Bioware, you have 106 US servers

benchpress

Add ~20 more and let everyone in. I would rather sit in queue then wait god knows what.

Every evening, servers WILL be full. Weekends will be even worse.

There will be queues no matter what!

What's the point of staggering it now?

Plus, you ruin launch day atmosphere.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm someone doesnt take into account their LOG IN server is the one taking the hit, not the main playing servers.

If you let 900k of people all log in at the same time.. What happens ??

Login Server goes... BOOM. Simple fact.

When login server goes BOOM then all hell breaks loose and the community complains about not being able to get in.

Sadly it seems they are only doing 1 more wave of early access emails today. Well at least that was posted on Stephen Reid's Twitter account.

I don't much see the point either. Why not open 20-30 more servers and let everyone in?

Took a day off for nothing. Only 500 lost... wait.. I get paid anyway.

The same people that cry over server queues are the same people whom cry a few months later because of population issues. People zerg games and then move to other servers/games. I would prefer that Bioware had a higher population with lower servers than having too many servers a few months down the road. Edited by jdnyc

Add ~20 more and let everyone in. I would rather sit in queue then wait god knows what.

Every evening, servers WILL be full. Weekends will be even worse.

There will be queues no matter what!

What's the point of staggering it now?

Plus, you ruin launch day atmosphere.

I agree. Set up longer ques to protect the servers. Once everyone is on the server it will be long lines regardless.

Staggered access makes no actual sense. Do they think when they are adding in wave #50 that all the previous 49 waves of people will stop playing and logging in? :p

At some point, the servers are going to have to be able to handle everyone.

As for the people claiming it has to do with not slamming the starter zones...

....every zone is instanced and multiple instances open up whenever one instance reaches a set population. This is a non-issue.

Edited by revial

I agree. Set up longer ques to protect the servers. Once everyone is on the server it will be long lines regardless.

This is the best way so we aren't all slamming the starter zones at once.

We need to be patient:)

Edited by jdnyc

Staggered access makes no actual sense. Do they think when they are adding in wave #50 that all the previous 49 waves of people will stop playing and logging in? :p

When you lift weights or try to do anything that stretches the limits of something really, you do it in waves. Just because the eventual goal is 100 lbs, doesn't mean you immediately chuck 100 lbs on their because "hey, it's gotta hold it anyway"....you work your way up so when you get to 100 lbs....you aren't taking a shot in the dark as to whether it can hold it.

My guild mates on vent are saying there is no one on our server, outside a small handful of people and a lot of my other mates dying to get in to play.

End of the day, its their cheese, their rules, and if game play was based on how bad you wanted to be playing, we all be in there already.

If their servers are so weak it can't handle everyone who has ordered the game, we have more issues then stagger. Testing should have finished any issues, no?

As for the people claiming it has to do with not slamming the starter zones...

....every zone is instanced and multiple instances open up whenever one instance reaches a set population. This is a non-issue.

Content areas are designed for a certain number of players. Too many players will cause spawn camping and waiting in line to finish quests.

This is just about the servers. This is about preserving the experience.

When you lift weights or try to do anything that stretches the limits of something really, you do it in waves. Just because the eventual goal is 100 lbs, doesn't mean you immediately chuck 100 lbs on their because "hey, it's gotta hold it anyway"....you work your way up so when you get to 100 lbs....you aren't taking a shot in the dark as to whether it can hold it.

If you actually believe computer hardware requires the type of build-up a person's muscles do...I don't think we can have a very civil discussion. :p

Content areas are designed for a certain number of players. Too many players will cause spawn camping and waiting in line to finish quests.

This is just about the servers. This is about preserving the experience.

It appears you totally don't get that areas are instanced with a max pop, with more instances of every area spawning to handle the population, thus it is impossible to overcrowd.