent the gear gap between the factions from getting any wider. PvP in this game is more about the gear than it is skill. Skill doesn't start to take over until expertice level's start to even out between the factions. Now, I'm not sure about the 1 medal thing. Should have been kept to 3 imo since they aren't too hard to earn, but eh. I thought they were also putting the WZ shutdown feature back in....odd.

Now this isn't going to affect much I think since skill/teamwork will take over from who has the best gear. Good players and good teams will still win and bad players and bad teams will still lose. The ONLY people this will affect is those who relied on the gear/expertice gap inorder to win matches...maybe like the guy quoted above...

Edited by Swaggz

Its a start but just scratches the surface. TTK is still stupidly low, the gear gap is still huge, wz's still start stupidly lopsided and dont end like they should, you still get backfilled into hopeless games, and most importantly in the long run - the overpopulated winning faction will continue to gear up faster than the losing faction, at an ever increasing rate, because rewarding better performance with gear that gives better performance is moronic. Comms rewards should be basically equal based on time invested/played, with the winners getting more xp/valour/credits.

The gear gap is gone imo. As a fresh 50 just after the 1.2 patch, I had enough WZ and Merc comms to get 3 BM pieces and bought the rest as recruit gear. I had 943 Expertise and was able to complete with anyone unless they just outclassed me skill wise. If I had just bought all Recruit (+ 2 Champion Relics) I would have around 900 Expertise. Still plenty to be competitive.

The people who are outgeared are the ones coming in with 0 or nearly 0 expertise which I think was the point of the expertise stat.

A Few Statistics for you from the newest Patch :

Level 37 Jedi Sage, Balance Specc :

Huttball Win (4/1) - 8 Medals - 1 MVP Vote

Commendations : 131

Xp : 17.920

Credits : 5.200

Huttball Loss (6/1) - 8 Medals - 3 MVP Vote

Commendations : 73

Xp : 10.200

Credits : 4.900

Civil War Loss 120 HP LEFT - 7 Medals - 2 MVP Votes

Commendations : 92

XP : 15.640

Credits : 4.400

Novare Coast Total Destruction 100% HP LEFT - 3 Medals - 0 MVP Votes

Commendations : 50

XP : 8.920

Credits : 2.920

Huttball Win (5/0) - 11 Medals - 0 MVP Vote

Commendations : 135

Xp : 19.200

Credits : 5.690

Huttball Loss (0/1) - 9 Medals - 1 MVP Vote

Commendations : 96

Xp : 17.600

Credits : 3.700

Novare Coast Loss 12% HP LEFT - 9 Medals - 2 MVP Votes

Commendations : 89

XP : 14.230

Credits : 4.400

Edited by Magisch

I dont get this system at all.

I played 3 warzones today.

Loss: 94coms

Win: 140coms

Win: 80coms

So you can get more from losing than winnnig now :D

yes some game do that. i usually got high comm in lost games when you got high score in objective and medals

Now all we need is 5k $ for losers and 10k $ for the winning team come on right now it is so damn hard in this game to make any form of $ and went you do make some you lose it in under 20mins cuz everything cuz a arm and a leg

We need a better form of creds for thos of as who love to pvp

Now all we need is 5k $ for losers and 10k $ for the winning team come on right now it is so damn hard in this game to make any form of $ and went you do make some you lose it in under 20mins cuz everything cuz a arm and a leg

We need a better form of creds for thos of as who love to pvp

Credits seem fine based on what that leveling sage was posting.

When rated warzones come out and players no longer get rewarded for a lose but punished for it, terrible players will find new ways to cry.

But the change is good imo. Welfare gear should be handed out in 1 - 2 weeks and not months.

Edited by xxdragonragexx