Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure i completely agree with that statement....how much perfume did you get bombed with on valentines, (lord the stench) ;-) getting shrunk, turned into a bat, cat, frog, ghost, kitten, Mini Diablo, skeleton, pirate, ninja, or snake on halloween...the bastages...and good lord the lag in some cities at times.....madness,...madness I say

Try crusing through a major city without some yahoo slapping some crazy buff on you.....ok, ok, I can't recall actually ....exPLODing in green slimy putrescence.....so y'got me ...maybe WOW didn't "force" THAT down my throat....but hell, my gullet is pretty wide, so they probably would have gotten away with it.

Honestly, every once and a while, a game can have it's way with me, if the rest of the lot is digging it....as long as they sponge me off, give me a cookie and put me back where they found me, i'm get over it.

LOL! Yes...this.

There have been a couple times when stuff like that got on my nerves and then I hauled myself up short and thought: you're bein' an old grouch...either get over it or take a break.

I think this plague event is hilarious, I think being Typhoid Mary is hilarious, and I get 5 rakghoul DNA samples that I can use for level 50 crystals every time I go all 'splodey in green goo with zero armor repair bills. Where else are you going to get a crystal at such a cheap price?

I'd send a sense of humor to everyone in the thread, but BioWare might call that spamming.

Ahem! Not all of us are "Impaired". :)

I think they did a pretty damn good job with this event. Couple things could be a bit different (involuntary flagging and I guess it's very important to some to be able to opt out) but I would give it a 98% and really, really, really hope the do things like this often.

Smack me if I misunderstood point two but isn't that (ranger port) meta-gaming? Did you mean that you avoid dying but if you need to get back to base you do for the transport?

If so, that is meta-gaming, I'd say and not great RPing (to intentionally die in order to get a quick transit to a location).

Am still working on first cup of coffee, so if I misunderstood, my apology is tendered in advance.

Yeah; not proud of it, but I have done it a lot when I find myself a great distance away, and wish to use my 30 min Cooldown for other evacs. I first discovered this while dying so frequently with my Main early on; sure beats jogging.

And On Topic, I had my next case of interferance this evening, as another Player was intent on us joining together, even after I declined. I waited, and waited in the sitting position; even tried using the Chat function to get them to go ahead. All they did was to go out of sight, waited until I attacked the droids in question, then race back in for the fight. I took a page from here, and threw myself off the scaffolding to get away to the nearest Med Station.

Still no more infection! ;)

Yeah; not proud of it, but I have done it a lot when I find myself a great distance away, and wish to use my 30 min Cooldown for other evacs. I first discovered this while dying so frequently with my Main early on; sure beats jogging.

Ah good, my brain was working. Heh. I am going to be polite and take a pass at taking a shot at you for dual-standards. :)

And On Topic, I had my next case of interferance this evening, as another Player was intent on us joining together, even after I declined. I waited, and waited in the sitting position; even tried using the Chat function to get them to go ahead. All they did was to go out of sight, waited until I attacked the droids in question, then race back in for the fight. I took a page from here, and threw myself off the scaffolding to get away to the nearest Med Station.

Still no more infection! ;)

Uh oh, back to the not quite getting it phase here: Was he infected? Is that why you didn't want to join up? Sorry, not quite following this. Apologies in advance for any late response, going to take advantage of server down this morning to go to the Post Office and local shops.

people standing around, at spawn in, to fleet for hours, on end,is just lame.

LOLZ!

clever use of game mechanics i say ;)

but then again you dont need to be on the fleet if it upsets you so much....do dailies.....and stuff

as a side note:

props to bioware....was a real pleasent suprise to see the event starting warning us to stay away from tatooine great event!

Uh oh, back to the not quite getting it phase here: Was he infected? Is that why you didn't want to join up? Sorry, not quite following this. Apologies in advance for any late response, going to take advantage of server down this morning to go to the Post Office and local shops.

Nah! This is ref that my normal play methodology to not play with others has helped restrict further infections since the Fleet.

Funny thing is; knew this would kill me as I had tried to back door by jumping on various girders in that location., amd lept a little too far. I die so often from mis-steps and hitting the wrong keys that the Med droids know me by name.

Whats not to like? You get to yourself become a giant aids spreading kamikaze bomber and be rewarded for it.

Btw simple workaround. By a damn 2k syringe that lasts 5+ hours and 1 quest pays for it. If you are too cheap for that stop playing for a week.

You wont be missed.

I've been having fun with this event. Great job Bioware.

To those that say they want an opt-out, is this your first MMO? First world event?

I mean, it doesn't even cause damage when you explode AND you get something for participating in the event.

The best part last night was sky diving off the VIP area into the mass of bodies below @ the medical droid. BOOOM!!! 10/10 daily people infected.

I support the world event. Sure it is annoying because I was focused on accomplishing certain things, but a lot of people are having fun. I thought the announcements and such were a great, it makes the world feel more alive, interactive, and engaging.

I certainly don't want the rak thing removed as plenty are enjoying it, good for them.

For me though I have no interest in it so would support an 'opt out' option please. Some of the things I enjoy ingame are not for others, I certainly wouldn't like to force participation on something they don't enjoy so would like the same.

He just argued that the next step or the next event could be major negative consequences for anyone who participated or got infected during this event. Such as having attributes gathered from datacrons taken away. In short things that'll never happen.

Ah, I see. Yeah that would be utter maddness for Bioware to do.

The strange thing is I've been trying to explode to get more DNA, but it constantly bugs out for me and goes into a bugged state where I literally never explode anyway.

So if people just go through a loading screen they should be safe anyway.

I like the whole world event idea. I like how this one dragged players of opposing factions into the same area. Hopefully we'll see more of these events in the future, even if some people aren't appreciating it.

Great event. I've been having a blast. It's been fun to have people blow up in the middle of Flashpoints. It's hysterical. I also like the rewards offered by the vendor.

Lol its funny providing its not the tank and your not the healer! :) No seriously though I had a few kicks at the random explosions. One was actually during the world boss fight on tat. And even with pubs and adds we still took the sucker down!

I certainly don't want the rak thing removed as plenty are enjoying it, good for them.

For me though I have no interest in it so would support an 'opt out' option please. Some of the things I enjoy ingame are not for others, I certainly wouldn't like to force participation on something they don't enjoy so would like the same.

I hear ya bro. I have already stopped playing because of it. :( Had no choice, thanks BioFail.

Secondly I do not have an issue with the event per se but more so with the ridiculous Zombie amount in this game. First Kaon (A whole FP based on an intro sideshow of KotOR????), then LI now a World Event. What's next 2 OPS instances based on freaking Resident Evil? If that is the case I am a goner until you guys re-hire the story writers from KotOR days. They knew at least how to get priorities right. Very disappointing indeed. An opt out option would be very much appreciated. And devs? STOP COPYING WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the whole world event idea. I like how this one dragged players of opposing factions into the same area. Hopefully we'll see more of these events in the future, even if some people aren't appreciating it.

Yeah again: Create a theme that is actually StarWarsy and we can talk. This zombie thing does not fit. Makes me stop play. Good job BioWare. Have fun all that like it. I hate it with a passion.

Ahem! Not all of us are "Impaired". :)

I think they did a pretty damn good job with this event. Couple things could be a bit different (involuntary flagging and I guess it's very important to some to be able to opt out) but I would give it a 98% and really, really, really hope the do things like this often.

Idea of a world event at this stage: 75%

Implementation and surprise effect: 95%

Theme chosen: 0%

Room for improvement thus: 100%

Enough said.

A lot of discussion about the event and it all ends up to whether the plague infection is annoying or not... Dont wanna mess with anyone's opinion of the event but what's the point of whinning about the illness when you can purchase a vaccination from any med-droid and be immune... I just dont get it:confused:

In my opinion world events are mainly meant to keep busy and involved players who already finished endgame content (at least before patch). I read in a number of forums that low level players cant participate and whats the point of a world event if not everyone can take part in. So you have a lvl20 char and you are interested in some dailies in a planet that you havent even discovered... Thats just mad for me.. So dont get all messy about not being able to do the raghoul dailies or the raghoul illness. You are just missing the point of the event.

There should and there will be other world events! Now let me find a damn fat powertech and let him snizz upon me so i can get infected:D

I hear ya bro. I have already stopped playing because of it. :( Had no choice, thanks BioFail.

Secondly I do not have an issue with the event per se but more so with the ridiculous Zombie amount in this game. First Kaon (A whole FP based on an intro sideshow of KotOR????), then LI now a World Event. What's next 2 OPS instances based on freaking Resident Evil? If that is the case I am a goner until you guys re-hire the story writers from KotOR days. They knew at least how to get priorities right. Very disappointing indeed. An opt out option would be very much appreciated. And devs? STOP COPYING WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judging by your post I have to wonder if you even got to Taris, the planet with Rhakghouls and side-quests that deal with them.

:confused:

And lastly...common sense isn't. Don't make the mistake of counting on it. Ever.

Yeah I learned that when I was mistaken in my belief BioWare would actually like StarWars and hence would create the epic stories and backgrounds we were promised for years. When I watched trailers like HOPE I had goosebumps but now I only feel like vomitting because of all this NON-plausible zombie rubbish. Bah!