Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shakeweights awesome work out routine, 1.2 spec and rotation.

Trancedzero

This is a link to the spec i am currently using

The rotation has changed a little bit since patch 1.2, the new rotation goes alot like spam the f out of flameburst

The single target rotation is currently:

Incendiary Missile > Flame Burst > Rail shot > Rocket Punch > Rail shot > Unload > Flame Burst> Rapid shots, Flame Burst > Rail Shot > rapid shots > Flame burst> Rocket punch > Flame Burstx3

the AoE rotation has marginally changed:

Use all cool downs > Death from above > Carbonize > Flame Thrower > (what ever else you want to use)

Notes*

i pulled 2 points to get Hot Iron, for more over all damage

these points came from

1. -1 point Steely resolve -3% AIM,

2. -2 point Burn Out -1% tech crit, and dots do little less damage than 2 points to 30% or under players.bosses

over all i think the +6% flame burst damage sounds nice, and proves to be a significant upgrade

I've always put 2 points in the ability to get you TD to cool down faster and it gets me a free incinderary missile every other fight. Heat has never been an issue for me. I rarely ever need to use vent heat as well unless fighting a healer. 1v1 the target is usually dead before heat becomes an issue

Strapt

Kinrath Spider

any other feed back i can get on this spec, i still like the damage im doing in this spec, the damage boost might just be a benefit of taking everything out of my champ eliminator gear and re-socketing it with Rakata stuff, but in pvp fire damage burns hard.

Incendiary Missile > Flame Burst > Rail shot > Rocket Punch > Rail shot > Unload > Flame Burst> Rapid shots, Flame Burst > Rail Shot > rapid shots > Flame burst> Rocket punch > Flame Burstx3

No.

Do not waste a PPA Proc by doing this.

No.

^this IM-TD-RS-FB-RSorRP if no ppa - dead or near dead

I am on my phone so sorry for any typos but here is a rough estimate

With all CDs popped assuming most or everything crits,

700+dot im, 4k rs, 1.5k fb, 4k rs and 3.8k td explosion (average for me), 1.7k rp+ the 3 ticks of im for 700+ = a super rough estimate of? 17.1k if not all your cds were up a couple FBs or Rapid shots will seal the deal. Stun them after your initial burst so they cant medpack if their trink isnt up

Edited by Kimmjongheals

No.

Yeah seriously. The post above is a good rotation for PvP. For PvE though, nothing in this entire thread is even close to an optimal (sustained) rotation.

Thermal Detonator specs have been pulling ~100 more DPS than 28 point pyro for me on parses post 1.2.

Optimally you will do the following to open

IM > RS > RP (proc PPA) > TD (start the CD on it sooner) > RS (free) > FB > FB (hope for PPA proc) > ....

Subsequently, you should try to use TD only after a PPA proc, try to save FB or RP to proc more PPAs (depending on heat) and use IM with Thermal Override every chance you get.

Using the above rotation/priority and using this spec (which I consider to be the optimal PvE pyro DPS spec) I consistently pull 1300-1400 DPS on PvE. KP NmM run

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.